Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

steakmancer posted:

Character you're voting for:
Birdo

Title of game character appears in:
Birdo's Story, Birdo's Island, Birdo's Wooly World

Why should this character become a fighter?
There is a dearth of Nintendo characters not readily identifiable on polar ends of the gender spectrum (save Fire Emblem and Xenoblade characters), and Birdo is the platonic ideal of a child-friendly, popular and recognizable introduction to a fluidgender character.
birdo clearly identifies as female you fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

it's me

i am history's greatest monster

:commissar:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

it's me

i am history's greatest monster

:commissar:

gently caress you matthew

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Sakurai should stream himself skimming through the fan votes.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This is the cruelest april fools joke ever :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sporadicsarcasm posted:

Staring blankly at the screen for an hour and then screaming "Matthew! MATTHEW!!!"

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Best suggestions I've seen so far are probably Wonder Red and Waluigi. Takamaru from Murasame's Castle might be interesting just because Sakurai considered making him before. I imagine there will be a ton of Ridley votes, too.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

sporadicsarcasm posted:

Watch his continued decent into madness as he starts repeating the name Goku while staring at a blank wall.

Also did I do this correctly?

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
I thought about maybe voting for a Belmont or some Zelda character, but I then realized a perfect candidate:

Give the new blood a chance.

Especially if it gives us a shot at a King Knight stage hazard.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Personally I'd like a character that isn't already an assist trophy or boss character to get a character slot

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I voted for Bayonetta because she'd look so loving weird standing next to Mario

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

D'you think the new characters will come with stages if there aren't any applicable to their series currently?
Like maybe Layton gets the Bostonius, or Blossom City/Vorkken's ship for Wonder Red?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
I voted for Ice Climbers, but a close second in my heart is Goku.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm going to vote for 8-bit Mario because it'll be awkward as gently caress and Smash needs more Marios.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I did the right thing.

and voted Chibi-robo!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I voted Tingle.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This wasn't as funny as I hope it'd be, but I hope his Lucas video will be.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wasn't expecting Lucas, cool I guess.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
They did one of these polls for Japan in regards to Brawl and I think the winner was Geno by a large margin.

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up
Voted Bomberman. Explosions all over the place, every few seconds would rule. Plus he's adorbs and would look good in the Smash universe.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Had Nintendo not revealed Lucas, I no doubt would've voted for him. I guess Sakurai knew he'd be inundated with Lucas votes and decided to save himself the trouble.

Now, I don't know who to vote for; it's a sadistic choice between Ice Climbers or Snake. Ordinarily I'd pick the ICs in an instant, but it was made clear that the old 3DS couldn't handle them for poo poo in production and I don't want to ask for something impossible, nor do I want my vote to go to waste.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Do Bomberman. Konami won't.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I voted for Impa. Impa is the best choice for a Zelda character. She is lanky and cool, and she is a real Sheikah so she is probably even better at Sheikah martial arts than Sheik.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
wonderful 101. yeah, all of them, hear me out:

- each attack is one of the 7 different wonderful one's unite morphs. fist, sword, whip for grab, all of them are in.

- when you use one of the attacks, the current leader is that color wonderful one. attack with a sword move, the fighter is now wonder-blue.

- make each unite morph chargeable. smash attacks, special attacks, even grab.

- final smash, wonder red yells "DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED" and unlimited form starts where all attacks are fully charged.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Echo Chamber posted:

This wasn't as funny as I hope it'd be, but I hope his Lucas video will be.

I'm waiting for the Elderly reaction video.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Anidav posted:

Do Bomberman. Konami won't.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Bayonetta. Easiest choice I made all day.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really hope they show the ballot results at some point, even just like a top 10. I'm interested in what the majority of people pick.

It's also super cool Nintendo is doing this. They're obviously not going to go with a character like Goku, but the fact that we will probably have a character in the future literally because the fans demanded it is awesome.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Macaluso posted:

They're obviously not going to go with a character like Goku

Well if the fans have THAT attitude about it they won't.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I went for a different direction and voted for Ephraim.

Yes I know he'd basically be "Rolento minus the grenades and throwing knives", but still, at least he'd play differently compared to other Fire Emblem characters.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dieting Hippo posted:

wonderful 101. yeah, all of them, hear me out:

- each attack is one of the 7 different wonderful one's unite morphs. fist, sword, whip for grab, all of them are in.

- when you use one of the attacks, the current leader is that color wonderful one. attack with a sword move, the fighter is now wonder-blue.

- make each unite morph chargeable. smash attacks, special attacks, even grab.

- final smash, wonder red yells "DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED" and unlimited form starts where all attacks are fully charged.

You are a person with correct opinions.

Even though I just voted for Wonder-Red and I think the FS should be Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow. :colbert:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

There's too many loving fire emblem characters already

I went with Simon Belmont

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I voted for Pichu 'cause I like having a character that's obviously inferior to everyone else.

Am I a bad person? :ohdear:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Wolf just sent me a text message and asked me to vote for him, so I did. He's on his way, and needs a place to crash

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
The fighter ballot is a hard pick between Waluigi, Bomberman, Shovel Knight and Simon Belmont. I may go with Waluigi, just because a first party character is probably a lot simpler to work out and throw into the game.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Dresh posted:

The fighter ballot is a hard pick between Waluigi, Bomberman, Shovel Knight and Simon Belmont. I may go with Waluigi, just because a first party character is probably a lot simpler to work out and throw into the game.

Not sure how much luck we'll have with characters who are already Assist Trophies.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

I really hope they show the ballot results at some point, even just like a top 10. I'm interested in what the majority of people pick.

It's also super cool Nintendo is doing this. They're obviously not going to go with a character like Goku, but the fact that we will probably have a character in the future literally because the fans demanded it is awesome.

I'm really not that into this ballot request thing if only because it reminds me too much of when the Sumo Digital guys said they'd look at one the community put together after Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed came out and nothing ever came from that, like literally nothing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dresh posted:

You can do multiple submissions, so just do them all. It says limit your vote to one per person but it's not like the site makes you log in or anything and locks you out after you cast one vote

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm really not that into this ballot request thing if only because it reminds me too much of when the Sumo Digital guys said they'd look at one the community put together after Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed came out and nothing ever came from that, like literally nothing.

I have higher hopes for Nintendo on this kind of thing

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Put Travis Touchdown or Leon Kennedy RE4 version in for my vote.

'You're small time Kirby!'

EDIT: Oh gently caress put the Skull Kid in there, assist trophy be damned.

White Light fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Oh god, I just got the worst idea on who to vote for.

Do I dare?

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 2, 2015

• Locked thread