Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Literally the single best Nintendo Direct of all time. ALL TIME.

Man I need to play some more Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

SL the Pyro posted:

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

This is apparently what characters the Japanese want be in Smash 4.

...The lead spots are composed entirely of veterans. Including the awful clones from Melee.

This is a golden opportunity to get some fresh meat in a Smash game without having to wait another six years, if even that, and they might actually want to throw it away for bad ideas that have been done and dusted. I'm okay with Lucas and all, but come on!

Although I'm far more amused than I should be that Tharja actually made the list. Surprisingly she's as popular as Bayonetta.

Clearly fake. I don't see Goku anywhere. :colbert:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Wolf is real, and my friend.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

we're gonna have fun with this thing, later this fall

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

SL the Pyro posted:

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

This is apparently what characters the Japanese want be in Smash 4.

...The lead spots are composed entirely of veterans. Including the awful clones from Melee.

This is a golden opportunity to get some fresh meat in a Smash game without having to wait another six years, if even that, and they might actually want to throw it away for bad ideas that have been done and dusted. I'm okay with Lucas and all, but come on!

It really reeks of a lack of imagination, yeah. I would rather we just get a new character whole-cloth than something that's already been done. For example, Wolf's specials from Brawl are already customs, we don't really need him back in the game. Likewise, we don't really need a sixth Zelda character or an eighth Mario character.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

It really reeks of a lack of imagination, yeah. I would rather we just get a new character whole-cloth than something that's already been done. For example, Wolf's specials from Brawl are already customs, we don't really need him back in the game. Likewise, we don't really need a sixth Zelda character or an eighth Mario character.

Wolf needs to return. He is much more interesting than both Falco and Fox. Delete them and bring back Wolf.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's really weird how much people seem to just not care about main characters. Fox and Falco are plenty cool, Fox is a Heroic Leader with a Tragic Past and Falco is a Bad Boy with a Heart of Gold, and both of those things own.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Do your part and vote for SOPHIA THE 3RD.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

notoriousman posted:

Do your part and vote for SOPHIA THE 3RD.

Tank from Blaster Master?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Please vote for Wizpig.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Manoueverable posted:

Zelda has around two dozen chars that would be great to play in Smash. gently caress you. Maneuver yourself into a grave. I bet you voted for Sukapon or some poo poo

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Reiley posted:

Wolf is real, and my friend.

W is real 2015

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Gotta go Heihachi. Dude's a guest fighting MVP at this point. Man is not afraid to Punch a soul-eating monstrosity or a god of war, let him get his shot at an electric rodent and a armored bounty hunter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

net cafe scandal posted:

Zelda has around two dozen chars that would be great to play in Smash. gently caress you. Maneuver yourself into a grave. I bet you voted for Sukapon or some poo poo

No it's imperative that we have poo poo no one cares about because then maybe we'll get a sequel to *checks nintendo wikipedia page* Urban Champion

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

Likewise, we don't really need a sixth Zelda character

There hasn't been a totally new Zelda fighter in the SSB series since Melee came out in 2001 so this is a real bad opinion. You need to wise up. I don't have time for posts like these.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want more villains

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want more villains

Add Project M to Smash 4

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

The veterans were all someone's favorite, it's not hard to imagine wanting to bring your main back into the new smash over the novelty of having a brand new fighter who might not even be good. It's a no-brainer to voice for an established character before another possible Bowser Jr.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The veterans are no one's favourite, otherwise they'd already be in.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.

-Fish- posted:

Mega Man Zero or go home.

Already done, my friend, already done. A vote for Zero is a vote for cutting poo poo in half.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Manoueverable posted:

It really reeks of a lack of imagination, yeah. I would rather we just get a new character whole-cloth than something that's already been done. For example, Wolf's specials from Brawl are already customs, we don't really need him back in the game.

Wolf's normals were 80% of the reason he owned and I don't see those in Sm4sh

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Aston posted:

The veterans are no one's favourite, otherwise they'd already be in.

This is nonsense.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Every character who has been playable in Smash became somebody's main, even if they were an obscure character that was bad at fighting. It makes sense that people are asking for them back. However, I like to look forward to fresh newcomers and I don't miss most of the cuts very badly.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

If anyone actually played as eg Ice Climbers then they would be in Smash 4. QED.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Supercar Gautier posted:

Every character who has been playable in Smash became somebody's main, even if they were an obscure character that was bad at fighting. It makes sense that people are asking for them back. However, I like to look forward to fresh newcomers and I don't miss most of the cuts very badly.

:agreed:

I don't have any huge preference for a newcomer, really. Anything from Bomberman to Layton to K. Rool - hell, I wouldn't mind Groose, either - would be pretty cool, and I trust Nintendo to do something creative with the results.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm one of the few weirdos who mained Roy in Melee and even I don't want him back.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wolf's normals were 80% of the reason he owned and I don't see those in Sm4sh

Plus his reflector shield owned way more than either of the other two characters.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Lucas probably didn't take a lot of effort to make because all his animations were done and in a format that 's easy to port over and tweak. Just rig up his new trophy model and he's done. I predict Wolf returning for the same reason, regardless of demand.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Rorus Raz posted:

Please vote for Tingle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aston posted:

If anyone actually played as eg Ice Climbers then they would be in Smash 4. QED.
ice climbers were removed because they couldn't get them to work on the 3ds

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I'll actually be really surprised if Ice Climbers aren't top 5 in the polls

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up

F. Lobot posted:

So Mewtwo is now mute according to the trailer. He was the second ever talking Pokemon and I'm sad to see him dishonored.

What? He still has his deep, ghostly voice similar to Melee. You can hear him several times in the video if you listen closely. Bowser and Dedede didn't lose their grunts. Sakurai loves that stuff

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I'm voting for Birdo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've started playing as Rosalina, and I've come to a conclusion: I don't understand her, and I get my rear end kicked always.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

A friend just messaged me a screenshot of his entry.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've started playing as Rosalina, and I've come to a conclusion: I don't understand her, and I get my rear end kicked always.

You were not meant to play lame characters I'm sorry

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SilverSupernova posted:

A friend just messaged me a screenshot of his entry.

gently caress I should have had that as a reason for my vote.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ruggington posted:

You were not meant to play lame characters I'm sorry
She's fun to play but her B abilities seem to be mostly really useless.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

She's fun to play but her B abilities seem to be mostly really useless.

It's mostly positioning yourself with neutral b and asserting yourself with your big-rear end lethal normals smashes and aerials

Down b nullifies more characters than it should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like the idea of having a character who can screw over all the projectile characters that gimp Ike.

• Locked thread