Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I haven't enjoyed the season as much as the first two, but I actually liked that episode a lot - minus the flash back. It shook up the status quo a lot and Arrow shouldn't rest in one state for too long. Really glad they gave Blackstone something solid to work with this week, though. He killed it.

I'm really hoping everything converges soon, though. After the first two episodes, minus... what, two exceptions... Ray's basically been his own mini show within Arrow with Felicity basically bouncing between the sets and scenes and it's getting jarring. I know it's more or less all set up for the new show, but everything else meshes pretty well, but Ray's just kind hovering out on the edge doing his own thing and barely interacting with the show he's on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man that was dissapointing

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That episode was great gently caress the haters. It's not up to Slade Wilson's continual gently caress You to Oliver Queen but it was pretty good TV.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I like the fact that this season there are two big bads. Ra's, and Ollie's bad decisions catching up with him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I like the fact that this season there are two big bads. Ra's, and Ollie's bad decisions catching up with him.

Final boss is The Spectre

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Bad Moon posted:

That episode was great gently caress the haters. It's not up to Slade Wilson's continual gently caress You to Oliver Queen but it was pretty good TV.

I don't care how stupid the plot got, those were some grade A chase scenes they shot.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Krad posted:

I don't care how stupid the plot got, those were some grade A chase scenes they shot.

The action scenes were really on point this week, definitely.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

Seiously, this thread needs to loving relax. That was one of the better episode of the series, stop trying to justify your dumbass "show sucks now" narratives.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bad Moon posted:

My big complaint was Team Arrow's constant "You can't do this Oliver" when he goes to turn himself in when...what other choice does he have? Go to war with the police? Become R'as? This way the killing stops and R'as hasn't won.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

howe_sam posted:

My big complaint was Team Arrow's constant "You can't do this Oliver" when he goes to turn himself in when...what other choice does he have? Go to war with the police? Become R'as? This way the killing stops and R'as hasn't won.

They almost literally tell him that every single time he wants to get out of the Arrow Cave.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
To be fair to Arrow, it's had the rather lovely job of following Flash all season, and thats a tough act to follow.

I've been digging this poo poo, but i'm a massive Batman fan, and i'm :gay: for all things League of Assassins

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:tviv::flashfap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFk7uixvN9s

Looks like Roy isn't gonna make it though :( no more unnecessary parkour :smith:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Scyantific posted:

[embed]

Looks like Roy isn't gonna make it though :( no more unnecessary parkour :smith:

Holy poo poo. It's a shame we have to wait a week, because this is badass.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think it is great how... ":dance:" Ray is about being a superhero. From his "Hey, I'm Ray!" in the Flash promos to his "High five!" in this one. Arrow needs a guy like that so of course he is being moved to the new show...

Also looks like Oliver and Ray are going to train Avatar-style

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 2, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What does Oliver call himself in that promo? I understood the first part "Al-Shaheed" but what was that second part? Also people are already flipping out about how that lady at the end might be Talia.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's more like Ollie's new bad decisions to make up for the old bad decisions.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scyantific posted:

What does Oliver call himself in that promo? I understood the first part "Al-Shaheed" but what was that second part? Also people are already flipping out about how that lady at the end might be Talia.

Al Ghul.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

raditts posted:

It was hilarious, because it wouldn't be out of character for Laurel to just jump off the building because Ollie and Roy did, and then mid-fall being like "wait, you guys have ropes??? gently caress"

What bugs me is that the building they were in was supposedly like a 4 story parking garage. They show that in the "Scan" image, they have cops drive up on top of it. The moment they jump off though they're on the top of a 30 floor office building.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 2, 2015

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Seiously, this thread needs to loving relax. That was one of the better episode of the series, stop trying to justify your dumbass "show sucks now" narratives.

The start of the episode and that big long chase scene was really good, the whole thing with Ray and Felcitiy was completely ridiculous, Lance finding out about Oliver was great, the fact that he handed himself in when there was no proof is ridiculous. Along with the lacklustre flashbacks.

Yeah, bits were good, but there was a lot of bad bits too

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He handed himself in because the police were hunting him down and kicking in doors and he knew it was a matter of time until someone got killed. By handing himself in, he was also able making to make the deal to get immunity for Roy, Dig and Felicity, please pay attention to the show you are watching.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

zoux posted:

He handed himself in because the police were hunting him down and kicking in doors and he knew it was a matter of time until someone got killed. By handing himself in, he was also able making to make the deal to get immunity for Roy, Dig and Felicity, please pay attention to the show you are watching.

Additionally, he turned himself in to prevent the League from killing more people.

The flashbacks were a drag on the episode, but that's been a problem since day one.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Scyantific posted:

Just because he has to fight some dudes in prison? I think Roy will be fine.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Valeyard posted:

The start of the episode and that big long chase scene was really good, the whole thing with Ray and Felcitiy was completely ridiculous, Lance finding out about Oliver was great, the fact that he handed himself in when there was no proof is ridiculous. Along with the lacklustre flashbacks.

Yeah, bits were good, but there was a lot of bad bits too

On the other hand, the Ray scenes were buildup to him getting injected with nanomachines that can shrink

How is that not enough to justify those scenes?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King of Solomon posted:

On the other hand, the Ray scenes were buildup to him getting injected with nanomachines that can shrink

How is that not enough to justify those scenes?

