Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Starfox will have to be one of their holiday games, I think. Miyamoto wanted to released it as a mid-year game but there's no way that's happening now.

I also wonder what the gently caress's going on with Devil's Third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh yeah definitely, its just funny how many people are overreacting from a 90 second trailer

My first impression is bad and what they said afterwards only reinforces it. They have plenty of time to make up for and endear me to it but that is the status of my current impression of the game and I think that's perfectly reasonable tbh

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Holy crap, that Direct...!

I think I'll starve to death this year.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rexroom posted:

Holy crap, that Direct...!

I think I'll starve to death this year.

No. Don't Starve. They expressly said not to.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So..now CN isn't giving me codes. It wants to ship a code to me? I don't know what is going on any more.

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
So, I currently have too many games in my Wii U to download my Platinum game? Can I not just have it kept in a 'cache' to download later like 3DS or do I actually have to get the games off my system first before I'm able to download it?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

My first impression is bad and what they said afterwards only reinforces it. They have plenty of time to make up for and endear me to it but that is the status of my current impression of the game and I think that's perfectly reasonable tbh

:agreed: :yeah:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Finally got in to Club Nintendo to get my Plat reward. Took loss then 3 mins, so get over there before the traffic picks up. Also I don't know what, but something got ship by Club Nintendo yesterday.

Edit: it was the messenger bag now just waiting on the Animal crossing cards and Zelda Puzzle. Also Now I can't seem to download my game keep getting a error.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 2, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

So..now CN isn't giving me codes. It wants to ship a code to me? I don't know what is going on any more.

They always have you confirm your shopping address. There's even a message "even though you're getting a game code and not a physical item, you will be asked to confirm your mailing address on the next screen."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

They always have you confirm your shopping address. There's even a message "even though you're getting a game code and not a physical item, you will be asked to confirm your mailing address on the next screen."

Both of the times when I actually got a code, it didn't ask me to confirm my address. It only did that when it was loving up.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Finally got my elite order through this morning.

It's a pain in the rear end, but hey, free mario golf

I am a bit miffed about paying $15 to get all the extra courses though

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I got in this morning first try. I should get Tropical Freeze, right? I have new leaf and I dunno about mario golf.

I also still have 600 coins to spend on something. I was thinking of Mario 3d land but open to suggestions since I already have a 3DS backlog.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Housh posted:

I got in this morning first try. I should get Tropical Freeze, right? I have new leaf and I dunno about mario golf.

I also still have 600 coins to spend on something. I was thinking of Mario 3d land but open to suggestions since I already have a 3DS backlog.

Those three are the highlights of the offers so if Tropical Freeze interests you more than Mario Golf, go bananas.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Not a Children posted:

Finally got my elite order through this morning.

It's a pain in the rear end, but hey, free mario golf

They really are very much worth it. The last pack is way more challenging than anything else in the game, and packs 1 & 2 are just good fun.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Not a Children posted:

Don't be. They are worth it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly the only thing missing from World Tour is a minigolf course.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think Xenoblade has the recognition to be the big holiday tentpole, so I think they'll treat it more like they did Bayonetta, with an early fall release and then something else from E3 taking the big November slot.

It was a big enough deal to be put in smash brothers, get an amiibo and to be the series that is the front runner to buy the New 3DS.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm not really sure why I would've rathered SMTxFE be a lovely crossover of the two series than whatever it ended up being but I would have.

It's a weird thought.

Because you enjoy garbage. I thought we covered this.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Housh posted:

3D Land is really great. It's also good for playing in short bursts so it's doesn't have to be a backlog game it can be the "I've got a few minutes to kill" game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Now that some time has passed since Nintendo Anime Direct, I still feel like the highlight of yesterdays presentation was Mario Maker, followed by Yoshi's Wooly World. Mario Maker is the game i'm looking forward to the most though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's another one of those Mario Kart 8 live music videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_YyZSsRb-s

It looks like the Animal Crossing track actually has four songs, one for each season

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope Nintendo sticks with the whole jazz music thing they've been doing lately cause man it has so much personality I love it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I hate how they wasted Sticker Star's awesome soundtrack on Sticker Star

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Dammit Club Nintendo let me in. I wanna redeem my Platinum gift! :argh:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Not a Children posted:

I hate how they wasted Sticker Star's awesome soundtrack on Sticker Star

I'm still amazed how badly they ruined the paper mario series. Like Square Enix didn't even tarnish the final fantasy series that badly with the three 13 games.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I said come in! posted:

Now that some time has passed since Nintendo Anime Direct, I still feel like the highlight of yesterdays presentation was Mario Maker, followed by Yoshi's Wooly World. Mario Maker is the game i'm looking forward to the most though.

