Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

On April 1st, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Alabaster White posted:

On April 1st, unfortunately.

Well, the tweet was made at a time where most of the world is already on to april 2nd so... I believe!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez

It's april 2nd now for almost the whole world and he's still posting them. Bout 5 mins ago he posted one of him fighting monstro.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh, they're patching the Meat Boy and Bandage Girl requireme -

oh. Well, that's cool, too. Interesting, considering the history with SMB and Nintendo.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
Of course now Edmund chimes in saying April Fools, leaving everyone even more confused.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Only compatible with New3DS?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dugong posted:

I wouldn't be surprised since doesn't the Vita have problems running it?

This is the best news and I really hope they can somehow do cross buy and saves.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dugong posted:

Yeah, the devs said that the old 3DS wasn't powerful enough to run the game. How unfortunate.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wouldn't be surprised since doesn't the Vita have problems running it?

This is the best news and I really hope they can somehow do cross buy and saves.

Yeah, I think playing it on Vita is a pretty poor experience.

I'm hopeful for the New 3DS version. I really want a good portable version of Rebirth.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Fedule posted:

Eden run, started with Book of Revelations.

Thus have I become the only person in recorded history to have unlocked both Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl legit.
Started with book of revelations and cube of meat. Level 2 cube of meat by Basement I, finishing Womb I with a level 5 cube of meat. :monocle:

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I just had a Samson run that was nerve wracking all the way up to the Chest. Dead Cat was my only source of health for the whole run. Also, this happened:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

TheModernAmerican posted:

I just had a Samson run that was nerve wracking all the way up to the Chest. Dead Cat was my only source of health for the whole run. Also, this happened:

Now you only need Ipecac and Loki's Horns.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

More silly stuff: NJL9 JGM9

Eden run, you start with unicorn stump and BFF, pop the book of revs on basement 2 for a guaranteed Famine fight, and you pretty much don't need to shoot for the rest of the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Here's a completely bonkers Eden run. KHKF F9PY. You start off with the Book of Sin and Proptosis. Cricket's Head is in the item room right next to you. And then Cricket's Body in the 2nd item room. And then Parasite in Necropolis. If you make it to the boss rush, you'll get Polyphemus. Oh, and eat every pill you come across. Some are bad like speed and range down, but there's a few luck ups in there. You can also turn into Guppy very fast here. And if you pick up Guppy's Tail in a curse room in the Womb, you'll get Tammy's head out of a chest in the Cathedral. Enjoy the carnage.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Now that we're well clear of April Fools day, here's a Polygon article about how Isaac's coming to Nintendo.

If you're Polygon-phobic, here's the facts: Wii U and New 3DS. The game just didn't run well enough on the old 3DS, so don't hold your breath for that. $15, due before E3 (so, before mid-June). Game will be identical to the Vita version in regards to gameplay and content (uncensored after all that trouble!), but the map and most of the UI will be shoved down onto the bottom screen. Afterbirth expansion will not be included, but may arrive later if Nintendo's DLC cert process is less of a nightmare than it was during the Wii era.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
You can still get Bandage Girl from monster manual, right? My friend seems to think they made it so you have to get her from the horsemen now.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

chippy posted:

You can still get Bandage Girl from monster manual, right? My friend seems to think they made it so you have to get her from the horsemen now.

Yes, the game hasn't been patched since I did it with the monster manual. It just takes a few hundred uses of the book or so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Kins posted:

Now that we're well clear of April Fools day, here's a Polygon article about how Isaac's coming to Nintendo.

If you're Polygon-phobic, here's the facts: Wii U and New 3DS. The game just didn't run well enough on the old 3DS, so don't hold your breath for that. $15, due before E3 (so, before mid-June). Game will be identical to the Vita version in regards to gameplay and content (uncensored after all that trouble!), but the map and most of the UI will be shoved down onto the bottom screen. Afterbirth expansion will not be included, but may arrive later if Nintendo's DLC cert process is less of a nightmare than it was during the Wii era.

I know it's early still but any word on cross buy and cross saves? I'm going to loose so much loving time with this game on consoles and I can't wait.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I know it's early still but any word on cross buy and cross saves? I'm going to loose so much loving time with this game on consoles and I can't wait.

