Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

One of my favorites is someone from Part 4 who weaponizes wordplay. Another good one is using healing powers as a tracking device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
There's a dude in Part 7 whose power is literally making balloon animals that behave like the actual animals they're based off, except instead of empty balloons he inflates metal.

He's one of the more dangerous adversaries our heroes face.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
This is also pretty accurate

e: whoops didnt realise how large it was, I was on my mobile.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 3, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Zeruel posted:

The Part 4 poster cracks me up the most but Part 5 is also a really good one.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

FirstAidKite summed it pretty well in the weirdest fan-art thread.

FirstAidKite posted:

*a few pages later*

*a few more pages later*

*a few more pages later still*

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Zeruel posted:

The bluntness of the Part 6 one gets me everytime. I feel like Part 7 is more National Treasure though.

Also I wanna post this image of Araki's drawing of Naruto because the combination of this beautifully drawn face and then that Bart Simpson hair.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

FirstAidKite summed it pretty well in the weirdest fan-art thread.

That's really more of a part 4 thing imo. One of the things I like so much with jojo is how each part feels like its own unique little thing, each with their own style to it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/37.html

previews.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I think the anime thread somehow collectively came up with King Crimson's power on their own.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

chaos rhames posted:

I think the anime thread somehow collectively came up with King Crimson's power on their own.

But... No one knows how King Crimson works

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So they're going with having Iggy actually having a voice and speaking rather than having the narrator speak what he's thinking like some suspected they might.

I am beyond ready for Pet Shop. gently caress yes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Suddenly voiced Iggy. :dance:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aurain posted:

So they're going with having Iggy actually having a voice and speaking rather than having the narrator speak what he's thinking like some suspected they might.

I am beyond ready for Pet Shop. gently caress yes.

He spoke in the manga as well, Forever didn't spoke in the manga.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I always appreciated how after their early attempts at censoring animal cruelty VIZ just gave up at Petshop.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

I always appreciated how after their early attempts at censoring animal cruelty VIZ just gave up at Petshop.

I'm sure Araki replacing a dead dog with a dead dire rat didn't help.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Aurain posted:

A dude on /a/ said it (there are a bunch of dudes in /a/'s JoJo who do actually do it for other JoJo things which is what gave it some credence), glad to hear it's not true though. Also, thank you for doing it because it's greatly appreciated. Mangahelpers is a good place to put your scripts if you want to make them public once done.

dont believe anything you read on 4chan retard

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i'm not sure why anyone would even remotely believe anything on an anonymous messageboard when it's about something that's already surrounded by rumors in the first place

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Quite a few fan translators are known to post on /a/ with a trip, not that I know whether or not this guy was one of them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Considering that some anons on /a/ finished up the Stardust Crusaders quality scans (which is naughty of them) and they do things like One Punch Man too, it's not at all an entirely baseless claim.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I heard that Pet Shop was overpowered in the Capcom fighter game, but this is ridiculous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Fqvd1W358

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I heard that Pet Shop was overpowered in the Capcom fighter game, but this is ridiculous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Fqvd1W358

He's clearly in training mode with infinite supers, but yeah, he only needed about 5 bars to 100%. Petshop isn't high-tier, he's banned-tier.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDeQwFjUTf8

This is why he is banned-tier.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Its funny because he still isn't the best character in the game.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Me (Kosaku) high fiving another Kira at Sakura Con

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Who is theperson in the lower right supposed to be?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Genderswapped part 1 Dio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Not bad, and not I don't blame you for notbuying the $400 official Kira tie too.

The DIO's are all great.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The other Kira had the real tie. I was jealous.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Unfortunately his lawyers are probably on high alert at the moment.

The Spirit of Emptiness Cool Ice doesn't have the same ring. :(

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My favorite name change is that Sticky Fingers was changed to Zipper Man in All Star Battle, yet Soft & Wet stayed the same, despite that apparently Prince's laywers are prickly about name usage. I doubt they'd really care about it, but it's kinda silly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm more fond of how Polnareff got changed to Eiffel because Namco got really scared even though literally every other translation of Part 3 media keeps his name as is.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
D4C getting changed to "Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price" was pretty good

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Actually, now that I think about it, Namco got really terrified of lawsuits since they changed innocuous phrases like "Stray Cat" to "Feral Cat" or "Echoes" to "Reverb". I can understand when they get scared about names like "Killer Queen", but names like "Kiss" or "Enigma" that are pretty much just nouns is playing it a little too cautiously, I think.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

bonewitch posted:

D4C getting changed to "Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price" was pretty good
I'm glad they got tongue in cheek about it.

One of my favorite ASB little references is if you use that slow mo punch move that Giorno did on Bruno in their fight on Jonathan, Gold Experience does the thumb in the eye during the punch that Dio did in their boxing fight in Part 1

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 6, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The slow-mo punch causes a lot of references, from what I hear. Doing it on Polnareff makes him do the tongue arrow thing from the Hol Horse/Boingo fight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if i like jojo (just finished it) and i like dbz

where do i go from here

assume very little anime watched otherwise

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

I'm glad they got tongue in cheek about it.

One of my favorite ASB little references is if you use that slow mo punch move that Giorno did on Bruno in their fight on Jonathan, Gold Experience does the thumb in the eye during the punch that Dio did in their boxing fight in Part 1

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The slow-mo punch causes a lot of references, from what I hear. Doing it on Polnareff makes him do the tongue arrow thing from the Hol Horse/Boingo fight.

Hahaha, I never realized this.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRukV7FxxA4

Jonathan getting a thumb in his eye is another one

Ekusukariba fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 6, 2015

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Its funny because he still isn't the best character in the game.

He is, actually. The only other character who comes even close is Kakyoin and he requires fifteen times the execution that petshop's dumb poo poo does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eonwe posted:

if i like jojo (just finished it) and i like dbz

where do i go from here

assume very little anime watched otherwise

One Piece would be up your alley just because its a similar light hearted shounen, make sure to read and not watch though

• Locked thread