Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The SMT x FE dream is real also may or may not be a monkey's paw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKaHMqkjGS8

Ugh, I don't get why they didn't do AWxFE, it's forbidden love and my otp. :swoon: nobody's made that joke yet, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AradoBalanga posted:

I am hoping that Purple Bazongas is of the Fighter line and not an axe-specialized/higher axe weapon rank Hero like Echidna was. Also, am I crazy or does she look like a hell of a lot like Darklaw from Layton vs. Phoenix Wright?

Other than that, I too hope they clarify what the hell is going on with the release method very soon.

She's a Wyvern Rider

But it looks like there could be a Female Barbarian, or Fabio Barbarian

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

theshim posted:

it's funny because we can hope and pray and at the end of the day we're gonna pay whatever they ask and like it :shepspends:

Accurate

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Onmi posted:

She's a Wyvern Rider

Six skills eh?

Also I'm not sure what the red 4 refers to - a debuffed stat? He's not paired up or nothing, and the green 13 and 14 indicate to me that he's either capped (unlikely) or buffed. Who knows?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Onmi posted:

She's a Wyvern Rider

Is that a dark mage over on the left? If so RIP cool robes from the GBA games, guess we are stuck with the half naked dark mages from now on.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

Not!Japan is called Hoshido, peace loving country that's being invaded. Path is easier and aimed at newcomers, and has a traditional FE story of fighting off incursion.

Not!Europe is called Nohr (?), gloryseeking and conquest driven country. Path is harder, and involves destroying any resistance. Unsure if it's meant as an outright evil path or not.

So... The signing up for murder, mayheim and destruction is harder then being the plucky resistance fighting the giant war machine? Right, then.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's harder because the route is about reforming the evil country

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Beating up an evil empire is much easier than trying to reform it from within, yeah.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I'd rather pay once and like it however

Wait, what?

Cake Attack posted:

about reforming the evil country

I have never been more disappointed by Fire Emblem related news.

I just want to send the lead of a fire emblem game to the gulags one time, is that really so much to ask? :argh:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm still curious if class changing is back. Even if it's just limited to the avatar/main character or something. If there was news on that front I haven't heard it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

She's a Wyvern Rider

We're never going to get a female fighter will we?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Onmi posted:

She's a Wyvern Rider

Bummer.

Also, I see that transformation stones have actual weapon ranks now, like every other weapon type in the franchise.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

We're never getting a male Pegasus Knight, either. There are as many male exclusive classes as female.

Well, there were until Dark Flier anyway.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I dunno why men aren't allowed to ride on pegasus. They have the right to be fabulous to dammit.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 2, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think the in universe explanation is that they're too heavy, and also that pegasi don't like dudes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Internet Kraken posted:

I dunno why men aren't allowed to rid on pegasus. They have the right to be fabulous to dammit.

Has its basis in myths, also the mens testicles are uncomfortable to the pegasus's back or something.

It's not important.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Bummer.

Also, I see that transformation stones have actual weapon ranks now, like every other weapon type in the franchise.

I can't see the directs yet, can anyone sum up what insanity has gone on re; this new fire emblem?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

We're never getting a male Pegasus Knight, either. There are as many male exclusive classes as female.

Well, there were until Dark Flier anyway.

Yeah, true. There's just not any female class that can solely use axes, which I dunno, is a thing i'd like. Though I guess War Clerics can kind of do that but in Awakening at least I always found promoting to Sage to be the more useful option.

Also, has anyone seen any Soldiers in that trailer? I hope they return.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah, true. There's just not any female class that can solely use axes, which I dunno, is a thing i'd like. Though I guess War Clerics can kind of do that but in Awakening at least I always found promoting to Sage to be the more useful option.

Also, has anyone seen any Soldiers in that trailer? I hope they return.

Wyverns as of 13.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Onmi posted:

She's a Wyvern Rider

Neither his sword or the dragon stone have durability here.

Anatharon posted:

I can't see the directs yet, can anyone sum up what insanity has gone on re; this new fire emblem?

The Avatar is the main character and it's being released as two separate games. Enemies can pair up. Also they finally showed a trailer for a modern day FE called Hashtag Fire Emblem.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I wonder if there's gonna be a world map.

Also yeah soldiers would be cool, they're my favorite class line despite the number of games they were in

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

Neither his sword or the dragon stone have durability here.

The Avatar is the main character and it's being released as two separate games.

Take note of the Red/Green box around the sword, could indicate durability.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There are female Heroes in Awakening as well, which is really nice. It's the first time we've had a girl Merc since, like, FE6. Not solely using axes, but still.

I'm not counting FE11 and 12 since everyone is everything in those.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Onmi posted:

Take note of the Red/Green box around the sword, could indicate durability.

Hopefully there's an option for an actual detailed interface like Awakening did, I don't get this weird streamlining thing where they obscure mechanics for some reason.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They're not only axe users, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Wyverns as of 13.

Oh yeah. Never mind what I said then. I guess I was just thinking that since the two mount-less axe-exclusive classes are male-only.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Manatee Cannon posted:

There are female Heroes in Awakening as well, which is really nice. It's the first time we've had a girl Merc since, like, FE6. Not solely using axes, but still.

I'm not counting FE11 and 12 since everyone is everything in those.

But girls still couldn't be mercs in those games. Girl class selection was pretty limited.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Lotish posted:

But girls still couldn't be mercs in those games. Girl class selection was pretty limited.

In Awakening? Yes they could. What do you think Severa was?

EDIT: If you're referring to FE12 then that makes more sense.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

We saw what looked like a female barbarian in one of the trailers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yes I was referring to the "everyone is everything" part of that post w/r/t 11 and 12

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh yeah. Never mind what I said then. I guess I was just thinking that since the two mount-less axe-exclusive classes are male-only.

It would be nice if women didn't have to wait 'til promotion to axe it up regardless.

edit: Forgot Wyvern Rider in Awakening when I posted this, but that's probably because I haven't played the game in a while.

Endorph posted:

We saw what looked like a female barbarian in one of the trailers.

And if that's legit than whichever side has her will be where my loyalty lies.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 2, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bottom right. Furhat, axe, but has a shirt on. Going by the units around her, it looks like she's on the Not!Japan side.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Lotish posted:

Yes I was referring to the "everyone is everything" part of that post w/r/t 11 and 12

They also had that weird thing where Wyvern Knights only came from Pegasus Knights, but we still had male versions of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

They also had that weird thing where Wyvern Knights only came from Pegasus Knights, but we still had male versions of them.

That's because Pegasus Knights promoted into Wyvern Lords in the original. That's why Falcon Knight was a DLC thing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man Not!Japan has Pegasus Knights and a Female Beserker but the other side has challenge, and a War Cleric. The choice will be difficult.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's because Pegasus Knights promoted into Wyvern Lords in the original. That's why Falcon Knight was a DLC thing.

Yeah, I know, it just made an odd scenario where Michalis is somehow promoted with no base class.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Man Not!Japan has Pegasus Knights and a Female Beserker but the other side has challenge, and a War Cleric. The choice will be difficult.

choose both

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah you have to play both sides to get the third ending anyway.

I'm the kind of guy who eats the boring stuff first on a plate and leaves the best for last so I'll play not!Japan first to get it out of the way then it's reforming the evil empire with the power of rocking tittays for me.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Eej posted:

Yeah you have to play both sides to get the third ending anyway.

I'm the kind of guy who eats the boring stuff first on a plate and leaves the best for last so I'll play not!Japan first to get it out of the way then it's reforming the evil empire with the power of rocking tittays for me.

The average TnA in FE really rocketed up with 13, didn't it?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

"Average".