Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
Issue 8 does have a map: Council Map - Venice. In fact I had to pull it out of my Delivered items because the game suddenly decided that I hadn't purchased the DLC for the scenarios, even though I just finished one of them a few minutes earlier. Once I opened the map from my inventory, I was able to select a scenario with no problems.

I happen to like the scenarios for Issue 8 for what they are: fast-paced, xp-laden combat missions with powerups all over the map, however the difficulty is ridiculous. In a team, it's not too bad, but "Solo - Novice" can, at times, be downright impossible, even allowing for one group of survivors to get wiped out in order to save the other two groups.

I think if Issue 8 had another section, like a hidden neighborhood of Venice, complete with contacts that had Major missions, as well as some Side missions, that could earn you the Aureus tokens and augments, it would feel more complete. Plus, it'd give players a different way to earn the stuff the vendors sell in the Sunken Library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well yeah but that would have taken development time and the plan for scenarios was "more than one type", but even that was too much for the remainders of the dev team to complete as filler content while they were finishing Tokyo Part 1.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And that's why they let you skip it more or less entirely now.

e: I'm seeing that apparently I was supposed to get a purple weapon for finishing the main storyline... don't remember that happening. Is that a recent change?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 25, 2015

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Defiance Industries posted:

e: I'm seeing that apparently I was supposed to get a purple weapon for finishing the main storyline... don't remember that happening. Is that a recent change?

Yeah, that's part of the "Enhanced Player Experience" - if you beat the main storyline through Transylvania long ago, you were given 30 extra Black Bullion instead.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Golden week

We invite you to join us for a whole Golden Week of great bonuses, brand new outfits and items with tons of bling and the Gilded Rage event! The event has just started today and will last until the 1st of April. You can enjoy the following all week long:

– Double Ability Points
Every time you earn an Ability Point during the event you also get an additional one as a bonus. This effect stacks with the Timed Ability Point boosts from the Item Store.

– Event Bags Full of New Items
You can enjoy all new bags filled to the brim with great new outfits, emotes, pets or items. These work like previous event bags, where the High Roller's Valise gives you an item while the Golden Bag of Lady Luck gives you and up to 20 players around you something from the bag. Use the bag around at least 10 people and you will be rewarded with an all new dance! Get the bags in the Item Shop now!

– Gilded Rage Event
Hunt down the golden rampaging Guardian of Gaia. This monstrous Golem will roam the land and no place is safe from his wrath. Take down this Guardian to earn special rewards, which allow you to get your hands on the all new event bags!

– Great Deal on Funcom Points
During the Golden Week you get 30% extra Bonus Points every time you purchase Funcom Points! Bonus Points are valid for 6 months towards any in-game purchase.

– Bonus Points for Recruiting
For every new player you recruit this week you get $20 worth of Bonus Points (2400) in addition to the Veteran Points you normally get. (To get this bonus you must send your invite between now and the end of the Golden Week and the recruit must purchase The Secret World within 30 days.) Everyone has gotten 10 extra invite keys as bonus. Remember that we now have a special Enhanced Player Experience Pack offer, which makes this the perfect time for a new player to try The Secret World!

– 90% Off on Golden Outfits
During the Golden Week you can buy the Extra Heavy Metal and the Style and Gilt outfits at 90% off!

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
Figures this would happen on my Reserves weekend, lol. My luck with that is uncanny.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

xutech posted:

Golden week

We invite you to join us for a whole Golden Week of great bonuses, brand new outfits and items with tons of bling and the Gilded Rage event! The event has just started today and will last until the 1st of April. You can enjoy the following all week long:

– Double Ability Points
Every time you earn an Ability Point during the event you also get an additional one as a bonus. This effect stacks with the Timed Ability Point boosts from the Item Store.

This sucks, because I keep approaching the AP cap without being able to spend them, because augments are too damned expensive. :argh:

(At least, that's the situation I was in a few months ago, when I was last playing regularly.)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You know, Orochi seemed vaguely competent on Solomon Island. I mean sure, they had a little containment breach outside their Blue Mountain outpost, but it was still active.

Meanwhile in Egypt and Transylvania, those that aren't dead or worse are just accepting the help of any magic bee person, no matter what they happen to be wearing.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've taken my sun cult burqa off since I got it. If there's anything that'd set people off in Egypt, I figure that would have been it.

