Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

You bought the correct rifle :colbert:

That looks like a rather small shop dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

toplitzin posted:

That looks like a rather small shop dog.

:colbert: Shop Lizard. And he is joined by the shop cats and shop dog.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Dragonov

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

Dragonov

PSL-54c, which is the Romanian knockoff.

It's also got a significant price difference, something to the tune of $1k in price difference.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

CommieGIR posted:

PSL-54c, which is the Romanian knockoff.

It's also got a significant price difference, something to the tune of $1k in price difference.

:woosh:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Man, I need to get myself sorted out and join one of the local shooting clubs, start working towards a licence and buying some stuff (It's loving hilarious in the UK, I'm very jealous of the :patriot: way of doing things).

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah, I just tried to get it in his head how hosed up that is, and he in turn accused me of having a personal vendetta against him. I just told him in the nicest way possible that he isn't welcome here anymore.
Oh boo loving hoo. Why is it so hard for people to understand that, while you're willing to help them, you do have your own stuff to sort out, and as much as you may enjoy wrenching on cars, you're not a charity.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah, I just tried to get it in his head how hosed up that is, and he in turn accused me of having a personal vendetta against him. I just told him in the nicest way possible that he isn't welcome here anymore.

gently caress these people, you go well out of your way to help them, assholes.

That being said, do you have some sort of legal boilerplate drawn up that people sign prior to you touching their car? You should probably look into that just in case someone is more than willing to chew you out :tinfoil:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Adiabatic posted:

Shop's closed to everyone but owners and shop dogs.

did someone say hotdogs?

All this Brobaru talk is really driving me away from the brand.
The worst part is, it's not even an STI. It's a loving legacy. I WANTED A loving LEGACY. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

did someone say hotdogs?

The worst part is, it's not even an STI. It's a loving legacy. I WANTED A loving LEGACY. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Hey bro, I got an 08 LGT I'm selling. :v:

For a minivan. :cripes:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have two and want a third. I also hate subaru owners.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Slow is Fast posted:

At least Subaru owners aren't BMW owners.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

At least Subaru owners aren't BMW owners.

You almost had me there and then I looked at the username :v:

I remember when I had my E30 on my friend's lift for most of two days because it was my first ever suspension install. Luckily he was very understanding and was expecting me to gently caress it up, and I more than made up for it the next week when I helped him do a clutch on an STi (Fuckin SUBARUUUS). Oh god that sucked.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Slow is Fast posted:

You either have the genuine good guystm or the brobaru owners. There's also the "car-owner" crowd but they're not an issue.

Subaru's are genuinely awesome, and they're worth owning even if you end up with a bit of a problem child, but the owners can be terrible. Locally I've organized a few meets and it's mostly good guys, but a few questionable. I've heard from one that summer tires are fine in winter, and others are just woefully misinformed about cars or mechanical systems in general, but they can learn if their not cemented in their ignorance. Thankfully there aren't too many hellaflush subies here (probably because of the legendarily lovely roads)

We need more good owners. So good AI-ers, buy more subies!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm going to see if I can resume Subie ownership next year. I miss mine terribly. Slow economy cars don't work for me :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I promise next time I have to subject you to my Forester that I'll be sure to bring you two cases of brew.

they will probably be necessary :v:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wrar posted:

I'm going to see if I can resume Subie ownership next year. I miss mine terribly. Slow economy cars don't work for me :(

Your Saab story has no effect on me!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Gonna find out why my gate keeps mysteriously opening, god damnit.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MAN OVERRIDE INTERROGATE ARMED HARD :quagmire:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Adiabatic posted:

Can't keep those durn Subarus out :bahgawd:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Raluek posted:

:ohdear: "What do you mean, they cut the power? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals!"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

:ohdear: "What do you mean, they cut the power? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals!"

It would explain the cans of Monster that he keeps finding littered around his yard and the Plastidip stains under his bedroom window.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It would explain the cans of Monster that he keeps finding littered around his yard and the Plastidip stains under his bedroom window.

