Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

1. raverrn (US)
  2. Kubrick (US)
  3. Winged Orpheus(US)
  4. Argas (US)
  5. McSpanky (US)
  6. PadreScout (US)
  7. Mirrors(US)
  8. The French Army (US)
  9. Trogdos!(US)
  10. gwrtheyrn(US)
  11. Tiger Crazy(US)
  12. TehKeen(US)
  13. RosaParksOfDip
  14. MisterFuzzles (US)
  15. Duckaerobics (US)
  16. Samolety(US)
  17. Innocuous(US)
  18. Infidelicious(EU)
  19. White Snipes (EU)
  20. Ghost of Mussolini (EU)
  21. Ikonoklast(EU)
  22. Vodos (EU)
  23. sc0tty (US)
  24. ZombieApostate (US)
  25. Demiurge4 (EU)
  26. Osad (US) **for a friend who isn't a goon. The shame, the shame!!!
  27. Innerguard (US)
  28. Sheep(US)
  29. Winged Orpheus
  30. Crazyeyes24 (US) **For a friend
  31. Blinks77(US/EU)

Edit: I'll just keep updating this list. If more people get keys we can try to work our way down the list 'till everyone is taken care of. Just update your older posts with the region and I'll put it on there.
If you get a key, either edit your original post or say thanks in the thread or something so I know you're taken care of.
Feel free to PM me if I screwed something up.

The lucky ones! post or PM me if you've gotten a key so I can take you off of the main list.
All hail TheFluff!
  1. Ihmemies (EU)
  2. Neferreth (EU)
  3. dominionix(EU)
  4. Tathris(EU)
  5. Jihad Joe (EU)
  6. Dravs (EU)
  7. Plankalkuel (EU)
  8. Desidera
  9. Perestroita (EU)
  10. Missing Name (US)
  11. wjs5(US)
  12. Dr. Arbitrary(US)
  13. Derakarsis (US)
  14. nerd death screech (US)
  15. xthetenth (US)
  16. Daylen Drazzi (US)
  17. General Battuta
  18. Infidelicious(US)
  19. zxqv8(US)
  20. Kazinsal (US)
  21. Shalhavet (US)
  22. Sidesaddle Cavalry (EU)
  23. Ataxerxes(US/EU)
  24. Lando131 (US)
  25. Hencoe (US)
  26. sparkmaster (US)
  27. cheese (US)
  28. zotix (US)
  29. Doctors Inc (EU)
  30. Kingcobra (EU)

Just wanted to note I put down for a US key in my original post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Vengarr posted:

It was nothing like that though?

Its Battlestar Galactica without Cylon babies, only the other way around because Battlestar Galactica was heavily inspired by SBY. The remake even added this Starbuck-like chick to make the circle complete.

I preferred 70ies Apollo/Starbuck bromance over all this and I will stand by my old fashioned opinion :colbert:

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

1. raverrn (US)
  2. Kubrick (US)
  3. Many other people...

I downloaded the client ahead of time the other day. I don't know if that's pathetic or practical.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I talked so much poo poo this whole game. Ended up timing out with their last carrier at 2k hp.

This will never happen again.

Edit: Died instantly next game. Sorry goons.

Krataar fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 1, 2015

Daimyo68
Dec 11, 2006
US Key would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance.

Email is daimyo1968 at hotmail dot com

Daimyo68 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 1, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Krataar posted:

I talked so much poo poo this whole game. Ended up timing out with their last carrier at 2k hp.

This will never happen again.

Might as well just uninstall the game now.

Red Terror
Oct 1, 2009
I'd like to be added to the US key list please. Email is comradeplanet (at) gmail (dot) com

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thanks so much for the key. I wish I saw it before work. Gotta get a few games in after work then.

Anything I should focus on or skip? I saw a post on reddit saying jp cruisers are inferior to us, any truth to that?

Zotix fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 1, 2015

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Jingles has some new WoWS videos up. I'm pretty stoked. Freaking game looks sick.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Zotix posted:

Thanks so much for the key. I wish I saw it before work. Gotta get a few games in after work then.

