Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Beerdeer posted:

Playing my first game in 5 years against Guard this week. I seem to have a babytown frolics list of figures available to me. Tell me how to use this, with accompanying making GBS threads upon:

Flat out all the armor(minus the predator) at your opponent to close the distance as quickly as possible while teleporting terminators/chaplain into his rear. Use the Devastators to try to pick off his most threatening items, like Leman Ruses or any other AP 3/2 nonsense. Depending on what he has while you advance you could flank the Vindicator with your Rhinos, which means he has to fire at the front armor, or pop the rhinos before he can hit you in that weak side 11. The cannon on that thing scares the poo poo out of people, so this should at least buy you time to get the Dreadnaught closer. I'd suggest combat squading the Devastators so they can capture any rear objectives, while your scouts are more forward deployed to get those mid ground ones. Basically, chuck everything you can at him quickly, and use whats left to pick up points incase your guys get slaughtered you still might win the points game depending on what mission type you're playing.

Also, Drake_263 want to paint my Stormtalon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

I don't trust anything coming out of Clickbait Central.

If they are nerfing the serpent, then there's not much you can do about it; if they rebalance it, then they'll still be useful. If they make them hot garbage then everyone will be dumping them on ebay and you'll just be adding to the pile of "please take this off my hands." I'd just paint them up now and magnetize the weapons, or if you're on the fence, sell'em while people still want them and will pay a fair price.

PantsOptional posted:

As I'm also in the process of putting together an Inquisitor in power armor right now, what would you suggest to use instead of the backpack?

A trophy rack lined with plague marine helmets.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yeah, I'm probably going with a cloak, but I was wondering if there was any particular cloak that worked better than others. It's a shame that the Tempestor coat wouldn't fit well on power armor, or I'd be all about that. As it stands maybe the WHFB empire Panther cloak will fit?

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Slimnoid posted:

A trophy rack lined with plague marine helmets.

or psyker heads. Something like this:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eh, power armor is power armor

How would it work without the power pack?

I do have some anvil industries cloaks on the way though

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 1, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
update placeholder head edition:

purity seals really tie the room together

small head really makes it look like human:power armor::space marine:centurion

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
also that torso (from khorne berzerkers) would look great for an ordo chronos inquisitor

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Which is better for immortals: tesla or gauss?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Technowolf posted:

Which is better for immortals: tesla or gauss?

Gauss. Always Gauss.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Here is the apparently, current list of redirects on the GW site... h's excluded to prevent url linking

quote:

ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Codex-Craftworlds-ENG
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Avatar
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Autarch
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Shining-Spears
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Windriders

ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Datacards-Craftworlds-ENG
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Codex-Craftworlds-eBook
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Biel-Tan-Paint-Web-Bundle
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ulthwe-Paint-Web-Bundle
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Iyanden-Paint-Web-Bundle
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Saim-Hann-Paint-Web-Bundle
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Alaitoc-Paint-Web-Bundle
ttp://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Windrider-Host-Web-Bundle

A potential Avatar and Shining Spear update has me excited to no end. I very nearly bought the FW Avatar... now I may have options that aren't resin!

Boon fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 2, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Dizzy posted:

Gauss. Always Gauss.

Tesla did lose some power since they don't proc on snap shots, but a unit of 10 still puts out some hurt at longer range. Though gauss is usually the better choice.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you're shooting guardsmen, swarms, bugs and anything with a low armour save - Tesla.
Everything else, Gauss. Oh and for comedy, put particle beamers on Tomb Blades with Nebuloscopes. S6 blasts that ignore cover.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Also, playing in a decurion makes gauss hilarious. Especially with Anrakyr. Murder the opponent with 20 S5 AP4 shots and then assault his rear end.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
With reanimation on a 4+, rerolling 1s? Yeah, gently caress Decurion.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's just the better way to be; to be the best zombie-bot you can be.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I picked up the White Dwarf with the Mechanicus rules in it and what fluff there is in here is pretty awesome and horrible. The Skitarii are mostly either vat-grown or Sardaukar-style prisoners. All of them have their feet and eyelids removed and replaced as a matter of course, and then they're put into "pressure suits" that recycle their waste for years at a time.

There are some okay hobby tips, too--it's really not such a terrible little magazine. I will probably try to get next week's as well.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Got White Dwarf 62 sitting in front of me, with the Skitarii Ruststalkers/Infiltrators. Both variants have the same Dunestrider rule that the chickenwalkers have, the +3" move/run/charge, as well as 2W, 4+/6++/FNP. Kinda makes up for their wimpy T3.

They're a bit pricey, but I can definitely see them getting some use.

Imgur album with pics of the WD datasheets and wargear I just snapped.
http://imgur.com/mNnie4a,jNFYdYj,20ITaLc#2

Texmo fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 2, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hahaha 30 points per model?

