Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Apparently every month we now get a mini podcast so people can hear the Zaibatsu discuss upcoming games!

http://youtu.be/QM4vBb-aAK8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I like that concept and Liam chose the most anime game ive ever seen.

decided to check out the sbf neogaf thread and :stare:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Depths posted:

Too much hitomi j-cup on gaf, smh

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
A thread without Hitomi J-Cup and Waifus can never truly callitself a Super Best Friends Thread. it's like baking a pizza without its dough.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ok so Matt mentioned Tanya during the MKX segment and apparently she's DLC now.
I looked it up and uh... what the hell happened to her face in between MK4 and X?
Also man that Liam JRPG segment. What a wash.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

A thread without Hitomi J-Cup and Waifus can never truly callitself a Super Best Friends Thread. it's like baking a pizza without its dough.

Waifu wars are an integral piece of the rich tapestry that is the SBFP fandom.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
As someone who checks both here and the GAF thread, I'm still kind of amazed the latter was only given a warning and not just locked outright.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For Anno's last live action movie, go watch Cutie Honey

it's pretty good!

Moreover this is basically his Pat's Xenogears Video in the sense of I'm actually wondering if he's dying and this is his Make-a-Wish wish dude loving loves Godzilla

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HGH posted:

Ok so Matt mentioned Tanya during the MKX segment and apparently she's DLC now.
I looked it up and uh... what the hell happened to her face in between MK4 and X?
Also man that Liam JRPG segment. What a wash.

She's almost certainly unfinished

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
okay pat and woolie shoot and visceral attack a dude in this video all my problems with this LP are gone

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Depths posted:

I guess every forum has to have a giant bomb thread

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Depths posted:

That thread was unbelievable trash when I last saw it and I'm kind of surprised it got worse just because it was already such a mess.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Blockhouse posted:

okay pat and woolie shoot and visceral attack a dude in this video all my problems with this LP are gone

Yeah they're getting it, but holy poo poo they have to remember to do it against big guys more because that's when you really need it. Pat just barely made it trying to fight that one with regular attacks.

Also they need to slow down when reading the notes because Pat's completely wrong about what that blue glow is and I know it's going to blow their minds when they finally figure it out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

At least Fatal frame just got confirmed for western release. Also SMT x FE actually exists.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

Also SMT x FE actually exists.

And it is the most anime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrFj9OotBM

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I pray that there's a Super Best Friends watch simply because of SMT x FE

"This is the most Liam thing I've seen in awhile."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They already said they're recording today's Direct.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Matt I wanna thank you for being someone else hype as poo poo for Tanya, none of my friends who like MK give a poo poo and I needed someone else to validate that I wasn't insane for thinking she was awesome.

Also that was a good 'get hype for April' video, really shows how great the team is for having different tastes and all, a little bit of everything covered there. I gotta admit Liam's Creepy Anime Bullshit sounded cute.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure his hype for Tanya was a joke. I remember him saying in a video or podcast a week or two ago(before she was announced) that she was the most nothing character.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt, are any of you guys going to do stuff with Axiom Verge?

Because it, uh, looks preeeeeetty good

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I didn't expect an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt reference from Matt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

theCalamity posted:

I didn't expect an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt reference from Matt

They've been talking about it for two weeks straight on the podcast, man.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I don't always listen to the podcast. Now I will

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I wonder how they're react to the DK 64 announcement, because that's my version of Pat and Yaluza 5. That game is a huge chunk of my childhood and I want to play it properly this time.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i wonder how many takes it will take them to get the music box / beat father glassgow

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

hubris.height posted:

i wonder how many takes it will take them to get the music box / beat father glassgow

I got him in one once I realized the "trick" is to lock him up against the fog wall and just wail on him like crazy, with a few molotovs at the end phase. He staggers a lot for a boss. Unless they look it up, something tells me they won't figure out the music box thing. Or even if they do, it has drawbacks so they might not use it anyway. Cleric Beast was more of a problem to me just because of the constant struggle with the loving camera so good luck guys!

Anyway, I loved Matt's lucky streak in the new Revelations video. Getting the correct puzzle door blindly, just rushing past that train of exploding glob guys (triggering them perfectly for Pat) and running right under jump kick monster. :haw:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the music box isn't that great of an advantage so it's not a huge fuckup if they don't do it, it's for sure one of those 'I heard this from a guy, oh neat it works' kinda Dark Souls style secrets more than a hot protip to win the fight or whatever.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So did anyone else get a push notification from their Youtube app about a new Matt's Sexy Bondathon, or is my phone just going crazy (or being fantastically slow)?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liam is constantly losing to Youtube upload, that's why Nintendo watch isn't up yet

On the other hand, why is he doing that? Did they sign up for nintendo's whitelist poo poo?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I thought they were only going to upload these things to the site from now on, just in case they get hit by Content ID on Youtube?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'd be surprised if nintendo doesn't end up revising their youtube policies, again

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
You can watch it on the site that Nintendo has no control over, if you want.

#WONDERRED4SMASH

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 2, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hmm, I wonder who they want us to vote for in the Smash Ballot?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Hmm, I wonder who they want us to vote for in the Smash Ballot?

LANKY KONG FOR SMASH

Yeah, them booing DK 64 was kind of a bummer but unlike Xenoverse I get why they're talking poo poo about it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think they wanted Groose? I totally heard that.

Kinda sad for Matt, he was so looking forward to anything F-Zero related. But hey, Fatal Frame! That's good news.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Pat trying to power his way through those werewolves without using counterattacks or fire. Then switched weapons in the boss fight because apparently 30 damage is more than 40-something? They made it, but holy poo poo. :cripes:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea the music box isn't that great of an advantage so it's not a huge fuckup if they don't do it, it's for sure one of those 'I heard this from a guy, oh neat it works' kinda Dark Souls style secrets more than a hot protip to win the fight or whatever.

it helped me a ton

if you don't use it for the fight until he goes beast mode you can use it to chump him in beast mode and that is fun if you spent the entire day hitting your head against his beast mode getting owned

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pat should let Woolie play :(

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

lets hang out posted:

Pat should let Woolie play :(

Maybe they should give themselves a rough play time limit if they haven't died in a while or something.

Woolie has a very weird fixation on the oil urns. They help, but most of the time it's such a pain to land two thrown items it's just not worth it. And the R2 backstab followup that I'm pretty sure doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't
It won't be an issue once they make it past the easy stuff.