Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Who are those two people between Isaac and Zero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I voted for Bayonetta because she is a strong, powerful woman who don't need no man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Who are those two people between Isaac and Zero?
Arle Nadja is the protagonist of the Puyo series of puzzle games.

Jibanyan is the mascot of Youkai Watch, basically Pokemon but with Japanese folktales. It's absurdly popular in Japan but has never been released in the US because

quote:

japanese folktales

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, in America, we prefer the APPLE watch!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

Arle Nadja is the protagonist of the Puyo series of puzzle games.

Jibanyan is the mascot of Youkai Watch, basically Pokemon but with Japanese folktales. It's absurdly popular in Japan but has never been released in the US because

I'm sorry to the Japanese, but these no-name characters don't have a god damned prayer of making the cut.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SL the Pyro posted:

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

This is apparently what characters the Japanese want be in Smash 4.

...The lead spots are composed entirely of veterans. Including the awful clones from Melee.

This is a golden opportunity to get some fresh meat in a Smash game without having to wait another six years, if even that, and they might actually want to throw it away for bad ideas that have been done and dusted. I'm okay with Lucas and all, but come on!

Although I'm far more amused than I should be that Tharja actually made the list. Surprisingly she's as popular as Bayonetta.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on Wolf since Lucas is back and there's a new Star Fox game coming. Snake's chances are looking pretty good now.:ocelot:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

America:
I accidentally voted Green Party (Shirobon / Bomberman) before my friend came home and reminded me I could have voted for the more realistic Democratic party (Waddle Dee w his spear and bandanna) :ohdear:

Canada:
I accidentally voted Green Party (Shirobon / Bomberman) before my friend came home and reminded me I could have voted for the more realistic NDP/Liberal party (Waddle Dee w his spear and bandanna) :ohdear:

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on Wolf since Lucas is back and there's a new Star Fox game coming. Snake's chances are looking pretty good now.:ocelot:

Lucas' specials were already in the game as alternate for Ness, and the same applies to Wolf and Fox. Snake needs to sneak back in. He's the only good thing about Brawl that's not in Smash 4.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TenaciousJ posted:

Lucas' specials were already in the game as alternate for Ness, and the same applies to Wolf and Fox. Snake needs to sneak back in. He's the only good thing about Brawl that's not in Smash 4.

How quickly we forget the Ice Climbers

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

jivjov posted:

How quickly we forget the Ice Climbers

They're from Melee. :colbert:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If they take the poll as seriously as they say they will, I think King K. Rool will likely be in Smash Bros next year.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I voted for Wonder Red because W101 is cool but I already know he's got a snowball's chance in hell to get in.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I'm going to be the one vote on earth for Soda Popinski.

For real though, in retrospect, little mac is actually the most boring character in punch out because you only see the back of his head. King Hippo, Bald Bull, Soda Popinski, Glass Joe, and even the Ethnic Stereotype Guys have so much more personality. Whoops!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ChaosArgate posted:

I voted for Wonder Red because W101 is cool but I already know he's got a snowball's chance in hell to get in.

The only reason Wonder Red wasn't my first vote was because I really can't think of a way the Wonderful 101 could be done justice as a playable character without being a clusterfuck, especially on 3DS.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Why would they vote for Lucas when he's already announced DLC? That's almost as bad as voting for Wolf, who obviously will never be in Smash 4.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Aston posted:

Why would they vote for Lucas when he's already announced DLC? That's almost as bad as voting for Wolf, who obviously will never be in Smash 4.

The poll was taken before the actual poll was announced.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I have too many ideas, I can't pick one to vote for yet.

I'm so tempted to say Commander Shepard. She's on the WiiU now, she's a Nintendo hero. I bet she'd tear that giant robot in the Xenoblade level a new rear end in a top hat.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
People who vote for Wolf just like his moveset, right? They don't actually like the character? Because how could anyone want Wolf over literally any other character in the Star Fox universe (except Crystal).

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012
Sami from Advance Wars so we can have a Snake-like move set and get some attention to Advance Wars. :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Polo-Rican posted:

People who vote for Wolf just like his moveset, right? They don't actually like the character? Because how could anyone want Wolf over literally any other character in the Star Fox universe (except Crystal).

He's the badass rival pilot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

Kurtofan posted:

He's the badass rival pilot.

Also yeah his moveset is an even cooler-than-falco version of fox's moveset.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Polo-Rican posted:

I don't know why anyone would want Fox at all so. I'd be okay with being able to delete Fox from my roster and put Wolf in there instead.

Fox is dumb and has a dumb nerd voice and has a dumb useless gun, and Wolf is awesome and slashes you with his claws

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I went with Wonder Red, cause he's great and the alt costumes could be the other wonderful ones.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

delete all star fox characters and replace them with f-zero characters

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Make it happen. :colbert:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
holy poo poo look at all these people not voting for captain toad

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
They should include Zoroark. If it's a clone and called Dark Lucario it's already being coded and it doesn't have a boring mega evolution final smash. Plus, anything is better than Charizard.

In all honesty though I'm voting for Cranky Kong.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Mega Man Zero or go home.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

So Mewtwo is now mute according to the trailer. He was the second ever talking Pokemon and I'm sad to see him dishonored.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought he only spoke in Japanese?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

It's a common misconception that Mewtwo's telepathy is interpreted as "talking" instead of the pure mind-to-mind thought sharing that it is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Polo-Rican posted:

What's the matter, scared?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

F. Lobot posted:

So Mewtwo is now mute according to the trailer. He was the second ever talking Pokemon and I'm sad to see him dishonored.

Mewtwo didn't talk in Melee from what I remember either. He just like. Grunted. If they were going off the anime we'd have that Mewtwo armor but alas

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Macaluso posted:

Mewtwo didn't talk in Melee from what I remember either. He just like. Grunted. If they were going off the anime we'd have that Mewtwo armor but alas

He did in the Japanese version.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Macaluso posted:

we'd have that Mewtwo armor but alas

Play Project M

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aston posted:

Play Project M

No

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

F. Lobot posted:

There are people that say Mewtwo will now have a femenine voice given that its smash depucts M-Mewtwo Y, which in its anime movie appearance it had a femenine voice.

They are right.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

just like your other posts

• Locked thread