Anything I should focus on or skip? I saw a post on reddit saying jp cruisers are inferior to us, any truth to that?

US cruisers is just a really strong and fun line in general. It's a very good starter line.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Thanks fluff. You're a scholar and a gentleman.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

PadreScout posted:

Jingles has some new WoWS videos up. I'm pretty stoked. Freaking game looks sick.

I like that his short reference to Kantai Collection was as impersonal and true to the game as possible; "They're young girls who have embodied the spirits of old Japanese warships.". Short, concise and to the point, and he's even got a Kirishima figure. I expected a different reaction from him, that's pretty cool.

Question though: he was double-clicking every salvo he had with the Kongo at long to his optimal engagement range, which was from 21km to 13km, I think? Is it better to just let go of your entire salvo in a battleship? I thought it was good practice to spread your shots and wait for them to land one-by-one, until you're sure your aim is straddled and proper in the enemies' battleship. Which is better?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zotix posted:

I wouldn't say they're outright inferior, but they do have a different focus. Almost all japanese cruisers have a healthy complement of torpedoes, but in return they have less powerful main guns and AA weaponry than their US counterparts. So basically the US cruisers are more rounded, but the japanese ones have some extra bite against battleships and inattentive cruisers.

VVVVV Edit: Oh, that's actually what I meant. Reworded it to actually make sense :downs: VVVVV

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 1, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Perestroika posted:

I wouldn't say they're outright inferior, but they do have a different focus. Unlike most US cruisers, almost all japanese cruisers have a healthy complement of torpedoes, but in return they have somewhat less powerful main guns and AA capabilities. So basically the US cruisers are more rounded, but the japanese ones have some extra bite against battleships and inattentive cruisers.

Yes to the AA capabilities but no to the extra guns. US Cruisers generally have better firepower and better protection than Japanese cruisers. The Japanese cruisers are almost all citadel.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
O thank god wargaming finally is listening to the community:

lol april fools, they would never do that, harhar

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Oh man I would play the gently caress out of World of SpaceWarships.
I would also like to request to be put on the list for an EU key and would be extremely grateful to actually get one.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

chestnut santabag posted:

I would also like to request to be put on the list for an EU key and would be extremely grateful to actually get one.

Have you heard of Star Citizen :v:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are there current ship trees available anywhere? Not planned but current.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

If any more us keys are available id like one!
waynearchetype at gmail

Thanks!

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
There's also Fractured Space, although it's 5v5 so not really the same scale as warships battles.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Thank you for the key!

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Panzeh posted:

Yes to the AA capabilities but no to the extra guns. US Cruisers generally have better firepower and better protection than Japanese cruisers. The Japanese cruisers are almost all citadel.

I don't know what the gently caress is going on with the Japanese cruisers. The Tier 8 is almost exactly the same as the tier 7, but with 5 less guns and even less armour.

Then the tier 9 is the same as the tier 8, but the guns shoot slower! What!

No cruiser in the game match up to the Des Moines though, that thing shoots cruiser shells at 10rpm. It's a tier 10 Cleveland, which honestly deserves a nerf, or at least a tier-up.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd sure like a EU key if there are any left, send a PM to me if you got any, thanks in advance!

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
username @ gmail .com, I'd love a key if someone had one handy! :3:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

chestnut santabag posted:

Good news! https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/

az
Dec 2, 2005

I'd love to get a key for this, been trying forever to get in but I keep missing it. Edit: Us server please.

Email to rareim gmail com

Thanks!

az fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 2, 2015

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Every few weeks I remember this exists then look it up and do a :( that it isn't out yet.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Every few weeks I remember this exists then look it up and do a :( that it isn't out yet.

I too, await this... :negative:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I'm going to complain about the Japanese tech tree again. The Fubuki's guns actually shoot at a competitive rate, and it has enough turrets to deal damage. Its first hull upgrade reduces its artillery score, but it doesn't tell you why in the harbour.