I don't think Nintendo are capable on a technological level of supporting cross-saves without building a purpose-built app for it like with Pokemon, though they're definitely able to do cross-buy.

The PS4/Vita versions have cross-everything, but not with the PC version. If they couldn't get PC/Sony to talk to eachother, no way is anyone going to talk to Nintendo.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

Here's a completely bonkers Eden run. KHKF F9PY. You start off with the Book of Sin and Proptosis. Cricket's Head is in the item room right next to you. And then Cricket's Body in the 2nd item room. And then Parasite in Necropolis. If you make it to the boss rush, you'll get Polyphemus. Oh, and eat every pill you come across. Some are bad like speed and range down, but there's a few luck ups in there. You can also turn into Guppy very fast here. And if you pick up Guppy's Tail in a curse room in the Womb, you'll get Tammy's head out of a chest in the Cathedral. Enjoy the carnage.

I got the first four items you listed but Polyphemus didn't show up in the boss rush, i probably missed a luck pill or something. I did get Rubber Cement, which is super funny with Cricket's Body and Parasite. Great seed, would play again.

p.s The whip worm is what makes this seed amazing, it seems like it doubles the range of Proptosis.

edit: Guppy's Tail was in the Womb 2 curse room.

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 4, 2015

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

How rare is Sacred Heart? Even with several D6 rolls It's the one Angel room item I'm missing (gently caress off Holy Water four runs in a row :rolleyes: ) not counting The Lost's unlockables. Want to unlock everything before I turn the game into The Many Deaths of The Lost

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

It's a special item and the more you see the higher chance it will have to be rerolled. So pray for a Caves 1 angel room without seeing any special items.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Pivotal Lever posted:

I got the first four items you listed but Polyphemus didn't show up in the boss rush, i probably missed a luck pill or something. I did get Rubber Cement, which is super funny with Cricket's Body and Parasite. Great seed, would play again.

p.s The whip worm is what makes this seed amazing, it seems like it doubles the range of Proptosis.

edit: Guppy's Tail was in the Womb 2 curse room.

Huh, did you see any special items on the way there? I ended up in an Angel Room at one point because I accidentally ran out of the first devil room.

And yeah, Shot Speed is a much better stat in Rebirth than it was in Flash Isaac. It affects your range too, so a shot speed upgrade can make up for a low range.

Here's a cool little mechanic I just found out about. If you make it so that Wrath or Super Wrath gets hurt by your own bombs (Not theirs), they'll die instantly. This works with Dr. Fetus and Epic Fetus too, although I'm not sure if it works with IPECAC.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

bucksmash posted:

How rare is Sacred Heart? Even with several D6 rolls It's the one Angel room item I'm missing (gently caress off Holy Water four runs in a row :rolleyes: ) not counting The Lost's unlockables. Want to unlock everything before I turn the game into The Many Deaths of The Lost

I haven't seen it more than three times in 297 hours played in rebirth. It was a bit more common in the flash version, or I was just luckier there.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Any idea when the new wrath of the lamb update is coming out?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

kemikalkadet posted:

I haven't seen it more than three times in 297 hours played in rebirth. It was a bit more common in the flash version, or I was just luckier there.

I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen it once in as many hours, and I don't see many people mention it in their OP runs. Definitely one of the rarest items in the game, maybe it got the short end of the stick on seeds that contain it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

YF-23 posted:

I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen it once in as many hours, and I don't see many people mention it in their OP runs. Definitely one of the rarest items in the game, maybe it got the short end of the stick on seeds that contain it.

I got a seed with Godhead and Sacred Heart at the same time :supaburn:

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

YF-23 posted:

To be fair, part of this is that angel rooms are complete garbage compared to devil deals so everyone takes those instead. It'd be nice if the angel/devil room mechanic got revamped in Afterbirth, I'd be happy if they just made it 50/50 odds of appearing right from the start, without the "refusing a devil deal" BS that means you don't get an angel room til Caves 2 unless you get super lucky with Goat Head.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I've never had this before. This is a normal Eden run, starting with really slow but heavy-hitting tears. I found a d4 and rerolled once to what I have here (obviously the starting items are gone though.)