Mario Maker was cool because it was the only product that didn't ask you to buy DLC or amiibo or cards or whatever.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Francis posted:

Mario Maker was cool because it was the only product that didn't ask you to buy DLC or amiibo or cards or whatever.

What's wrong with DLC or amiibo?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
There is no improvement playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii U compared to having the disc for the Wii, correct?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jivjov posted:

What's wrong with DLC or amiibo?

I don't see anything wrong with Amiibo's, but it's annoying to push DLC so heavily on games that aren't even out yet. I can understand it for Mario Kart 8 and Smash Brothers obviously. Nintendo isn't the only one to do this, or the most guilty. That reward goes to EA Games who has made it a thing to talk about DLC before even showing off in-game screenshots or footage of their newly announced games. I haven't even bought their game yet, I haven't even thrown down $50 - $60 for the pre-order, and they already want to try to convince me to throw down even more? I got a dozen other games I want to buy, get off my loving balls game devs.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

There is no improvement playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii U compared to having the disc for the Wii, correct?

No, exactly the same.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There might be better load times.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

It's a straight port because Wii games already run on the Wii-U. No differences in performance.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

No difference, aside from being handier to access the game directly from the main menu. It's literally a dump of the ISO, and activates the console's Wii mode to run.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
As long as Nintendo's DLC continues to be as high quality as it has been, and maintains the excellent value per dollar ratio that its had so far, I see no problem with their DLC.

So many people (and I'm not calling out anyone in particular, just mentioning a trend) just decry DLC as horrible from the gate with no regard to its quality. I saw someone say yesterday that they were giving up on Nintendo because of microtransations in Smash Bros. There is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with Microtransactions. I'd rather be given the option to buy the stuff I actually want piecemeal rather than be forced to buy a huge bundle pack just for one or two things I want.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

jivjov posted:

As long as Nintendo's DLC continues to be as high quality as it has been, and maintains the excellent value per dollar ratio that its had so far, I see no problem with their DLC.

So many people (and I'm not calling out anyone in particular, just mentioning a trend) just decry DLC as horrible from the gate with no regard to its quality. I saw someone say yesterday that they were giving up on Nintendo because of microtransations in Smash Bros. There is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with Microtransactions. I'd rather be given the option to buy the stuff I actually want piecemeal rather than be forced to buy a huge bundle pack just for one or two things I want.

The Fire Emblem DLC really was not high quality, it's just been Mario Kart that is the only one with arguable good value.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mario Golf DLC had great value, they gave you like double the amount of game content for really cheap.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Animal Crossing track looks (and sounds) like it's going to be so drat chill.

Of course I'm going to be blasting through it at 200cc and cursing a storm about blue shells and poo poo so v:v:v

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Fire Emblem DLC really was not high quality, it's just been Mario Kart that is the only one with arguable good value.

Mario Kart, Theathrhythm and Curtain Call, NSMB2, Hyrule Warriors, Smash 4, Mario Golf World Tour, Pikmin 3, and I'll disagree with you on the Fire Emblem stuff. Individually I think things were a little over-priced, but the 3-packs of related missions we're fair to me.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's 75 cents for a Smash costume. Compare to, say, Squeenix or Namco who will charge at least 4 bucks for a costume and I think you'll find Nintendo's costumes are reasonably priced. The DLC characters are also pretty nicely priced, if Mewtwo is anything to go off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

jivjov posted:

Mario Kart, Theathrhythm and Curtain Call, NSMB2, Hyrule Warriors, Smash 4, Mario Golf World Tour, Pikmin 3, and I'll disagree with you on the Fire Emblem stuff. Individually I think things were a little over-priced, but the 3-packs of related missions we're fair to me.

Theathrythem was square enix and you have to spend well over 50 bucks after buying the game to get everything.

and New Super Mario bros. 2 was not a good game and the DLC did not help improve this.

• Locked thread