Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

All Bowls Own

Its very mean of them to use football to trick people into going to St Pete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

Fair enough, but I don't want this to turn into a victim blaming thing if it is a legit complaint, not that folks here really ever do that,. But my other question stands, if he didn't do it, what should Alabama do?

If he didn't do it they should reinstate him since they 1) still said they don't regret the decision to sign him in the first place 2) it would be absolute bullshit to lose your chance at an nfl career over a lie.

That said it's likely he totally did do it and she only recanted when it became clear he would lose his shot at ever getting that paycheck.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
ps rename it the Dogecoin Bowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Beenz Bowl

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

MourningView posted:

All Bowls Own

Let me introduce you to the all new Little Rock Bowl

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

News: USC says it is indefinitely suspending all sports related stuff with Notre Dame, including this year's football game, due to the "religious freedom" law passed in Indiana

Views: NCAA already tried calling them out for March Madness, some pizza restaurant said they werent going to serve filthy gays (and then got hacked), and I want to say the Big10 said they won't use the state for their yearly meetings anymore. So naturally you can assume they will double down on the bad law.

Views #2: April fools, but it would be rad.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

All Bowls Own

Valar MorBowlis

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

KKKLIP ART posted:

News: USC says it is indefinitely suspending all sports related stuff with Notre Dame, including this year's football game, due to the "religious freedom" law passed in Indiana

Views: NCAA already tried calling them out for March Madness, some pizza restaurant said they werent going to serve filthy gays (and then got hacked), and I want to say the Big10 said they won't use the state for their yearly meetings anymore. So naturally you can assume they will double down on the bad law.

Views #2: April fools, but it would be rad.

View #3: gently caress Notre Dame

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
There's essentially no redeeming qualities to the state so I see no reason why they shouldn't just aim for the shitter and head there on a rocket bus anyway.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Do you guys want to try and pool some money together and buy a bowl's naming rights

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If your football team was a currency what would it be.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Untraceable bearer bonds

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

Do you guys want to try and pool some money together and buy a bowl's naming rights

What would we even call it?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Halftime is hidden video tape of sash talking about WW2 on blind dates.

It bleeds into the 3rd quarter

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Declan MacManus posted:

Yes but what are we going to give the players in their gift bags?

CharlestheHammer posted:

What would we even call it?

The Awful Bowl. It should take the worst P5 school and best G5 school that will play in it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

Quick I need something that has held consistency for a long time but ultimately holds no intrinsic value.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crotch Bat posted:

Maria Theresa thalers.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Crotch Bat posted:

Bear Bryant Collectible Coke Bottles

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Crotch Bat posted:

methamphetamines cooked in a shed out back

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Nebraska, Penn State, and Tennessee are all the Deutsche Mark.

Really strong, but disappeared about 15 years ago

pillsburysoldier posted:

Halftime is hidden video tape of sash talking about WW2 on blind dates.

It bleeds into the 3rd quarter

I'll have you know I pick a war relevant to something that came up in conversation thank you very much

Sash! fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 2, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sash! posted:

It should be the Doesn't Exist Anymore Bowl and stop existing because its dumb

gently caress you I like having a bowl in the dump known as the Trop.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Yes but what are we going to give the players in their gift bags?

Gift certs for a fully loaded forums package, including no ads, a custom avatar and archives! Wow!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

vyst posted:

gently caress you I like having a bowl in the dump known as the Trop.

I look forward to St Pete being destroyed by global warming, but am disappointed that the Scientologists will probably turn Clearwater into some sort of Venice (the Italy kind).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I grew up on St. Pete and I want to get mad about this conversation but yeah...it's pretty bad.

The beaches are nice though I guess?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Crotch Bat posted:

Not NCAA, but as a Seahawks fan I feel obligated to say loose change

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MindlessHavok posted:

I grew up on St. Pete and I want to get mad about this conversation but yeah...it's pretty bad.

Ft. DeSoto legit owns.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I want to be a billionaire so bad so I can sponsor a bowl game.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Declan MacManus posted:

Considering that they cost of some bowl naming rights is apparently "zero" I'd kick in my ten bucks for the TFF Bowl. I think we could make this happen.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 2, 2015

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Mike Pence is trying to double down, but too much opposition in Indiana. Every major employer here has called his rear end out.

soggybagel posted:

I want to be a billionaire so bad so I can sponsor a bowl game.

BOFA Bowl, so anytime someone asks 'BOFA? Bank of America?" You'll be like "NAH, BOFA DEEZ NUTS"

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

MindlessHavok posted:

They redid almost all of St Pete around Central and 4th down to the bay. It's actually pretty nice and fun to hang out there now. Id stay away from everything else besides the beaches.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Considering that they cost of some bowl naming rights is apparently "zero" I'd kick in my ten bucks for the TFF Bowl. I think we could make this happen.

The TFF St. Petersburg Bowl at Tropicana Field, Sponsored by FUCKDUKE

bad boys for life posted:

They redid almost all of St Pete around Central and 4th down to the bay. It's actually pretty nice and fun to hang out there now. Id stay away from everything else besides the beaches.

Tropicana Field is loving garbo.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

$2 bills

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Crotch Bat posted:

Hoarded Libertarian gold. Has real value but is useless in the present.

(U Texas)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

One of those fake 20$ that people purposefully leave on the ground so people pick them up only to find instructions on how to find Jesus Christ as your Lord. Hell, I bet Richt has even dropped a couple of those.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

That Works posted:

Hoarded Libertarian gold. Has real value but is useless in the present.

(U Texas)

I guess A&M would be Confederate currency - full of tradition about days gone by, but in the present haven't really amounted to anything.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Crotch Bat posted:

Buffalo nickel. Looks cool, was good a log time ago, but ultimately proved to not be that great and easy to wear down.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Speaking of Bowls

4 cities have applied to host a bowl. Austin, Little Rock, Orlando, and Tucson.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Codeine bottles

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Pakled posted:

Speaking of Bowls

4 cities have applied to host a bowl. Austin, Little Rock, Orlando, and Tucson.

Doesn't Orlando already have 2 bowls? Capitol One & Russell Athletic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Doesn't Orlando already have 2 bowls? Capitol One & Russell Athletic?

Yep, I think a few other cities have 2 as well though.

• Locked thread