Nooooope. At T3 they're gonna get devoured by vokites.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Boon posted:

Here is the apparently, current list of redirects on the GW site... h's excluded to prevent url linking

A potential Avatar and Shining Spear update has me excited to no end. I very nearly bought the FW Avatar... now I may have options that aren't resin!

The Avatar and Autarch are still available on the store, for what it's worth.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
But not the autarch on jet bike upgrade kit. It might be that Sam Haine is getting a model push with this release.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
9" move and a 2d6+3 charge means there's potential for some sweet charges on turn 1.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
This is such a weird release, too many kits to be an Inquisition style codex, not enough to be a full codex. There are a lot of good bits to use, tons of haywire, decent assault, nice shooting, but it's so incomplete.

I have to assume that there will be a lot of existing kits that can be used to round out the list. I'd think Valks, Chimeras/Tauroxes, Knights all make sense. With those three or four additional units you could make a pretty nice, competitive infantry list.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TKIY posted:

This is such a weird release, too many kits to be an Inquisition style codex, not enough to be a full codex. There are a lot of good bits to use, tons of haywire, decent assault, nice shooting, but it's so incomplete.

I have to assume that there will be a lot of existing kits that can be used to round out the list. I'd think Valks, Chimeras/Tauroxes, Knights all make sense. With those three or four additional units you could make a pretty nice, competitive infantry list.

Could be a Scions style release where they release a self-contained supplement before the full codex is announced.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
So somebody tell me about Codex: Space Juggalos. I have a vague themed army I've been building for fun and I need to know if it's worth playing a game of 40k for once or should I just keep it as a display army project.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They're fun to play in 1000 point games with clear restrictions placed on unit selection for your opponent, but a straight up Space Juggalo w/ just sit there and do nothing if your opponent brings something really really comptetive which is the case for any game.

Scenarios are specifically good.

They're really fun to play especially the Solitaire.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Cataphract posted:

9" move and a 2d6+3 charge means there's potential for some sweet charges on turn 1.

9" move, 2d6+3" with Infiltrate on the powersword-or-teslastick guys. More or less guarenteed to get the charge.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Texmo posted:

9" move, 2d6+3" with Infiltrate on the powersword-or-teslastick guys. More or less guarenteed to get the charge.

except you cant charge if you infiltrate. So you are still waiting till turn 2 min.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They won't be able to charge due to being infiltrators as you can't set them up normally, it's weird.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Not entirely related, but I ended up having my mission book and rule book for Space Hulk soaked and destroyed basically, and I emailed Games Workshop customer service. They are shipping me out replacement books at no cost. Pretty cool gesture on their part.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Boon posted:

Getting pretty excited for this release. This just leaves Warlocks, Swooping Hawks and Warp Spiders in a real need for updates.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Is Calgar considered a Lord of War? or is he still not officially one until Marines get a 7th Ed codex?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Uroboros posted:

Is Calgar considered a Lord of War? or is he still not officially one until Marines get a 7th Ed codex?

Pedro and Calgar are normal marines until 8e

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Could be a Scions style release where they release a self-contained supplement before the full codex is announced.

Sure but Scions only got two kits, this one is at least four.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I want to do this to that spider tank, that super tall KV-2 turret is dumb.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

Hahaha 30 points per model?

Nooooope. At T3 they're gonna get devoured by vokites.

there are no volkites in 40k, and i've never actually played the 40k side in a 30k versus 40k game. I don't think it's very prevalent.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
There is far too many S6-7 shooting for them to not just keel over, TFC, plasma, half of the eldar weapons, tau missiles, autocannons, brainleech worms, the list goes on. neither the FnP or second wound will help when you fail that 4+. Just too expensive for a T3 multi wound model.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
One of the DI thingys will probably be +1 T -1S, so that would help.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ijyt posted:

I want to do this to that spider tank, that super tall KV-2 turret is dumb loving sweet.

There you go.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Hencoe posted:

There is far too many S6-7 shooting for them to not just keel over, TFC, plasma, half of the eldar weapons, tau missiles, autocannons, brainleech worms, the list goes on. neither the FnP or second wound will help when you fail that 4+. Just too expensive for a T3 multi wound model.

What 4+? Its not an invulnerable save, and there ain't much at str 6 that lets you take a 4+. Multilasers maybe? These multiwound models get a 6+ invulnerable save from their armor and thats it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Longshot007 posted:

What 4+? Its not an invulnerable save, and there ain't much at str 6 that lets you take a 4+. Multilasers maybe? These multiwound models get a 6+ invulnerable save from their armor and thats it.

Thunder fire cannon, scatter laser, Shurikan? Cannon (I'm pretty sure it's 6ap5) serpent shield, multi laser, brainleech worms probably one or two more I'm missing, then when you hit CC, stuff like wraiths will wreck them or really many decent CC units. I was using best case example of either you get your armor or ruin save, the point still stands that T3 is just really fragile for a 30 point model.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 2, 2015

• Locked thread