Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I nominate Kensei to be the Krillin or Yamcha of Bleach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Scyantific posted:

Kensei should probably be the Tien TBH. He's vaguely similar to Ichigo (Goku), with Tien and Goku it was as the prized student of their schools, with Kensei and Ichigo it's their weird almost siblings look, and vaguely similar powers; Kensei makes things Explode from the inside out, Ichigo makes things explode from the outside in

This also means Rose is Chiaotzu.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This conversation is so interesting. Can someone please tell me who is the Keyzer Soze of The Godfather.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sharktamer posted:

This conversation is so interesting. Can someone please tell me who is the Keyzer Soze of The Godfather.

Aizen, because he makes poo poo up on the spot and tricks everyone into believing it the whole time

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Scyantific posted:

"Kensei in the name of" just doesn't have the same ring to it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Have a chapter of top tier Aizen smug:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bleach/Bleach-622--The-Agony?id=225478

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Chapter full of Aizen sitting in a chair being smug and it's the best chapter in like ever.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This is ridiculous and yet I find myself fascinated and can't stop looking.

We need a bigger :smug: if we want to keep using smilies in this thread to describe Aizen.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

They should just make weapons out of that chair

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
A chapter full of Aizen ex machina.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Bernardo Orel posted:

Chapter full of Aizen sitting in a chair being smug and it's the best chapter in like ever.

Most enjoyable chapter in years

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That is really some A Plus reasoning. I can't tell if the logic is some insane ghost pseudoscience where evil cancels evil or if Yamimoto's sword changed the old expression of fighting fire with fire to Evil with Evil, and figures of speech are all the planning he has left.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ah, Kyoraku and Aizen's smug off made up for the lack of progress this chapter.

Although, I noticed wheels underneath his chair which makes the whole experience a lot less fun than imagining it just gliding along through magic. :(

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
"So he's gotten smugger even while trapped in mugen...drat monster".

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Literally, :smug: the chapter. I like it.

Also,
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Bleach Manga Thread 15: This Is One Good Chair :smug:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hahaha all that poo poo you guys have been doing? Totally pointless.

Aizen gonna steamroll this poo poo.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Ah, I always love a chapter full of Aizen being smug as gently caress. I guess we can forget about pretty much everyone else now.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I really enjoy the coy "c'mon I swear to play nice if you let me out..." act he puts, JUST as he has been preparing a Kurohitsugi the whole time.

The almost "oops" friendly fire is glorious.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
I hope Ichigo falls into his lap.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Although, I noticed wheels underneath his chair which makes the whole experience a lot less fun than imagining it just gliding along through magic. :(

Actually that makes it funnier. His feet were authorized to be unbound, which means that Aizen is smugging it up while frantically scooching himself around with just his toes.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I didn't notice that, only the bit about his ankles being freed so I'd imagined him just dragging the chair along by flopping his feet back and forth.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
AIzen's great but Kyouraku's little speech at the beginning is my favorite part of this chapter. "You guys suck and aren't nearly as powerful as Aizen's ankles and I know that for a fact, so get used to it because I'm in charge and this is gonna save the world."

Aizen was great though. Apparently he wasn't bullshitting when Ichigo walloped him and he actually was becoming more powerful until Urahara Aizen'd him.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 2, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Goddamn that's a nice chair.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"What a splendid chair" is better.

Aizen not following the plan? Who could have seen this coming?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Mangastream's version is interesting this week. The Kissmanga version seemed to suggest that he was just opening a path for them to fly up, but in Mangastream's version, Aizen claims he is bringing the royal palace down to them. Bringing the palace down seems to make more sense, as sending everyone back up to the top, again, is getting incredibly redundant.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shneak posted:

"What a splendid chair" is better.

Aizen not following the plan? Who could have seen this coming?

I think you'll find that this is all going exactly according to Aizen's plan.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Batmasterson posted:

Mangastream's version is interesting this week. The Kissmanga version seemed to suggest that he was just opening a path for them to fly up, but in Mangastream's version, Aizen claims he is bringing the royal palace down to them. Bringing the palace down seems to make more sense, as sending everyone back up to the top, again, is getting incredibly redundant.

its getting incredibly insane that they just keep going up and down over the course of multiple IRL weeks and months

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ichigo will get back up to the palace right as Aizen drags it down to the ground.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
drat it, I was hoping the rest of this arc would just be people flying to and getting knocked off the Soul King's palace.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Bach is going to die via kenpachi picking up aizen and the chair and using them as a hammer.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

chumbler posted:

Ichigo will get back up to the palace right as Aizen drags it down to the ground.

I want this to happen so bad.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
This chapter was so good :allears:. Almost every page was just Aizen trying to outsmug himself and it was beautiful.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

Bacontotem posted:

Bach is going to die via kenpachi picking up aizen and the chair and using them as a hammer.

Aizenchair is Kenpachi's bankai

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Aizen is the protagonist of this series.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jesse James posted:

Aizenchair is Kenpachi's bankai

I wish Kubo had the balls to do wacky poo poo like this. His Shikai was :black101: as gently caress but if he had instead just picked up a better weapon and called it his shikai it would have been a great lead in for Aizen chair being his Bankai.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Just make Aizen the soul king at this point

Let him sit in his smug throne being smug throughout the ages, it's probably what the former one did anyways

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Parrotine posted:

Just make Aizen the soul king at this point

Let him sit in his smug throne being smug throughout the ages, it's probably what the former one did anyways

This is basically all Aizen wants anyway.

Like the Soul King doesn't even seem to do anything but act as a load bearing column for reality, would it be so awful?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I have a feeling this is all leading up to something like that... eventually.

The more Aizen we get in the meantime, the better.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

Aizen is the protagonist of this series.
But while forever stuck in that chair. I can support this. The adventures of Chair Aizen have to be a lot more interesting than whatever Ichigo wants to do over the next X chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Aizen is Kenpachis bankai!

• Locked thread