Maybe I just give friendlies a pleasant buzz.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bieeardo posted:

I don't think I've taken my sun cult burqa off since I got it. If there's anything that'd set people off in Egypt, I figure that would have been it.

Maybe I just give friendlies a pleasant buzz.

I used to wear this great casual button-down shirt I got from Egypt until I realized that the design on the front of it was the Aten symbol. :downs:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I would search through my vast wardrobe looking for the gaudiest clothes possible. But then the horse mask came out and the orochi armor came out. And I usually am an orochi horse anymore.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Since I wasted way too much time on scenarios I have full Venice clothes. Which seems pretty rare the few times I log on, but I guess people just got over it?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The more advanced builds they added after the last time I quit playing have actual gearing advice, which is nice. I added one heal talisman and it made an enormous goddamn difference to my ability to not die.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

GEMorris posted:

Since I wasted way too much time on scenarios...

I'm so so sorry. Please tell me you got some help?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

TracerM17 posted:

I'm so so sorry. Please tell me you got some help?

Yeah, I got a much better job and stopped wasting my life on terrible mmos

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

I just got back into TSW for Issues 10-11and have a question. Running around Tokyo other players have AEGIS shield coloration over their health bars and I do not. How do I get that? Is it just a cumulative thing you get by upgrading Shielding under Skills?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kumo posted:

I just got back into TSW for Issues 10-11and have a question. Running around Tokyo other players have AEGIS shield coloration over their health bars and I do not. How do I get that? Is it just a cumulative thing you get by upgrading Shielding under Skills?

At the beginning of issue 11, there's a quest that will lead to you getting AEGIS shields. (They are not as good as the shields that enemies get.) Have you done that quest yet?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

prefect posted:

At the beginning of issue 11, there's a quest that will lead to you getting AEGIS shields. (They are not as good as the shields that enemies get.) Have you done that quest yet?

Issue 11 is out? I thought it wasn't live until April? Anyway, no I probably haven't. Do you remember the name of the mission or who gives it?

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
It's issue 10, and the mission is from Jake Hama. It's really annoying because it makes you run across the entire issue 10 map area.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Zephonith posted:

It's issue 10, and the mission is from Jake Hama. It's really annoying because it makes you run across the entire issue 10 map area.

Is it the one where you fight a giant ape on top of some giant tanks near the water?

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Kumo posted:

Is it the one where you fight a giant ape on top of some giant tanks near the water?
Yes. It gives you three green head talisman-shaped things that you can equip.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

the golden whatever event got to me relogin & experience the revamped balance changes.
overall i like it. any tips for killing off beaumont in the blue mountain mine for a 1st time player?
i know i have to kill off his clones & tank damage, i just can't kill the clones fast enough, use a blade/elemental build with all green QL6 gear & weapons.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 1, 2015

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
I played this when it first came out, and it was bad. And the graphics sucked. Seems like some people are still playing this. Has it got any better?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
If you didn't like the gameplay or graphics the first time around, they're probably not going to wow you this time.

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
You're probably right... I do like the theme of the game. Just not enough wow factor for me.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Zephonith posted:

Yes. It gives you three green head talisman-shaped things that you can equip.

Thanks. Got it last night after beating that boss.

As much as I loving hated grinding Aureus for Venice, I don't seem to mind grinding for research data in Tokyo. Maybe because you can actually see results, even if it does smack of the artificial time-extension thing that MMOs do to keep you playing.

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

the golden whatever event got to me relogin & experience the revamped balance changes.
overall i like it. any tips for killing off beaumont in the blue mountain mine for a 1st time player?
i know i have to kill off his clones & tank damage, i just can't kill the clones fast enough, use a blade/elemental build with all green QL6 gear & weapons.

Well Blade has some pretty good survivability built into the tree, I think Elemental is more DPS-based. I don't know, it's been a while since I used it. I'd look over your abilities and try to figure out a good damage/defense mix because boss fights in TSW can sometimes be more about surviving the fight than melting face outright.

Stock up on consumables prior to the fight, and if you're using only Greens, there are a few instances on Solomon island that you can run that drop blues. Also, no reason to not use a blue weapon, which can be picked up for some sequins in the Savage Coast map, located parking lot of the building just south of the entrance to the blue mountain map. There's a Counsel of Venice dude chillin' near a tree, he sells them.