Turns out, the hull upgrade reduces the rof of one of the ship's turrets. This isn't a game-changer, but I don't understand why it would do this.

The gun upgrade though, reduces the rof of all the ship's turrets. In exchange you gain marginal AA power from dual-purpose guns. But destroyers don't even use their main guns for AA. And the harbour screen actually rates it as an improvement, telling you that it's an rof increase from the single gimped turret from the hull upgrade. This might actually be a bug, but I can't tell where somebody hosed up here.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Destroyers do use their main guns for AA. AA damage is essentially just a field that does a certain amount of damage per second to planes that wander into its range, and whether the guns are firing or not the damage is still counted.

At least that's how I'm pretty sure it works.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

hopterque posted:

Destroyers do use their main guns for AA. AA damage is essentially just a field that does a certain amount of damage per second to planes that wander into its range, and whether the guns are firing or not the damage is still counted.

At least that's how I'm pretty sure it works.
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is how it works too. If you watch any DP mounts on cruisers and such when they're "firing" at planes they don't even turn or anything the shots just sort of magically shoot themselves out of your ship whereas when they're shooting at ships they'll actually track and fire and the shots will originate from the turrets themselves.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

my immersion :(

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

TheFluff posted:

US cruisers is just a really strong and fun line in general. It's a very good starter line.

It's got some of everything and is the best set of starter gun ships in the game.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TheFluff is an awesome person and I am very happy and thankful for this key.

The anticipation while downloading... :stwoon:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

TheFluff posted:

:agreed:

I hope that at some point when they do add the Alaska it's a cruiser simply because I want to see what happens when you push the cruiser AA button with a BBesque loadout of AA batteries while planes fly overhead

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Welp, had my first teamkill today. Rounded a corner on Fault Line in the Mogami, fired a torp spread at the rear end of a Fuso that was 5km away and moving straight away from me through a narrow channel, then turned around and went to murder a Ranger. Over a minute later, I get notification that I sunk a friendly destroyer followed by him cursing at me in chat. How the gently caress did he manage to run into one? They must have been near the end of their range by then. :psyduck:

Also, the Mogami is fun so far. Feels like a more fragile, but also more responsive Cleveland that trades some AA and RoF for an extra turret and torpedo launchers with a lovely firing angle.

OSad posted:

I like that his short reference to Kantai Collection was as impersonal and true to the game as possible; "They're young girls who have embodied the spirits of old Japanese warships.". Short, concise and to the point, and he's even got a Kirishima figure. I expected a different reaction from him, that's pretty cool.

Question though: he was double-clicking every salvo he had with the Kongo at long to his optimal engagement range, which was from 21km to 13km, I think? Is it better to just let go of your entire salvo in a battleship? I thought it was good practice to spread your shots and wait for them to land one-by-one, until you're sure your aim is straddled and proper in the enemies' battleship. Which is better?

It depends on how much you trust your skill at leading enemy ships. Full broadside can be advantageous at long range because it gives your target less warning time to take evasive action.

Magni fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 2, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Also the mogami's launcher might have a poo poo angle but it's loving 8 tubes on each side of your ship and they're the sick 10 km range torps.

It's cool as gently caress rolling by and giving a couple broadsides and then just dumping a loving ton of torpedoes on people as you zoom off.

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003
abbott dot bruce @gmail.com if there are any more keys to spare. Thanks!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

hopterque posted:

Also the mogami's launcher might have a poo poo angle but it's loving 8 tubes on each side of your ship and they're the sick 10 km range torps.

It's cool as gently caress rolling by and giving a couple broadsides and then just dumping a loving ton of torpedoes on people as you zoom off.

If you take an S-shaped route you can fire off both tubes, dumping 16 torpedoes into the water. Then thrill as none of them hit because they get spotted 7km away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Vengarr posted:

If you take an S-shaped route you can fire off both tubes, dumping 16 torpedoes into the water. Then thrill as none of them hit because they get spotted 7km away.

More like before they're even in the water because CA launches are just that telegraphed.