Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thank you, and Angel Beats is good. If there was a magic version of college dog, that would be the best non-anime magic comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

ok the Lion King one is actually pretty funny

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
suika has two horns, primeval titan has two horns, and i can't believe y'all are this retarded

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ultima66 posted:

The joke is she has the same horns as Primeval Titan I guess so she's used as a stand-in.

Except she actually doesn't if you look at them :goonsay:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

It's not an anime girl version of Primeval Titan, it's the literal anime girl Suika Ibuki. The joke is she has the same horns as Primeval Titan I guess so she's used as a stand-in.
I'm rolling on the floor here.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

JerryLee posted:

Except she actually doesn't if you look at them :goonsay:

Well actually,

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

Are you concerned that having 2RR, 1GG, G, UGR, and UU the same deck might be putting too much stress on the mana?

NEVER!

:getin:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Are you ever going to leave 2 mana untapped to cast Silumgars Scorn? It seems like you would probably be better served with some form of removal in that slot?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
You can't really blame me for thinking that was supposed to be an anime version of primeval titan. They made ones for Wikipedia and Microsoft Windows, after all....

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Wezlar posted:

Are you ever going to leave 2 mana untapped to cast Silumgars Scorn? It seems like you would probably be better served with some form of removal in that slot?

I think its at least debatable whether straight-up Counterspell would really be all that desirable in a Temur ramp deck like that. UU is a pain in the rear end to get (and painful with the landbase) and its not really a reactive deck. You really want to be putting dudes into play every turn and Stubborn Denial protects your threats just as well.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Starving Autist posted:

You can't really blame me for thinking that was supposed to be an anime version of primeval titan. They made ones for Wikipedia and Microsoft Windows, after all....

Primeval Ti-Tan

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
In less than an hour they're doing another Twitch Streamer Preview Draft for DTK, don't know for sure who the 8 are but I can tell from what I've seen around that it's at least LSV and modogrinder so it should be pretty good.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Magic%3A%20The%20Gathering at 9 ET all 8 streams should be up around then.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Boco_T posted:

In less than an hour they're doing another Twitch Streamer Preview Draft for DTK, don't know for sure who the 8 are but I can tell from what I've seen around that it's at least LSV and modogrinder so it should be pretty good.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Magic%3A%20The%20Gathering at 9 ET all 8 streams should be up around then.

Cameron Aldous
Randy Buehler
Thomas Delia
Paul Pires
Gabe Reale
Noah Sandler
Luis Scott-Vargas
Trey Van Cleve

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just how hyped was Lotus Cobra when it came out

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just how hyped was Lotus Cobra when it came out

It was a sleeper that people thought was going to be big then didn't do much and then found a deck and shot up to $20. I may be misremembering, but I swear it was $5 at one point.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It was hyped up enough for me to trade one for a wasteland, as I recall. Might've had an additional $5 card.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Yeah Cobra was hyped up on release but didn't do much for a while, but then it dominated a block PT with Jace and then RUG control was strong in standard with Prime Time and Jace and Oracle of Mul Daya (but not quite as strong as Caw-Blade).

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 2, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

People were really mad about Lotus Cobra being a mythic because it was just a deck staple, and wizards promised to not do that anymore

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh also Gifts on MODO is now bugged to be double Demonic Tutor

brainstorm is also bugged but not in a positive way - it's just putting the cards back on top in random order

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 2, 2015

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So gifts, intuition, brainstorm and who knows what else are all bugged on modo right now. Legacy dailies suspended till it is fixed.

I think I like brainstorm more if it put them back in random order, actually.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

People were really mad about Lotus Cobra being a mythic because it was just a deck staple, and wizards promised to not do that anymore

Then they did the same thing with Voice of Resurgence.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

rabidsquid posted:

Oh also Gifts on MODO is now bugged to be double Demonic Tutor

brainstorm is also bugged but not in a positive way - it's just putting the cards back on top in random order

Granted, I'm still in my sophomore year programming classes, but how on Earth would a card that used to work get hosed up ? I mean, don't touch that card guys, just code in the new cards and leave the old ones alone.

