Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I post a gif of the ref handing Roman a blade to pass to Brock, and people still think it was hardway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I believe Meltzer said that the blade dulled and snapped when Brock tried to use it to he had to do it hardway.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sub Rosa posted:

I post a gif of the ref handing Roman a blade to pass to Brock, and people still think it was hardway?

Meltzer said it was hardway since WWE would have to fine Brock if they knew he'd bladed, and with all the cameras they have around they'd have known. Though he did say just because WWE said it wasn't doesn't mean it wasn't.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

njsykora posted:

just because WWE said it wasn't doesn't mean it wasn't.
wwe.txt

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

njsykora posted:

Meltzer said it was hardway since WWE would have to fine Brock if they knew he'd bladed, and with all the cameras they have around they'd have known. Though he did say just because WWE said it wasn't doesn't mean it wasn't.

Also that gif wasn't very conclusive - it was probably just the ref checking on Roman

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

njsykora posted:

Is this like how they'd have to suspend Orton if he failed another Wellness?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

Also that gif wasn't very conclusive - it was probably just the ref checking on Roman

Looking at it, the ref only sticks two fingers into Roman's palm and unless a) the blade is really loving small and is borderline invisible between two fingers and b) Roman is cool with blindly squeezing a sharp object into his hand and possibly a vein, then I think he's just checking.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Szmitten posted:

Looking at it, the ref only sticks two fingers into Roman's palm and unless a) the blade is really loving small and is borderline invisible between two fingers and b) Roman is cool with blindly squeezing a sharp object into his hand and possibly a vein, then I think he's just checking.

Blades from these are pretty small/thin. Had an inmate who would pry these apart, use the blade to cut some scar tissue on the back of their hand in a "suicide attempt", and get sent to the Hole for suicide watch. Usually around the inmate canteen (store) time and others were meaning to collect on ramen and hohos he owed.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015

oldpainless posted:

I believe Meltzer said that the blade dulled and snapped when Brock tried to use it to he had to do it hardway.

You need a +5 (Adamantium) blade to cut a true Beast.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Szmitten posted:

Austin talked about taking a safety razor blade and breaking it into eighths, while Ric Flair would somehow make his even smaller. Blades are not big, mate.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

I didn't see a blade. Also please explain when and how Brock bladed himself without opening up a gigantic gash from doing it too fast.

EDIT: Lesnar has his gloves off by the time they do the spot, so he wasn't hiding it there. If Reigns gave it to him, where was it? It's not in his right hand because he's holding that hand open, then grabs Reign's hair with that hand. His left hand doesn't even come near his head so he wasn't holding it there. Maybe he's telekinetic and held it in the air? :iiam:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 2, 2015

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
gifs

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

wrestling is art

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Did.... did somebody just nut in Chuck Taylor's face at a wrestling event?

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed among cocktails.
Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

Illinois Smith posted:

oh, also this

You can almost see the moment when she asks herself if she remembered to pay her life insurance premium that month.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sockser posted:

Did.... did somebody just nut in Chuck Taylor's face at a wrestling event?

Later in that match, Chuck yelled "YOU'LL NEVER CUM AGAIN" and dropped an invisible grenade down Reynolds' pants. Also, the towel he used to clean the imaginary jizz up played into the rest of the match AND the following one.

It was a weird night.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Later in that match, Chuck yelled "YOU'LL NEVER CUM AGAIN" and dropped an invisible grenade down Reynolds' pants. Also, the towel he used to clean the imaginary jizz up played into the rest of the match AND the following one.

It was a weird night.

later in the match reynolds no-sells a nutshot because his dick was blown off by a grenade earlier in the match

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

oatgan posted:

later in the match reynolds no-sells a nutshot because his dick was blown off by a grenade earlier in the match

Grozz Nuy posted:

wrestling is art

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

oatgan posted:

The sort of wrestling psychology that demands a therapist.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I hope it wasn't a blade job. Brock Lesnar is an excellent professional wrestler, and knows how to take a safe bump into the ringpost, so the alternative is that he intentionally nutted it so hard it bust his forehead open, and I would love to believe that's true.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I still believe he got himself on the pyro wire.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

On Going in RAW, either Steve or Larson said it looked like he caught an LED that was on the post.

Gar
May 13, 2005
I got the Playstation but I still play the Sega
Isn't it possible that Roman is the one that gigs him? Bret gigged Austin at 13, Austin didn't do it himself. I didn't see a good time for Roman to do it though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Having other people blade you is pretty rare as far as I know. Bret Hart, 15 year veteran, is someone I'd probably trust to gig me. Big Green Monster Roman Reigns not so much.