Now when I used a blood bank in the arcade I got cash but take no damage, and it dropped a portable blood bank which also does no damage to me.
I take damage as normal from monsters though.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Gromit posted:

I've never had this before. This is a normal Eden run, starting with really slow but heavy-hitting tears. I found a d4 and rerolled once to what I have here (obviously the starting items are gone though.)

Now when I used a blood bank in the arcade I got cash but take no damage, and it dropped a portable blood bank which also does no damage to me.

You have Isaac's heart. It's a familiar where your body becomes invincible but if the heart gets hit, you take damage and enemies aim for the heart instead of you. That makes blood banks/IV bags free so you can get rich quick.

0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.

Gromit posted:

Isaac's heart becomes your hitbox for enemies but also negates you taking damage from things like bloodbanks, spikes and creep. It also works really well with the razor blade because you can just spam it to kill all rooms without hurting yourself.

e:f;b

0haiThere fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 5, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Thanks guys. It wasn't until much later in the game I realised I had the heart, after thinking my hitbox had gone wonky as I was getting damaged even though I didn't think I was getting hit. I didn't realise it affected the health machines etc though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fedule posted:

I don't think Nintendo are capable on a technological level of supporting cross-saves without building a purpose-built app for it like with Pokemon, though they're definitely able to do cross-buy.

The PS4/Vita versions have cross-everything, but not with the PC version. If they couldn't get PC/Sony to talk to eachother, no way is anyone going to talk to Nintendo.

There isn't anyone to talk to for PC stuff. It's not like putting a game on Steam or Origin or whatever, which would require Valve/EA approval. Doing cross Nintendo/Sony saves isn't ever gonna happen, but PC is strictly a developer decision.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Bob Locke posted:

To be fair, part of this is that angel rooms are complete garbage compared to devil deals so everyone takes those instead. It'd be nice if the angel/devil room mechanic got revamped in Afterbirth, I'd be happy if they just made it 50/50 odds of appearing right from the start, without the "refusing a devil deal" BS that means you don't get an angel room til Caves 2 unless you get super lucky with Goat Head.

Angel rooms are terrible, I agree. The angel room pool is bad, there are soul heart and eternal heart variants, and the majority of the items are defensive in nature. There are 3 angel room items that increase stats vs 11 in the devil room items. The devil pool also has all the guppy items and becoming guppy is the highest damage increase in the game. Removing the eternal heart room variant and making it possible to see angel rooms with 2 pedestals would make me more interested in angel room runs.

If I am trying to streak I always take the Basement 2 devil deal no matter what it is. I'll buy the Necronomicon as D6 Isaac and keep the D6 just to guarantee devil rooms because they are clearly much better.

I always try to get rid of all my red hearts since 95% of my runs are Cathedral/Chest runs because acquiring more items is what makes this game fun and the Chest gives you the most opportunities to get more items and devil deals are the only way to rid yourself of red hearts. Maintaining a 1/2 red heart is a pain in the rear end since arcades can't spawn after Womb/Utero 2.

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 5, 2015

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

I still remember when I tried to take on Mega Satan for the first time and kept getting Devil Rooms and having to turn down the items in them, including three Guppy items? gently caress Angel Rooms.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I generally try to go for angel rooms because I feel a run's incomplete if I don't get to fight the Real Final Boss(TM). Which leads to other sad things like entering an angel room only to realise you don't have any bombs on you. :negative:

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Is there somewhere I can get a complete file with 999 eden tokens? I enjoy playing as Eden but I don't care to grind tokens to just boot up and play some random Eden runs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Angel room pool is mostly terrible and you get poo poo like DEAD SEA SCROLL which doesn't do a drat thing for you. Even those drat red chests in the devil room will give you items occasionally but when it just dumps an eternal heart on you you can't do anything with it. It's only worthwhile trying for with the D6 because you can fight the angel and reroll the key. And maybe even have two items. But even still it's annoying and it should be a smaller and better item pool for having to jump through hoops to even get one.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

As if this game is designed to be as functional and user-friendly as possible (the game is purposely obtuse at times).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

I get the thematic point of having to turn from sin to reach God, but it all falls apart because the Angel pool is so incredibly bad. Imagine if Heaven was just like Detroit or something.