Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I hope the bullet point about the balance patch includes changes to the defensive game, even if its just increasing blockstun, boosting shield decay or lowering shield recovery. Anything to free this almost-perfect game from this purgatory of turtles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
I think making shield regen take longer would be the single easiest fix.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Before when I tried to vote a second time I got a weird error page that seemed to imply I wasn't allowed, but I just tried again and it worked. So now my votes are Impa, Dixie Kong, and Black Mage. I think I make good votes. You people with your fake joke votes are just going to get deleted, while Sakurai looks upon my artful pitches and smiles.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

SL the Pyro posted:

Oh god, I just got the worst idea on who to vote for.

Do I dare?

Yes. With a link to that image in the explanation field.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't trust a single one of you chuckle fucks with the power to add a character to this sacred game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I don't trust a single one of you chuckle fucks with the power to add a character to this sacred game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gently caress you if you aren't taking your vote under serious examination and scrutiny before you blindly vote for some lame poo poo like ridley........

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

mabels big day posted:

gently caress you if you aren't taking your vote under serious examination and scrutiny before you blindly vote for some lame poo poo like ridley........

I requested Pico from F-Zero.

Pico's pretty neat.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I put a vote in for everyone cool I could think of.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Tails? We can do that right?

Not the stupid robot one from SA2, good 'ol classic Miles from the Genesis days

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Parrotine posted:

Tails? We can do that right?

Not the stupid robot one from SA2, good 'ol classic Miles from the Genesis days

Non-Nintendo characters are much less likely than ones they own, but as long as your choice is iconic and SSB material then I believe in you.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gilgamesh as a Final Fantasy representative, of course.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wait do we get more than one vote?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mabels big day posted:

Wait do we get more than one vote?

The site requests that you only vote once, but does not enforce it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Groose was, no matter how I looked at it, the correct choice.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

mabels big day posted:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

jivjov posted:

The site requests that you only vote once, but does not enforce it.

I will vote once then. It will be hard, between K. Rool, Layton, Rhythm Heaven guy, and several others.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Blackheart posted:

Gilgamesh as a Final Fantasy representative, of course.

I think Black Mage is a better rep. The Black Mage has a cute iconic look that meshes well with other SSB fighters, and it has been in more (and earlier) FF games. You see those blue robes and pointy straw hat and you're like "hell yeah that's my dude, that's my magic final fantasy dude".

Regardless, FF is a clear choice for the next SSB third party guest series.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I will vote for the car from Final Fantasy 15

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I simply could not choose between Snake or the Ice Climbers, so I decided "gently caress it" and actually went with Tharja.

The full explanation field:

quote:

This was originally a joke entry because of the old "Tharja's trophy was removed for being too risque" fiasco, but the more I thought about it, the more Tharja seems to be a good choice. People have always wanted a female and/or dedicated magic user from Fire Emblem, she's popular, she's no more "risque" than Zero Suit Samus or Palutena, another dark-themed character would be neat, and having another pure-ranged fighter like Mega Man would be interesting. I think it would be a pleasant surprise!

Didn't include the link to the trophy pics, but I at least referenced it.

Don't ask my why I put :effort: into this submission, I'm not entirely sure myself.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tharja's a tertiary character you can accidentally kill and never know you missed her.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SL the Pyro posted:

I simply could not choose between Snake or the Ice Climbers, so I decided "gently caress it" and actually went with Tharja.

Don't ask my why I put :effort: into this submission, I'm not entirely sure myself.

Cool

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOuXKCvhTvw

did anyone post this yet

because its pretty good

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kelp Plankton posted:

did anyone post this yet

because its pretty good

Yeah someone did, it was funny imho

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I would reinstall project m for that mode and play nothing else.

Didn't know the site didn't stop you from submitting more requests, so I went ahead and seriously suggested Dixie and Wonder Red.

I still stand by Matthew though :unsmigghh:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

a really verbose way of saying you did it for the booty

also I'm really glad they kept Mewtwo's disco moves, it sucks that he'll probably be slow though

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 2, 2015

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

did anyone post this yet

because its pretty good

I bet it's real like every other April Fools video.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

I would reinstall project m for that mode and play nothing else.

Didn't know the site didn't stop you from submitting more requests, so I went ahead and seriously suggested Dixie and Wonder Red.

I still stand by Matthew though :unsmigghh:

vote matthew from fire emblem as well

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

F. Lobot posted:

I bet it's real like every other April Fools video.

yeah they had to mod those skins into the game to make the video. most are existing models from pokemon stadium, ocarina of time, sonic jam, and metal gear solid 1. ice climbers and olimar were new but looked good enough. even if they dont release it this stuff all exists in usable form somewhere

n64 alt skins is something i always see people asking for anyway

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

did anyone post this yet

because its pretty good

Yes, and according to the dude who leaked Lyn, Knuckles et al, it's a real mode that they've been working on. I really like the MGS1 Snake.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm really not that into this ballot request thing if only because it reminds me too much of when the Sumo Digital guys said they'd look at one the community put together after Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed came out and nothing ever came from that, like literally nothing.

They made Ryo DLC, and I wanna say he ranked high in the poll.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I voted Andy from Advance Wars because it's a reasonable and worthwhile suggestion.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Macaluso posted:

You can do multiple submissions, so just do them all. It says limit your vote to one per person but it's not like the site makes you log in or anything and locks you out after you cast one vote
You ever had faith in a company that made a racing game franchise addition and licensed Sugar Rush and didn't put in the main character Vanellope?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

F. Lobot posted:

I voted Andy from Advance Wars because it's a reasonable and worthwhile suggestion.

I voted for Shovel Knight. He's got lots of items they can use for his move set, and they can make him 2D like Mr. Game & Watch to save on development costs.

Not to mention that game is basically a swan song for the NES.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dodgeball posted:

Not to mention that game is basically a swan song for the NES.

I think its a little late for the NES to have a swan song.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A vote for Ridley is a wasted vote.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Wolf just sent me a text message and asked me to vote for him, so I did. He's on his way, and needs a place to crash

i got that text too, and i voted for him as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

mabels big day posted:

A vote for Ridley is a wasted vote.
:agreed:

I hope Sakurai keeps trolling Ridley fans.

• Locked thread