Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The JP name is "Genei Ibunroku #FE", no mention of SMT at all.

Ah, the SMT:Digital Devil Saga naming convention then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is it pronounced "hashtag feh", "hashtag fee" "hashtag eff e"?

...actually the game looks so modern and entertainment seems to be a theme of it, so "#fe" could be a legitimate name...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's pronounced "sharp eff e".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The JP name is "Genei Ibunroku #FE" (幻影異聞録♯FE), no mention of SMT at all.

Dear god. This game is the point where I will stop understanding youth. I am not able to keep up with the times.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nah, Nintendo owns 'em, they just aren't interested in bringing them back for whatever reason. They ditched the Tikis after one game, too.

I'm glad they got rid of the Kremlings to be honest, because A) The Snowmads are better and B) it forced them to utilize the jungle setting more and it causes the enemies to be more DK vs the jungle. I love that there's a stage set in a cave of bats, or a bunch of moles or the forest where the spiders chase you.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nah, Nintendo owns 'em, they just aren't interested in bringing them back for whatever reason. They ditched the Tikis after one game, too.

Honestly I like that they've given a bunch of villains trying to take over DK Island.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you collect all the stuff in Donkey Kong Country all the enemies should become Marios

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If I remember right, Retro dropped the Kremlings because they didn't want to just make another Rare Donkey Kong, they wanted to make it their own.

Of course they nailed it, and then Tropical Freeze happened wherein they nailed it even harder, so I guess it was the right move to make.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SatansBestBuddy posted:

If I remember right, Retro dropped the Kremlings because they didn't want to just make another Rare Donkey Kong, they wanted to make it their own.

Of course they nailed it, and then Tropical Freeze happened wherein they nailed it even harder, so I guess it was the right move to make.

Is the 3DS version of DKCR any good? Wasn't a fan of the Wii Waggle involved.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not the best looking game and there's some somewhat rare framerate issues but overall I enjoyed DKCR3D a lot, minus the awful boss fights.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's awesome. It doesn't look as good as it did on the Wii but on the other hand, the 3D looks fantastic so I'm okay with that.

The framerate dipped for me in like... 2 places the entire game, and it was in very specific places so I never found that to be a huge deal either

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

elf help book posted:

Rare tried to work the Goldeneye rights and supposedly the roadblock was Nintendo.

After hearing about the increased frame rates and resolution for SM64 and DK64, now I've irrationally begun to hope the reason was they were planning this all along and wanted to wait till it could run smoothly and not be disappointing to revisit.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The 3DS version fixes the waggle by not including it. DKCR3D is good.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

After hearing about the increased frame rates and resolution for SM64 and DK64, now I've irrationally begun to hope the reason was they were planning this all along and wanted to wait till it could run smoothly and not be disappointing to revisit.
Isn't that basically what they've been saying? Nintendo doesn't like half-assing emulation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chaltab posted:

Isn't that basically what they've been saying? Nintendo doesn't like half-assing emulation.

We've all been saying it every time the discussion got brought back from the dead.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I"ll admit it, I was wrong.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Chaltab posted:

Yeah, but up till now all the VC games have been pretty much unaltered, unenhanced straight up copies, frame rate problems and all. What I wouldnt do for a high-res Mario Kart 64 4-player at 60 fps with music playing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is it, they have gone full anime.

The Wii-U can be saved, it has embraced the anime.

I for one welcome our new anime overlords :japan:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yeah, but up till now all the VC games have been pretty much unaltered, unenhanced straight up copies, frame rate problems and all. What I wouldnt do for a high-res Mario Kart 64 4-player at 60 fps with music playing.

Up til now they haven't had the hardware grunt necessary to do anything fancy with emulation. I wouldn't be surprised if the framerate is a bug to be corrected though. Or at least changed to a toggle setting.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Submitted my vote to the Smash Ballot :)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

At least we will finally be able to play a good battle mode on the Wii U.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

WHY DID I HAVE TO BE AT WORK DURING THE DIRECT. ANIMES, YARN AMIIBOS, PEOPLE WANTING TO PLAY DK64, SMASH BALLOT, SMT X FE STILL ALIVE, ... OH GOD MY HEART!

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
You guys should all take up knitting. It's cute.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

beerinator posted:

You guys should all take up knitting. It's cute.

You know who's cuter?

Chie

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

You know who's cuter?

Chie

I was totally protecting my taint. Go fish.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Jarogue posted:

WHY DID I HAVE TO BE AT WORK DURING THE DIRECT. ANIMES, YARN AMIIBOS, PEOPLE WANTING TO PLAY DK64, SMASH BALLOT, SMT X FE STILL ALIVE, ... OH GOD MY HEART!

You missed the new Fire Emblem having a split storyline - with the storylines being separated as different versions with the other one being DLC.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Out of all the games shown Splatoon is the weakest of weaksauce motherfuckers out there right now. Who gives a poo poo about squids when you have rocket horses?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there an untaintreaped version of this thread

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Out of all the games shown Splatoon is the weakest of weaksauce motherfuckers out there right now. Who gives a poo poo about squids when you have rocket horses?

stop posting

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

DrPaper posted:

You missed the new Fire Emblem having a split storyline - with the storylines being separated as different versions with the other one being DLC.

I believe that was filed in the ANIMES folder.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Frankly I'm disappointed in this post, you just phoned it in with this one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

noirstronaut posted:

Is there an untaintreaped version of this thread

I wish

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

And rare might be jettisoned off from Microsoft soon anyways.

I hope this happens and Nintendo (re)buys the corpse of the company, if only to get the N64 Banjo-Kazooie games and Diddy Kong Racing on VC.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

Diddy Kong Racing on VC.

But don't you want the ver of the game that everybody loved Diddy Kong Racing DS on the VC instead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

So is the reason everyone is mad at TTR is that he doesn't like Splatoon?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone been able to log into CN in the last couple hours?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

So is the reason everyone is mad at TTR is that he doesn't like Splatoon?

It's really one of the least impressive things shown compared to the two fire emblem things and the crossover. Like it's in the running with Wooly World on which one will hit the 10 dollar bargain bin first.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Has anyone been able to log into CN in the last couple hours?

I was able to get in but when I tried to claim my reward it said, "Reward All Ready Claimed"

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

And rare might be jettisoned off from Microsoft soon anyways.

Is there any reason to believe that? Rare might be utterly useless to Microsoft, but I get the impression that they wouldn't ditch Rare just to prevent Rare's IPs from falling into the hands of one of their competitors. Better for Microsoft to have Battletoads, Conker, Banjo, and the others dead and buried with the occasional Microsoft cameo (like Spark for Conker and Shovel Knight for the Battletoads) than for there to be active revivals of those franchises on someone else's console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jarogue posted:

All Ready

Makes sense.

• Locked thread