Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't even have FE:A and I plan on getting that dual pack poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

I don't even have FE:A and I plan on getting that dual pack poo poo.

You should get it, it's real good.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

It's first on my list, but when it becomes the 10th, it becomes second.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

What's that one in the middle? A third mode or additional episode stuff?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RoboCicero posted:

A 3rd campaign that will be DLC if you buy the games separately.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Just got the new 3DS and am super excited to get my Monster Hunter on. I have been out of the loop for a while, is it still pretty important to let it fully charge before using it? Is it cool to play while charging for the first time, or will this hurt my battery life?

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

RoboCicero posted:

Yes. In Japan, the two campaigns are treated as separate games. You can buy the third campaign as DLC for 2000 yen to go with either of the two versions.
The bundle, you get the DLC included in the price, though I imagine you have to wait for it to be completed.
The bundle also includes an art book, some FE TCG cards, and on Amazon JP, a mouse pad and a sheet of stickers as well.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Fire Emblem Red and Blue

Don't you mean Fire Emblem Black and Fire Emblem White?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

Don't you mean Fire Emblem Black and Fire Emblem White?

Fire Emblem T or A version.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Smoremaster posted:

Just got the new 3DS and am super excited to get my Monster Hunter on. I have been out of the loop for a while, is it still pretty important to let it fully charge before using it? Is it cool to play while charging for the first time, or will this hurt my battery life?

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED AND READY TO SUPER GLUE OUR coffee gtvr msnb

Really, though, the batteries are fine to play whenever, wherever, and however you'd like (unless they have no charge obviously).

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Yes. In Japan, the two campaigns are treated as separate games. You can buy the third campaign as DLC for 2000 yen to go with either of the two versions.
The bundle, you get the DLC included in the price, though I imagine you have to wait for it to be completed.
The bundle also includes an art book, some FE TCG cards, and on Amazon JP, a mouse pad and a sheet of stickers as well.

Better be an oppai mousepad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Knowing Nintendo it will be a exclusive Amiibo you can only get from the bundle.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Anatharon posted:

Fire Emblem T or A version.

Im an A man myself

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I won't be able to watch the Nintendo Direct for a few days, what were the highlights of it?

muike posted:

Im an A man myself

Get out.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 2, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

muike posted:

Im an A man myself

:hfive:

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

No, you want the other FE. The dreadfully anime looking SMT collaboration. I think I'm going to give that as wide a berth as Girls Mode.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Doug Dinsdale posted:

No, you want the other FE. The dreadfully anime looking SMT collaboration. I think I'm going to give that as wide a berth as Girls Mode.

You don't understand these are realistic teenagers in the modern world with realistic problems, like their clothes falling off all the time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Girls Mode is a fun game that you can enjoy without giving a crap about any of the fashion stuff, and they do get a little less Bratz-y each time, thankfully.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Girls Mode is a fun game that you can enjoy without giving a crap about any of the fashion stuff, and they do get a little less Bratz-y each time, thankfully.

Being an NCL-branded title, I imagine it to be a relatively solid and robust small business simulator behind the sugarcoating.
But come on, a guy in his fifties playing Girls Mode is just too many shades of wrong.
When I get granddaughters, maybe, on the pretense of teaching them to read and perform simple arithmetic tricks.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

Anatharon posted:

I won't be able to watch the Nintendo Direct for a few days, what were the highlights of it?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518750&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=270#post443530631

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
DS games for the wiiu is neat but I'd love to get Paper Mario on the 3DS.

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Ah yes, famously un-anime series "Fire Emblem" and "Shin Megami Tensei"

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

I'll get the new one if it's not like FE:A (which was my first FE) where combat boiled down to "pick a bow or sword I guess and attack". I need some rad skills to change things up a bit, FFT style. I hope that localized srpg coming soon is good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ragequit posted:

I'll get the new one if it's not like FE:A (which was my first FE) where combat boiled down to "pick a bow or sword I guess and attack". I need some rad skills to change things up a bit, FFT style. I hope that localized srpg coming soon is good.
That's FE, they're almost like puzzle games more than actual SRPGs because of how much they rely on weaknesses/manipulating enemy units.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

fire emblem games are mostly about tactics than overall strategy, which is why they work imo

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

fire emblem games are mostly about tactics than overall strategy, which is why they work imo

I'd like Fire Emblem if it was more of a SRPG but I'm probably an outlier.

I wish we'd get a new advanced wars, days of ruin was awesome.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Ah yes, famously un-anime series "Fire Emblem" and "Shin Megami Tensei"

+

=

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I love math

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You forgot to carry the persona 4.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

people in the persona world have feet this will not work

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Has anyone played story of seasons yet? I want to get it but quality varies so heavily between entries in the harvest moon series that I am scared of getting burned with a piece of crap game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am so tired of seeing that drat "Something went wrong and Wario took your coins" picture on Club Nintendo. Picture stop being funny the 20th time it appeared when trying to redeem my reward.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Artic Puma posted:

Has anyone played story of seasons yet? I want to get it but quality varies so heavily between entries in the harvest moon series that I am scared of getting burned with a piece of crap game.

I planned on going to sleep like 2 hours ago, but I have been planting turnips and milking my cow instead. The tutorial is a bit long and dumb, but so far I'm enjoying it.

I haven't played too many of the recent ones though. Think last one I played was Friends of Mineral Town.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Artic Puma posted:

It's very similar to A New Beginning, from what I gather.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

anime + anime = double anime

This checks out.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Artic Puma posted:

It's basically ANB but slighty different. The tutorial is a slog and will make you want to throw your 3DS against a wall, but after it lets up, it gets considerably more enjoyable.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

I know literally nothing about Fire Emblem but doesn't it take place in a medieval-ish setting?
Why the hell is SMTxFE so modern then?

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

superstepa posted:

I know literally nothing about Fire Emblem but doesn't it take place in a medieval-ish setting?
Why the hell is SMTxFE so modern then?

The mainline SMT games take place in post-apocalypse Tokyo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

At this point it's more of an SMT spinoff with FE stuff replacing demons/personas, and nearly all of those take place in some kind of modern setting or the ruin of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Anatharon posted:

anime