Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Regnevelc posted:

Their schedule is trash, that's why.

This is what I said last year and that prediction blew up in my face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

This is what I said last year and that prediction blew up in my face

Yeah well, Brady Hoke and all.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT plays at Purdue this year for what is bar none the weirdest scheduling I've seen in a long time. It makes absolutely no sense and there's no chance any good football will be played outside of maybe what VT's DL does to Purdue.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Crotch Bat posted:

VT plays at Purdue this year for what is bar none the weirdest scheduling I've seen in a long time. It makes absolutely no sense and there's no chance any good football will be played outside of maybe what VT's DL does to Purdue.

0-0 do it again

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have found that most seasons where the fans are like "yeah we're kind of garbage but look at that lovely schedule!" and then predict 10 wins based solely on that end in like 7 wins and a couple "how the gently caress did they do that? losses

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 1, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Purdue also scheduled a home-and-home with Wake Forest of all teams....

...in 2026/2027 :psyduck:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I have found that most seasons where the fans are like "yeah we're kind of garbage but look at that lovely schedule!" and then predict 10 wins based solely on record end in like 7 wins and a couple "how the gently caress did they do that? losses"

Michigan has a lot of talent, they were very poorly coached last year.

Look at where the assistants ended up.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

I have found that most seasons where the fans are like "yeah we're kind of garbage but look at that lovely schedule!" and then predict 10 wins based solely on record end in like 7 wins and a couple "how the gently caress did they do that? losses"

Michigan in 2011 was 11-2, with one resounding loss (at Michigan State) and one blown game (at Iowa). 2012 started against Alabama, and things unraveled from there.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

DJExile posted:

Purdue also scheduled a home-and-home with Wake Forest of all teams....

...in 2026/2027 :psyduck:

Dear Lord, If we're lucky the world will end before those games ever take place.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

A real head scratcher, but I think it looks good scheduling wise for the CFP committee if we're any good this year. They are a P5 team at least, but they're also basically the worst B1G team at this point and have been for years. At least its not playing ECU again (even though we do that this year too forever and ever).

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

Michigan in 2011 was 11-2, with one resounding loss (at Michigan State) and one blown game (at Iowa). 2012 started against Alabama, and things unraveled from there.

I don't think we played more than 4 bowl teams in 2011.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

I am going to go out on a limb and guess "a pretty good team that runs the ball super well"

Mmm, haha.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Regnevelc posted:

You played 10 teams that went to bowls that year. The only two who didn't were Eastern Michigan and Minnesota.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Regnevelc posted:

You didn't deserve that Sugar Bowl W either. #ItWasACatch

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 1, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I liked when lloyd carr beat urban Meyer that one time

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

I liked when lloyd carr beat urban Meyer that one time

This was the one time I cheered for Michigan, and even then it was only because I knew Carr was on his way out so who cares.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
2011 Michigan was, except for the Iowa game, a complete best-case scenario.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
2011 was a long rear end time ago and I'm not sure what the heck it has to good with how good they'll be this year.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

The Notorious ZSB posted:

A real head scratcher, but I think it looks good scheduling wise for the CFP committee if we're any good this year. They are a P5 team at least, but they're also basically the worst B1G team at this point and have been for years. At least its not playing ECU again (even though we do that this year too forever and ever).

I thought it had something to do with the new president coming over from Purdue. And largely I'm ok with scheduling bottom P5 teams so long as it isn't the norm. I mean there is usually a team in ever conference that we think will be awful but overperforms some. If Purdue is bowl eligible a win might look ok.

And yeah I hate the ECU contract. We get nothing for playing them so often. Ink a game every few years since there is a little history there and Greenville is supposed to be a fun town, but gently caress this ten year contract bullshit.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I just remembered that Mike London got a contract extension.

What the gently caress

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Not everyone can beat the Kent State Golden Flashes

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

MourningView posted:

It worked for me last year but one of those garbage teams was Indiana so lol

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Not everyone can beat the Kent State Golden Flashes

Just the National Guard

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fluffdaddy posted:

Just the National Guard

:thurman:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ungratek posted:

I just remembered that Mike London got a contract extension.

What the gently caress

You are going to give me flashbacks. I'm scheduled to finish my PhD (science gods willing) in Jan of 2016 so I have another season of football like substance from London waiting for me.

I can't wait to get shingles again.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

While it's an arbitrary measurement I wonder if there's any correlation between IQ and probability chance or variance in severity of concussions.

Basically are stupid people more prone to them or vice versa.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

If you get hit in the head for a living you are more prone to get concussions.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Raku posted:

Johnathan Taylor's accuser has recanted. Normally you'd take it with a grain of salt since domestic abuse but she was also arrested for falsifying a police report. :psyduck:

How does this happen? At least in Iowa, the second a domestic abuse charge is leveled it becomes "state vs. whoever." The accuser/victim no longer has like, any control of the case. Is it different in other states?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd rather play Purdue than ECU.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

Johnathan Taylor's accuser has recanted. Normally you'd take it with a grain of salt since domestic abuse but she was also arrested for falsifying a police report. :psyduck:

So, let's say on the chance that she recanted because she made it up (which I don't buy for a minute) and the DA or whoever comes out and publicly clears Taylor, does Alabama take him back and say that they just wanted the legal process so clear up? With domestic abuse being mishandled so much in the NFL and the backlash it has brought, I think they tell him to kick rocks. It seems like a bad PR move, but PR also doesn't win championships.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

KKKLIP ART posted:

So, let's say on the chance that she recanted because she made it up (which I don't buy for a minute)

As long as I'm speculating about horrible poo poo that happened to strangers with no knowledge of the underlying facts, I'll say it is hardly unheard of for wild allegations to be made to the police officers who respond to a heated argument.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

You didn't deserve that Sugar Bowl W either. #ItWasACatch

:hfive:

It was such a total catch that the following season they changed the rules to make it one. :argh:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Frinkahedron posted:

I'd rather play Purdue than ECU.

I'd rather play anyone at all than ECU. I swear in my lifetime I've watched 30 games between us and them. loving stop it already.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Just the National Guard

Nick Saban is powered by a hate of the National Guard

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Nick Saban is powered by a hate of the National Guard

Alabama had its own run ins with them in the 60s

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

There goes that joke

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Bitcoin ended naming sponsorship deal w/St. Petersburg Bowl. Bowl looking for new naming deal

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It should be the Doesn't Exist Anymore Bowl and stop existing because its dumb

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

As long as I'm speculating about horrible poo poo that happened to strangers with no knowledge of the underlying facts, I'll say it is hardly unheard of for wild allegations to be made to the police officers who respond to a heated argument.

Fair enough, but I don't want this to turn into a victim blaming thing if it is a legit complaint, not that folks here really ever do that,. But my other question stands, if he didn't do it, what should Alabama do?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

There goes that joke

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Bitcoin ended naming sponsorship deal w/St. Petersburg Bowl. Bowl looking for new naming deal

I want to find out exactly how that joke of an agreement ended. Did they pay in fictional money that the bowl could never turn into actual money? Was the entire thing a giant scam, like the absentee owners of the Tampa Bay Lightning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

It should be the Doesn't Exist Anymore Bowl and stop existing because its dumb

All Bowls Own

• Locked thread