Other people have already pointed out the problems with that, it was a quick injection he could have gave himself. There wasn't any need to talk about people potentially going to prison and threatening doctor's with lawyers and manufacturing these "dramatic" moments :psyduck:

zoux posted:

hcreight posted:

Additionally, he turned himself in to prevent the League from killing more people.

The flashbacks were a drag on the episode, but that's been a problem since day one.

Yeah, the police hunting him done was stupid as gently caress. The Captain of their police force was beaten up and taken to a warehouse, and then told by the head of a group of assassins that Oliver Queen is the Arrow and then that is enough to out him on the news? Come on

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Valeyard posted:

Other people have already pointed out the problems with that, it was a quick injection he could have gave himself. There wasn't any need to talk about people potentially going to prison and threatening doctor's with lawyers and manufacturing these "dramatic" moments :psyduck:

The fact that he could have done it himself is irrelevant. The buildup lead to the event actually happening, which is the important thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A hospital can hold you against your will.

Valeyard posted:

Yeah, the police hunting him done was stupid as gently caress. The Captain of their police force was beaten up and taken to a warehouse, and then told by the head of a group of assassins that Oliver Queen is the Arrow and then that is enough to out him on the news? Come on

He doesn't have to tell them how he got the information.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Why would I believe you"

"Because when I do everything will become clear"

Like the show directly addressed all these concerns, I'm not manufacturing rationale, again, pay attention.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I think they can only hold you if you are suicide risk, otherwise you can waive any liability to the hospital and leave

King of Solomon posted:

The fact that he could have done it himself is irrelevant. The buildup lead to the event actually happening, which is the important thing.

True, it's going to be really ownage when Ray finally get's going which looks like it's gonna go that route next week. And then he is gonna break off into his own show :v:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

He doesn't have to tell them how he got the information.

Hopefully when Ollie gets time on his hands when not being murdered he can sue them for slander and get some of his cash back

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Valeyard posted:

To be fair, this is the same police force that has a HQ overran by gangs/superthugs at least four separate times with no upgrades to security.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If this whole thing leads to the residents of Starling City standing up one by one and saying "NO, I am The Arrow!" then it will all be worth it

Scyantific posted:

Hey is Roy in Iron Heights? That's cool.

It's a bit weird though since we know Lance knows Roy is the guy in red, not the guy in green

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 2, 2015

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Aside from the fact Lance has zero evidence against Oliver, the entire threat of the episode - the reveal of his secret identity has ZERO narrative weight at this point. There are no stakes. Oliver has no one to hide his identity from. His family know, his villains know. He has no day job, no friends outside of Team Arrow, no civilian life at all. He presumably spends his entire day training in the Arrowcave. So what is the pretense? What is the cost?

Oliver Queen as a character has been the Arrow and never an alter ego for this entire season .

On that note, is Diggle still getting a salary from him? How is he supporting himself?

imperialparadox posted:

Couldn't Ray have just injected himself with the nano's to help keep Felicity out of trouble?
Yeah, it was a remarkably casual neck injection. The entire hospital b-story made no sense and was extremely tonally jarring with Felicity's cartoon mother "distracting" the doctor, the magical injection and Ray's "side-effects" comedy beat. And then five minutes of timewasting shipper tease bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Aside from the fact Lance has zero evidence against Oliver, the entire threat of the episode - the reveal of his secret identity has ZERO narrative weight at this point. There are no stakes. Oliver has no one to hide his identity from. His family know, his villains know. He has no day job, no friends outside of Team Arrow, no civilian life at all. He presumably spends his entire day training in the Arrowcave. So what is the pretense? What is the cost?

His freedom?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like that the trailer cuts from Ray telling Ollie they are going to "team up" to Ollie banging Felicity. Perhaps the show is going to go in a different direction

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Valeyard posted:

I like that the trailer cuts from Ray telling Ollie they are going to "team up" to Ollie banging Felicity. Perhaps the show is going to go in a different direction

It probably is a reason Ray will not continue being on the show and will be on the spinoff

e: also what did they say earlier this season? ollicity is about 50/50? So we got 50% boning Ray Palmer and 50% boning Ollie...I guess they weren't lying. I wish I had her bad luck though, all she seems to have done since college is create a supervirus that enabled a cyber terrorist to do...something? and fall into bed with billionaires

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Scyantific posted:

When I plug that name into google it hits on The Marytr's memorial which seems kinda lovely considering Roy is probably getting shanked in prison on Oliver's behalf.

Maybe a native speaker can clarify if that's accurate? Or if it's this http://islamqa.info/en/11194 I'm going to laugh my rear end off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat that trailer gave me a nerd boner.

Ray is the best. "High Five!"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Oh Rhyno, who did you piss off this time.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VagueRant posted:

By the way, what was the second name Lance listed off as Oliver failing to save people? Sounded like "Tommy, [Hilton?], your mother, my daughter."

I had absolutely zero idea who that was as well but figured it was just someone we were supposed to know. But now I'm curious...

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lucas_Hilton_%28Arrow%29

Okay, apparently it was Lance's old partner, the guy from Continuum and First Wave. Sorry Lance, I forgot that guy ever existed he died like years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

Oh Rhyno, who did you piss off this time.

A bunch of people in BSS got them. It's DarkTittiesInMyFace's avatar.

• Locked thread