Subaru owners are the same everywhere! I walked by a guy here in Patagonia drinking a Monster and spraying his WRX's wheels last night. Should have gotten a picture.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Looks like it's just the wind. Caught the culprit blowing the gate open violently this afternoon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Raluek posted:

InitialDave posted:

They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Looks like it's just the wind. Caught the culprit blowing the gate open violently this afternoon.

Getting a better latch that can't be actuated by hoodscoops or Hella Supertones?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Adiabatic posted:

I had that happen with my gate once. I went after it with a phillips had screwdriver and gave it a good stabby stab.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Getting a better latch that can't be actuated by hoodscoops or Hella Supertones?

Or Rally Armor mud flaps...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Didn't get to the Comanche last weekend, and I doubt I will this weekend with my birthday party. Works well since work and school have both gone into overdrive.

News on that Legacy: he found some schmuck that let him use his garage. They started on Saturday, the motor came out Sunday, the clutch comes in this Thursday maybe. He's looking frantically for exhaust gaskets on their forum right now for some reason.

:munch:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't understand why people tear their cars apart without having everything they think they will need to put it back together on hand already. Kinda defeats the point and wastes everyone's time... it's bad enough when you realize you need something you didn't think of, but going in saying "hey let's do a clutch, I'll pull it apart and then order one or wait for it to come in" makes no goddamn sense to me.

:popcorn:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

If you're doing anything that involves tearing into the major components of the driveline, it will take twice as long as you think it will, and you WILL NOT have everything you thought you'd need, whether it's parts or tools.

It's essentially Newtons Fourth Law.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

MrYenko posted:

If you're doing anything that involves tearing into the major components of the driveline, it will take twice as long as you think it will, and you WILL NOT have everything you thought you'd need, whether it's parts or tools.

It's essentially Newtons Murphy's Fourth Law.

Fixed that for you.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

kastein posted:

I don't understand why people tear their cars apart without having everything they think they will need to put it back together on hand already. Kinda defeats the point and wastes everyone's time... it's bad enough when you realize you need something you didn't think of, but going in saying "hey let's do a clutch, I'll pull it apart and then order one or wait for it to come in" makes no goddamn sense to me.

:popcorn:

Not AI at all buddy. Thats how we all learned.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Wish I could be there, had a bunch of poo poo to get done up here though :(

Senior Funkenstien posted:

Not AI at all buddy. Thats how we all learned.

Uhhh... you learned by tearing up your poo poo without even having the parts on hand you knew you were going to need? Because the plan was to replace them?

I'm sorry, that's as loving retarded as deciding you're going to cook pancakes, except all you have is the butter and baking soda. So you mix those, turn the stove on, and realize maybe you should get the rest, then go to get the rest at the store while the stove is still on, oh and this isn't even your kitchen?

No, read the drat ingredients list first. And buy the stuff on it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I don't see the problem, what else goes into pancakes?

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

kastein posted:

Wish I could be there, had a bunch of poo poo to get done up here though :(

Uhhh... you learned by tearing up your poo poo without even having the parts on hand you knew you were going to need? Because the plan was to replace them?

I'm sorry, that's as loving retarded as deciding you're going to cook pancakes, except all you have is the butter and baking soda. So you mix those, turn the stove on, and realize maybe you should get the rest, then go to get the rest at the store while the stove is still on, oh and this isn't even your kitchen?

No, read the drat ingredients list first. And buy the stuff on it.

I learned by asking here and going balls in. All the tools and poo poo came after I asked.

He seems angry...

Senior Funkenstien fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 12, 2015

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Help you guys there's some kind of smoking flaming baking soda butter thing going on in my roommate's only teflon pan, and we're all out of butter. Can I use orange juice instead?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Hey OP - what's the coolest car you've ever worked on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

noooorrrmmmiiieeeessss hissss