Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaRandomGuy
Aug 27, 2013
Just picked up this game since theres no monthly sub now. Which crafting profession will make me the most money? Need more money for inventory slots lol, plus i want to pave the way for my other toons later on.

Also requesting an invite to EP and CircleJerks @DaRandomGuy. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

So my Redguard Sorc was apparently given a respec since I last played. He's VR1 and used to switch between Sword/Board and throwing daggers everywhere using critical surge. Shield bash spam was OP as gently caress, then, too.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what's good to build these days as I'm imagining a lot has changed. :shobon:

Edit, also need an invite to the DG/EB Goon guilds @Creatine_Monohydrate - thanks!

RUM HAM fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 1, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Monohydrate posted:

throwing daggers
???

If anyone is wondering, there is a speed cap, and I hit it. Orc, Medium Armor, Steed Mundus. Full Divine Armor, Boundless Storm, Retreating Maneuver.

I don't get any gain from stacking Boundless Storm and Retreating maneuver. So either I am at speed cap, or the buffs don't stack.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Dual wield used to have a great dagger throw ability for critting on dudes in Cyrodil with. The spinning AOE was good for PvE with Adrenaline Rush and Critical Surge, too, you'd just tornado poo poo down ad nauseum.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Monohydrate posted:

So my Redguard Sorc was apparently given a respec since I last played. He's VR1 and used to switch between Sword/Board and throwing daggers everywhere using critical surge. Shield bash spam was OP as gently caress, then, too.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what's good to build these days as I'm imagining a lot has changed. :shobon:

Edit, also need an invite to the DG/EB Goon guilds @Creatine_Monohydrate - thanks!

I find that this guy's:

http://deltiasgaming.com/

vidoes are informative and helpful (its like the first google result).

His builds are also good but not spergy optimised.

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
Should I be investing in more than one crafting? Like enchanting or alchemy on top of my blacksmithing?

Everyone says you get tons of skill points in this game but I am wondering if I would be spreading them too thinly by investing in more than one crafting profession.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Its hard to say really, some builds need more skills than others, like if you are getting deep into guild skills, or werewolf or something.
You should be able to comfortably do 2-3 craft skills, and you can always respec out of one later.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
A friend wants to get this for me so I can galumph around Tamriel with him. What is the best online resource for the game? There are multiple wikis, both for the Elder Scrolls in general and for ESO specifically, but their ESO information seems woefully incomplete and/or outdated.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

Its hard to say really, some builds need more skills than others, like if you are getting deep into guild skills, or werewolf or something.
You should be able to comfortably do 2-3 craft skills, and you can always respec out of one later.

You don't need to max out a whole profession either. The bare minimum I'd recommend for a craft skill is like, the quality upgrades and research passives. The highlight mats passives are less useful in VR levels if you deconstruct because you'll be sitting on a bunch. I think I've got like 400 clothier mats for the Vr4-6 rank.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
The research is the big one. You'll probably find yourself paying a comparable amount in a guild store for that last rare trait you want to research (not counting nirnhoned which is just ludicrously rare/expensive) as you would to go to a respec shrine and move all your skill points into a different crafting skill line.

Also I've got 3 crafting characters all specced into clothing/blacksmithing/woodworking but covering different parts research-wise (i.e. medium armour for one, light for another, then heavy armour for one, weapons for another)

vug fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 1, 2015

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
The respec costs seem unnecessarily punitive in a game that seeks to promote freedom of choice as much this.

I do wonder, how far does the 'play as you want' vibe translate into reality? I look at the skills and things like magicka regen seem pretty important for healers so...surely you have to wear light armour? Same deal with resto staffs, the healing skills seem to be in there so...yeah, resto staff away?

I'm cripplingly unimaginative by the way.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You can play as you want, but of course that doesn't translate to optimal playstyle. You can work around those to a degree, like putting emphasis on magicka with attributes and sets like Warlock or Adroitness. I haven't seen any magicka-regen medium or heavy yet personally.

You can still probably ditch that mentality if you want to do Craglorn and some group dungeons seriously, but for casual PvE pretty much anything flies.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

When people say you can build whatever you want, they don't mean grab a random assortment of skills and gear and hope for the best. They mean pick a few synergies and stuff that works together and build off it.

I'll use sorc as an example.
You can be a straight DPS mage, going light armor and heavy into destruction staff, light armor, and storm calling.
You can be a summoning healer by speccing into daedric summoning and healing staff.
You can be an unkillable tank by using all the sorc line self buffs and medium or heavy armor.
You can do melee DPS by taking the sorc self buffs.
You can even decide you aren't going to use any sorc skills at all, and build your character complete off guild abilities.

You can do all of these things, but you still need a general focus. For example on the DPS sorc. It would be stupid to just slot up 5 straight magicka dump DPS skills. You are probably going to want to also get some form of CC, an expose, maybe an AOE, some evasion for when things get hot, etc. Likewsie if you are doing magicka based DPS, medium armor is not really going to make much sense.

Basically you can just decide how you want your character to play, and then just build it that way.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Hey y'all. Just getting back into this now that it's B2P, and it looks like I was in the old Goon overflow guild for Daggerfall, Jute Suit Riot. Any chance I could get an invite into the proper Daggerfall Goon guild? Name is @bobtheconqueror

RayBradberry
Nov 4, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sorvah posted:

The respec costs seem unnecessarily punitive in a game that seeks to promote freedom of choice as much this.