It's not impossible but it's less likely than Brock slyly blading himself, or doing it hardway

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This has to be one of the least interesting wrestling conspiracy theories ever during a time period where there's tons of interesting ones. He bled, it was cool, does it really matter what more there is to it than that

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory, just an interesting discussion because it's so rare to have blood in matches these days and when it does show up its always "oh yeah he caught the table there" and not "wait how did he gently caress his face up?"

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Aesop Poprock posted:

This has to be one of the least interesting wrestling conspiracy theories ever during a time period where there's tons of interesting ones. He bled, it was cool, does it really matter what more there is to it than that

Does it matter, like in terms of someone's enjoyment of the match? Probably not. But this sort of thing is interesting in general. To me, anyway, I might be projecting. But I rewatched the WMXX main event a billion times and one of the most fascinating things is watching when Shawn pulls his blade out of his wrist tape and how long he holds on to it and how much poo poo he does with blade in hand.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Having other people blade you is pretty rare as far as I know. Bret Hart, 15 year veteran, is someone I'd probably trust to gig me. Big Green Monster Roman Reigns not so much.
I thought one of the shithead indie hazing rituals was generously offering to cover gigging duties before taking liberties on new guys. Paying dues, etc. Though given that neither Reigns nor Lesnar have even sniffed the indies, I guess it's possible.

A guy I know was claiming that Roman was legit shooting on Lesnar and I'd hope no one would be so stupid as to actually try that

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Basic Chunnel posted:

A guy I know was claiming that Roman was legit shooting on Lesnar and I'd hope no one would be so stupid as to actually try that

It did look like he was stiffing Lesnar, but I think Brock would be offended if you didn't.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

It did look like he was stiffing Lesnar, but I think Brock would be offended if you didn't.

Uh after seeing Lesnar get hit in real life I'd say that no he would probably really like if he wasn't hit hard often. Wanting to get stiffed is either for tough guy 50s-90s weirdos who want to feel and be treated like they're fighters and puro/indy/joshi people who don't know any other way

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 4, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Regardless, Lesnar clearly doesn't have many qualms about bumps

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's weird that Lesnar and Bryan both had phantom hardway forehead shots within the same week.

Can someone get a Smackdown gif of Sheamus wiping Bryan's blood on his chest like warpaint? Reminded me of Lesnar/Hogan.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

When you work ~3-5 times a year like Brock does I imagine working stiff isn't that big a deal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

I thought one of the shithead indie hazing rituals was generously offering to cover gigging duties before taking liberties on new guys. Paying dues, etc. Though given that neither Reigns nor Lesnar have even sniffed the indies, I guess it's possible.

In Bret Hart's book he talks about a very young Bulldog allowing Dynamite to gig him. It ended exactly as you might expect.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

St Evan Echoes posted:

In Bret Hart's book he talks about a very young Bulldog allowing Dynamite to gig him. It ended exactly as you might expect.

Dynamite has to be one of the few wrestlers where you look at him all crippled and awful in his wheelchair and you think "Man, Karma treated you with kid gloves"

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Obviously I don't know whose idea it was, but at some stage someone must have realised that the only way this match wouldn't look ridiculous is if they both legitimately got the poo poo beat out of them. That comeback from Reigns without blood would have died on it's arse. It's kind of amazing how much they've built upLesnar in that nobody will buy him getting hurt short of someone driving a truck into him. And if they paid me as much as Lesnar I'd have no problem putting myself through that once or twice a year.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dynamite has to be one of the few wrestlers where you look at him all crippled and awful in his wheelchair and you think "Man, Karma treated you with kid gloves"
Pretty much.

In case anyone doesn't know the story, Bulldog had never bladed before so asked Dynamite to do it for him. When the moment came Bulldog got cold feet and decided he didn't want to go through with it. Dynamite decided he'd gig him anyway. Bulldog panicked and struggled, and ended up being cut to the bone right across his forehead.

Dynamite Kid was a sociopathic piece of poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dynamite though drugging people's food and drink was hilarious, so yeah he was 100% rear end in a top hat.

Hell, he injected milk into Davey Boy and told him it was the steroid winstrol.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Shinsuke Nakamura is a master Heel

https://www.gfycat.com/DefenselessFlickeringIrishsetter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Illinois Smith posted:

oh, also this

I cannot believe how smoothly she sails up there. It's like a special effect.