Kumo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 1, 2015

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kumo posted:

Stock up on consumables prior to the fight, and if you're using only Greens, there are a few instances on Solomon island that you can run that drop blues. Also, no reason to not use a blue weapon, which can be picked up for some sequins in the Savage Coast map, located parking lot of the building just south of the entrance to the blue mountain map. There's a Counsel of Venice dude chillin' near a tree, he sells them.

It's better to buy from the Council dude in Blue Mountain if you're gonna, he has higher-QL merchandise. He's in the gift shop of the Wabanaki trailer park.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Dareon posted:

It's better to buy from the Council dude in Blue Mountain if you're gonna, he has higher-QL merchandise. He's in the gift shop of the Wabanaki trailer park.

This was the biggest tip for me starting out. The Blue Mountain vendor uses the same Sequins as the earlier areas but sells better gear - just enter the map, run past the bridge full of zombies and keep running along the road till you hit the trailer park. You shouldn't need to fight anything.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I loved that bridge. First time I laid eyes on it I thought, "Okay. I've already seen more zombies than I ever care to again. There's no way you expect me to believe those fuckers lying on the bridge aren't going to get up just as I'm wandering across."

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Bieeardo posted:

I loved that bridge. First time I laid eyes on it I thought, "Okay. I've already seen more zombies than I ever care to again. There's no way you expect me to believe those fuckers lying on the bridge aren't going to get up just as I'm wandering across."

This. Saw it coming a mile away and didn't care, loved it anyway. These little bits of atmosphere and trope were what I actually enjoyed about the game. I just wish they could have stuck to that without making all of the quest zones so damned theme-parkey.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Tried this again today and I'm still getting murdered pretty badly but I splashed into some other AP areas and feel at least slightly less horrible now. I still think they could have dropped enemy HP down to like a 4th of what it is now but eh.

What the hell do the dots next to enemy names mean? The enemy name text color is the "red = run the gently caress away" white = you're good" indicator, right?

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Tried this again today and I'm still getting murdered pretty badly but I splashed into some other AP areas and feel at least slightly less horrible now. I still think they could have dropped enemy HP down to like a 4th of what it is now but eh.

What the hell do the dots next to enemy names mean? The enemy name text color is the "red = run the gently caress away" white = you're good" indicator, right?

Once you start getting some ok weapons and abilities enemies will start dying a lot faster unless you're in some kind of dedicated tank or healer setup. Don't solo in a dedicated tank or healer setup.

One dot- lone mob
3 dots- Group mob, always pulls with a group.
Skull- Elite mob. More skulls = beefier elite
Crown- Boss Mob
You can also find crowned skull, which is generally stronger then either and is generally extremely difficult to solo for most builds without a big advantage.

Flag- Mission Target
Star- Rare mob, drops good loot

The color of the symbols dictates the difficulty. Green - Blue - White - Yellow - Orange - Red. Mob name color dictates aggro type- White means only aggros when attacked, green means a short aggro range/leash, red means a large aggressive aggro range/leash.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Alright thanks, that helps. That's kind of a lot of info slammed into one thing, wow.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

My effusion score is 101. I don't know if that's good or bad.

According to Zepho, 10.4/10.4 is 100, so :hfive:

Or are we at :smith::hf::smith: now? I'm still totally up for dungeon whenever dungeon comes out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Or are we at :smith::hf::smith: now? I'm still totally up for dungeon whenever dungeon comes out.

I'd be down for a dungeon. I'm waiting until Tokyo is launched for real and then I plan to blitz through all the missions in a weekend.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

Full 10.5/10.5 is 104, my builds are all in the 102-103 range.

Of course it doesn't take signets into account so a 10.4/10.5 subway tokens is going to rank lower than a 10.5/10.5 with no signet at all, which is of course bs.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

GEMorris posted:

Full 10.5/10.5 is 104, my builds are all in the 102-103 range.

Of course it doesn't take signets into account so a 10.4/10.5 subway tokens is going to rank lower than a 10.5/10.5 with no signet at all, which is of course bs.

Welcome to why gearscore is dumb.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Most of the bugs I run into are pretty annoying. But I'll always be amused whenever I quit the game and fifteen minutes later I get a popup telling me something went wrong and the game needs to close.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

The taking of Tyler Freeborn was pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

xutech posted:

The taking of Tyler Freeborn was pretty awesome.

All of the Issues plot wrap ups are great (not sure about Tokyo though)

• Locked thread