I do wonder, how far does the 'play as you want' vibe translate into reality? I look at the skills and things like magicka regen seem pretty important for healers so...surely you have to wear light armour? Same deal with resto staffs, the healing skills seem to be in there so...yeah, resto staff away?

I just respecced at 25 and it cost 4k gold. not that big of a deal

DaRandomGuy
Aug 27, 2013
4k gold is like all of my gold... lol

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sorvah posted:

You have to wear light armor but not all of it. My current leveling build is five light armor with heavy armor chest and helmet with a sword and shield one hand and a restro staff in the other. You have to have synergy, you can't just go all magicka attributes and then not use them, that will obviously not be good. You can go light armor+medium armor mix, wield a big hammer, and use utility spells that aren't part of your stamina DPS though.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
Hey can @Redmound get an invite to the EP guild. Trying to get back into this game now that it no longer has a sub.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Can @zzedward get an invite to EP?

Bought the game yesterday, and it has been surprisingly satisfying for scratching the skyrim itch. Just wish they had a two handed warhammer.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I know that they said they were trying to level the playing field in the VR campaign, but I just went in at VR1 and took two 15k+ lethal arrows against me in full green VR1 heavy armor in the first second and half of my first fight. So . . . enjoy PVP up to VR, then either re-roll or grind your way to VR14 in PVE before you go back to PVP.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DARPA posted:

Can @zzedward get an invite to EP?

Bought the game yesterday, and it has been surprisingly satisfying for scratching the skyrim itch. Just wish they had a two handed warhammer.

You can get a warhammer if you craft in the Nord or Dwemer style.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

I know that they said they were trying to level the playing field in the VR campaign, but I just went in at VR1 and took two 15k+ lethal arrows against me in full green VR1 heavy armor in the first second and half of my first fight. So . . . enjoy PVP up to VR, then either re-roll or grind your way to VR14 in PVE before you go back to PVP.
Unless they changed how the bolster works its totally asinine. If you are under level 50, it boosts you to r12 stats. If you are above 50, it does nothing. So a level 49 character is stronger than a level 50 character.

The under 50 pvp campaign is pretty sweet though.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Until VR is removed the non-VR campaign is probably the best pvp in the game. Fortunately this means you don't need to grind to max level to really enjoy yourself, I guess.

Like get a main that will go VR but for the pve but if you want to just run around blowing people up with ballistae don't sweat it.

DaRandomGuy
Aug 27, 2013
Can I get an invite to the guild? @DaRandomGuy

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Is there an Ebonheart goon guild on EU server ?

Also Guar are the best thing.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
House Awful from launch, but usually I'm 100% of members online. If you want to play with goons, you're better off rolling NA - some name editing and copying the folders should make things fairly smooth for switching.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Scyantific posted:

You can get a warhammer if you craft in the Nord or Dwemer style.

Thanks. I checked out the crafting simulator (http://www.esohead.com/crafting) Looks like lots of customization options. Can't wait to do the equivalent of crafting 1000 iron daggers.

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer

Sorvah posted:

I can't speak for the high level stuff but I keep going back to my first character I made since joining up a few weeks ago. Heavy armor sorc, 2 handed abilities and just acting like a giant lightning rod that crushes enemies. :black101: Also happens to turn into a Werewolf sometimes.

I'm probably playing a terrible build but it's so fun and for leveling it feels really powerful and fast. Every cookie cutter build I've seen online seems geared towards endgame stuff, especially for PVP so that's probably why I'm not liking the other characters I've made much.

If anyone is able to send an invite to @Cruzerzero to the Ebonheart Pact guild on the US server I'd appreciate it! :)

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
An invite to @Allatum for the Daggerfall guild would be pretty sweet.

PotBaronandJelly
Jan 13, 2011
I would not be smoking my skooma alone if I could get an invite for @malribell pertaining to Ebonheart and Decon. If they are still recruiting!

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

GuyUpNorth posted:

House Awful from launch, but usually I'm 100% of members online. If you want to play with goons, you're better off rolling NA - some name editing and copying the folders should make things fairly smooth for switching.
Don't run him off, there could be three of us!

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Hey all, looking for an invite to the EP guild, as I'm making an EP dude. name's @bobtheconqueror

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
So I returned to the game to see if there's been any improvements.

i.e. if there's a loving auction house yet. Nope, still this godawful "guild store" poo poo. I see Zenimax has taken their stance and is ready to die for it. Ugh.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Can @murodese get an invite to the Ebonheart guild? Cheers!

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Addon settings transfer app - those of you who love rolling alts, myself included, should install this addon:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info788-JoviexsAddonSettingsTransferforUpdate4.html

It lets you transfer the entirety of your main characters addon settings and positions to any character on your account. This will literally save you an hour or more of fiddling with your addons if you like to change fonts, put things in custom positions, and mess with the settings.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone tell me how to get the scan prices to show up for Master Merchant? I didn't see anything in the addon settings :<

Gravity Works
Aug 7, 2006

Break everything you love.
Pls add me to the EP guild, gotta lvl up my EP character now. @GravityWorks

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Got my dwemer motif farming alt finally set up last night and picked up two dwemer motif pages for about less than ten minutes effort last night. Going to start on a second one so I can work around the loot timer.

I'm going to make either a million bucks or have a full personal bank of dozens of unsold motif pages.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So how active is Ebonheart in terms of Goon Guild? I've been eyeing this game for a bit now and given the lack of subscription am considering giving this game a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
If you're starting out in crafting and need a trait, mail me @gwafimore - I have almost every trait except for Nirnhoned (gently caress that poo poo, seriously) and I'd be happy to make something for a goon in need :)

• Locked thread