Is MODO so incredibly spaghetti coded that they piggy back new cards off old ones? How could that even happen?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

End of Life Guy posted:

Is MODO so incredibly spaghetti coded that they piggy back new cards off old ones? How could that even happen?
Ok so imagine you pay a company to code something for you.

Now imagine you fire that company rather than renewing their contract.

Now imagine they take all documentation with them and leave you with no idea how your currently operational multi-million dollar project is actually functioning.

Now imagine ten clown cars driving into each other and inside the clown cars are grizzly bears.

Magic Online Digital Objects

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
MODO is held together with digital duct tape, paperclips, and gum.

No one really knows how it works. It just does... Sometimes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

So that's what it stands for huh

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Magic Online Draft Online (I refuse to believe it's anything else).

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Spiderdrake posted:

Now imagine they take all documentation with them and leave you with no idea how your currently operational multi-million dollar project is actually functioning.

Now imagine ten clown cars driving into each other and inside the clown cars are grizzly bears.

The best part is hearing about the people asking for coders in magic shops and offering a huge pay cut for local rates - including a senior project manager. :allears:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Huh this kindof reminds me of a forum

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Chill la Chill posted:

The best part is hearing about the people asking for coders in magic shops and offering a huge pay cut for local rates - including a senior project manager. :allears:
No that's second place to the fact people will actually still pay money for the privilege of drafting those jewel like digital objects of magic and wonder.

A joke for me, you and JerryLee. Well not a joke so much as a ... You know what I mean.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sotar posted:

Then they did the same thing with Voice of Resurgence.

I think Voice was fine.

That, or the set sucked so bad it being the only playable card helped.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Now imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Wezlar posted:

Perhaps Roast would be more relevant, probably. Yeah.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Spiderdrake posted:

The thing is they could pay to fix this by setting up an actual team and infrastructure, rebuilding the game logic from the ground up, and "lose" like .002% of a years earnings off modo

Chill la Chill posted:

oh

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

End of Life Guy posted:

Granted, I'm still in my sophomore year programming classes, but how on Earth would a card that used to work get hosed up ? I mean, don't touch that card guys, just code in the new cards and leave the old ones alone.

Things break each other all the time, you overload something, redefine a static variable, etc etc. It's easy to break poo poo that's what makes good programmers they know how not to do that. Also I'm assuming MODO is held together by a lot of duct tape fixes. I'm not even sure what the correct approach would be for coding MODO would be at this point.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

KidDynamite posted:

Things break each other all the time, you overload something, redefine a static variable, etc etc. It's easy to break poo poo that's what makes good programmers they know how not to do that. Also I'm assuming MODO is held together by a lot of duct tape fixes. I'm not even sure what the correct approach would be for coding MODO would be at this point.

Burning it all to the ground and restarting with a fresh well-paid in-house team?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Four Score posted:

Burning it all to the ground and restarting with a fresh well-paid in-house team?

I mean yeah but that's not happening. I'd like to take a look at MODO's code next to Hearthstone or Hex's would be pretty interesting.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Iirc all cards on MODO are written in Perl. That doesn't really explain why they randomly break between updates though,

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Someone somewhere decided that the money they would pay for a real staff wouldn't bring them in enough extra cash to pay for not making MODO garbage. Unless MODO breaks to the point of being unusable/we see someone specifically mandate it be fixed, we're going to have garbo town forever.

Also I am glad nobody suggested Stainless do it.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Angry Grimace posted:

I think Voice was fine.

That, or the set sucked so bad it being the only playable card helped.

There was a point where it was $80 at my LGS. VoR spiked hard for a bit, as the only worthwhile card in a small set that no one liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

End of Life Guy posted:

look at this dude not understanding how changing one class can cause lots of unintended side effects.

• Locked thread