Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Amppelix posted:

Did anyone catch any major differences between eu/us directs? I watched the wrong one like a fool.

PAL-land got 4 N64/VC games: Mario 64, DK64, Mario Kart DS, Warioware Touched. Buy 3, get 1 free.

They also announced the next Wii download games: Sin & Punishment 2, Pandora's Tower, out later this month; both will have 25% launch discounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

drat my WiiU is packed cause I'm moving. Where can I check out this Direct thing so I can see all the cool N64 stuff I can't play right now?

e: Oh nevermind it's literally the first google result for "nintendo direct"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL-land got 4 N64/VC games: Mario 64, DK64, Mario Kart DS, Warioware Touched. Buy 3, get 1 free.

They also announced the next Wii download games: Sin & Punishment 2, Pandora's Tower, out later this month; both will have 25% launch discounts.
I'm hoping we get those titles in the US too, I wish the VC schedule wasn't a complete mystery at times (hasn't the 3DS gone a long time without a VC release?)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm hoping we get those titles in the US too, I wish the VC schedule wasn't a complete mystery at times (hasn't the 3DS gone a long time without a VC release?)

It's tapered off in NA/PAL-land, yeah, but we still get a game every now and again. Being limited to NES/Game Boy means they've already burned through most of the big games.

Japan has only had one 3DS VC release in the last 9+ months (Pokemon TCG, released on xmas) despite having access to more games over more platforms, it's insane.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

200cc? gently caress.

We're hosed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Voting Geno from Mario RPG or Ken from Street Fighter 2010

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The SMTxFE site is up: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/index.html

Pull your pants up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

This looks like lovely fanart.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's tapered off in NA/PAL-land, yeah, but we still get a game every now and again. Being limited to NES/Game Boy means they've already burned through most of the big games.

Japan has only had one 3DS VC release in the last 9+ months (Pokemon TCG, released on xmas) despite having access to more games over more platforms, it's insane.
With as many platforms as they're supporting now, I would hope that they can try to stick to more consistency. Wii and DS have HUGE libraries so it would be a waste if they didn't get as many titles up as possible. Even if we're just talking Nintendo-published games, Wikipedia says Nintendo has published over 140 games on DS alone across the various territories.

I'm getting my hopes up that they'll put Super Mario Strikers Charged up there :X It'd also be an opportunity for me to hype people up about games like magical starsign and poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan is getting SMTxFE this winter, in case it hasn't been mentioned.

I want a yarn Poochie so bad:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Any opinions on Fatal Frame Wii U out there? It's been out for a while in japan.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

So the DS VC involves some rough compromises, but at least they've provided lots of options. For most games, I think the best way to go will be the setting where one screen is large and the other is small.

Unfortunately, that mode's not so good for Yoshi's Island DS, which plays around a lot with the way the screens are stacked, meaning you wanna have one on top or the other. And for some reason they've chosen for that mode to display the screens like this:

Those screens could be scaled at least 50% larger and still fit. 80% larger if you reduce the gap between them.

You also can't remap buttons for some reason, which means you can't use ZL/ZR as your L/R buttons (which I prefer to do).

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 2, 2015

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So how's Yoshi's Island DS? I keep hearing mixed things about it, but I love me some Yoshi

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Japan is getting SMTxFE this winter, in case it hasn't been mentioned.

I want a yarn Poochie so bad:

That's cute as gently caress goddamn.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hear the anime levels of the Wii-U have risen to dangerously sugoi levels....

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Willo567 posted:

So how's Yoshi's Island DS? I keep hearing mixed things about it, but I love me some Yoshi

It's bad. I love the SNES game but could only stand a little bit of DS.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waltzing Along posted:

This looks like lovely fanart.

Did you see the game? It looks like every generic anime so I wouldn't expect the art to be good either.

Willo567 posted:

The only good Yoshi's Island is on the SNES, this is all you need to know.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hear the anime levels of the Wii-U have risen to dangerously sugoi levels....

yeah it's great

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ometeotl posted:

The SMTxFE site is up: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/index.html

Pull your pants up.

Oh poo poo they put in dudes from "...if".

A game that nobody in america is familiar with at all. They are truely pulling out all the stops.

Where the hell is Chie?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sire Oblivion posted:

I can only hope Wooly World changes that.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Willo567 posted:

It's pretty good but a little difficult and very familiar. If you like the original it's basically more of the same.

Don't buy the 3DS one though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Motto posted:

Any opinions on Fatal Frame Wii U out there? It's been out for a while in japan.

The core gameplay is fun and make good use of the gamepad but the anime skeeve factor got cranked way the hell up. Thanks, Team Ninja!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sire Oblivion posted:

Did you see the game?

Yes. Kinda wish we could put little anime heads next to posters who buy the game, then eventually move them into their own forum. Finally ban 'em all.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Sire Oblivion posted:

But I loved Yoshi's Story as a kid

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The core gameplay is fun and make good use of the gamepad but the anime skeeve factor got cranked way the hell up. Thanks, Team Ninja!

To what extent? I know there's some unlockable bikini costumes or whatever.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh poo poo they put in dudes from "...if".

They're calling the new Fire Emblem If in Japan which is kind of a weird coincidence

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

They're calling the new Fire Emblem If in Japan which is kind of a weird coincidence

over 20 years and the game finally gets a sorta sequel.

drat.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Motto posted:

To what extent? I know there's some unlockable bikini costumes or whatever.

Lots of skimpy costumes and emphasis on wet clothes tech, mostly, plus some voyeuristic camera stuff. It's not Senran Kagura levels of bad but seeing this crap forced into every JP game is getting tiresome.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lots of skimpy costumes and emphasis on wet clothes tech, mostly, plus some voyeuristic camera stuff. It's not Senran Kagura levels of bad but seeing this crap forced into every JP game is getting tiresome.

It's not forced, it's demanded.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I do not think I will buy the nintendo game about the boob teen dancing in her underwear.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Supercar Gautier posted:

I do not think I will buy the nintendo game about the boob teen dancing in her underwear.

Wimp.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah Hyrule Warriors is not that great. Would definetly skip it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It has been 8 years since I was a teen myself, and so lusting after teen childs is out of the question. I wont do it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PRADA SLUT posted:

Can anyone confirm if you can download a VC game with coins and then pay the 2bux to upgrade it?

Yup, that is a thing you can do.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

It has been 8 years since I was a teen myself, and so lusting after teen childs is out of the question. I wont do it
Lusting after them isn't part of playing the game.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Willo567 posted:

But I loved Yoshi's Story as a kid

He did technically say Yoshi's Island game.

That said, a lot of people dislike Story too, so who knows.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

People who aren't suggesting inkling for smashbros are wrong

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol if you think they aren't going to pick whatever popular option that's easiest to turn into a clone character.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

which one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Motto posted:

lol if you think they aren't going to pick whatever popular option that's easiest to turn into a clone character.

they could copy/paste snake's moveset onto an inkling

• Locked thread