Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
... I'm starting to wonder what Nimbus from Dragon Ball is made of...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Toriko: You always need a healer-type character in your party

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

... I'm starting to wonder what Nimbus from Dragon Ball is made of...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Denshark is better again!! :neckbeard:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

...Sure, why the hell not.

Toriko: Sure, why the hell not.

Selane
May 19, 2006

I don't know why this thread even exists, there's no words that can describe this manga.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Looks like the pets are getting a training arc of their own. I wonder if it'll be offscreen?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tolth posted:

Looks like the pets are getting a training arc of their own. I wonder if it'll be offscreen?

Definitely.

But the hell was that in Kaka's hands?

(And real(?) Kaka has much softer features ala Chichi So yeah the Toriko law of good looks == good person yet stands)

And fart/poop nimbus

Fart/poop nimbus

FART/POOP NIMBUS

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 2, 2015

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Definitely.

(And real(?) Kaka has much softer features ala Chichi So yeah the Toriko law of good looks == good person yet stands)

And fart/poop nimbus

Fart/poop nimbus

FART/POOP NIMBUS

My first thought was that she tore a bit of skin off of each one of them without them even realising to demonstrate the difference in strength, but after rereading I'm not so sure. Fragment of some ultra-powerful creature that terrified them into submission, like Komatsu's dragon tooth knife maybe?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Definitely.

My guess - Derous flesh.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Seebach posted:

My guess - Derous flesh.

Wouldn't they recognize a bit of the dragon king though? I mean, i know each of them have never seen one in person but they should have the instinct to recognize one of the 8 kings. I'm baffled, but I don't think its a chunk of Derous.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Toriko: The fastest way to travel is by poo poo clouds.

Rivers
Jan 19, 2007
So Kaka seems to have good intentions? Playing the role of bad cop right now it looks like

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rivers posted:

So Kaka seems to have good intentions? Playing the role of bad cop right now it looks like

Is this original kaka, or was she a fake and this one is the real kaka, time will tell.

Also I do like that indeed coco was right someone completely removed the last panel (just it was the monkey king.)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I dunno, Kaka's evilness being an act seems really weird. Like, at the point she interfered, there was nothing at all to be gained from doing so. I'd more readily accept the "there was a separate evil Kaka impostor" theory.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Worst part of this chapter?

That there is a one week break announced at the end.

No Toriko next week :cry:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Evil Kaka is a blue nitro, remember the horizontal mouth?

Ans since blue nitros are the villains du jour its not really believable for any of the three nitro chefs to be blue nitro.

Seebach posted:

No Toriko next week :cry:

Noooooooooooooo

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 3, 2015

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

See, I feel like the Nitro designated as Pair isn't going to be a bad guy per se, but that he is just going to be extremely dickish when he finally gets into it.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Well, we still don't know what motivates nitro so really Kaka can be evil as gently caress but be satisfied with the outcome and be helpful to the group as long as they satisify her needs. Seems like what the nitro did with Acacia before. Neither are going to trust one another, but when it comes to information about strange food beasts in the gourmet world, who else are you going to ask? Alternatively, when you need someone to do a mating dance with a super powerful monkey on a 100x gravity mountain, who else are you going to ask?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I could buy that if

A> Kaka wasn't a huge dick shaped douche bag wrapped within a colossal rear end in a top hat

B> Bambina didn't blast Kaka to what I'm assuming is death.

I mean according to Flashback Acacia, his disciples were incapable of defeating blue nitro. He didn't say he couldn't, but at the same time, we have these same Blue Nitro taking the full course of Acacia at less than 100% value (makes you wonder how you get a less than 100% pair without knowing that capturing pair involves a dance of love) which makes me believe that they are incapable of going against those that inhabit the area around the ingredient.

They were always stealing Air with it not being at 100%, and avoided a confrontation with Heracles.

gently caress if I know for taking Pair.

Idk, maybe Kaka has a twin and the bull fuckery is about to repeat itself.

I would enjoy it if they sent some more Neo to get wiped from existence.

Also, kinda hoping that Guemon shows up again... because yeah...

Seebach fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 4, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Seebach posted:

(makes you wonder how you get a less than 100% pair without knowing that capturing pair involves a dance of love)

I believe it was said that the fruits of the giant tree were the conventional Pair: the easier to get, but less tasty version of Pair. I'm also assuming that combining the testicles into one ball is 120% while the balls separate is 100%. I mean, who even thought about combining the two before then?

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno, Kaka's evilness being an act seems really weird. Like, at the point she interfered, there was nothing at all to be gained from doing so. I'd more readily accept the "there was a separate evil Kaka impostor" theory.

I too suscribe to this theory seeing as Evil Kaka is seen with a Vertical mouth, and the grinning Kaka at the end has an horizontal mouth.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Just so we're clear on the concept of this arc: A professional chef gets his heart ripped out, and is transported to Karate Monkey Island in a magical Train Shark to heal him with a soup made from the balls of the Monkey King, which they win in a dance-off, and then float to safety on a magical fart cloud the Monkey King gives them as a gift?

They just keep re-hashing the same old plotlines in every series I tells ya.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

KittenofDoom posted:

Just so we're clear on the concept of this arc: A professional chef gets his heart ripped out, and is transported to Karate Monkey Island in a magical Train Shark to heal him with a soup made from the balls of the Monkey King, which they win in a dance-off, and then float to safety on a magical fart cloud the Monkey King gives them as a gift?

They just keep re-hashing the same old plotlines in every series I tells ya.

You are completely wrong sir

It is a magical POOP cloud

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Doesn't the magazine go on break in 2 weeks, so does that not mean 2 weeks of no toriko

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simoom posted:

Doesn't the magazine go on break in 2 weeks, so does that not mean 2 weeks of no toriko

:stonk: Noooooooooo! One week is one thing. Two is just cruel.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I am sad today, I went to go read last weeks chapter again to get me ready for todays and forgot that it is on break...

Simoom posted:

:suicide:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

After a long hiatus, Toriko is back but only on mangastream so far.

And... Umm... Im not doing spoilers this time, but this manga is amazing in the sense that it always finds a way of getting me to say "Holy poo poo." after I think i've seen everything.

:magical:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
There's a chapter up on mangastream:

http://readms.com/r/toriko/320/2752/1

I thought it supposed to be on a break? It's super crazy, btw but that goes without saying

EDIT

poo poo, it's already been two weeks since the last post? Time loving flies

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 320 is out.

Time for only Komatsu to drink Pair again and turn back into a man. The true muscle harem starts now. :bigtran:

This manga is so good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HAH
HAAAAAAAAAAH

The world of Anime. Where men have no nipples because it the age rating would shoot up when the inevitable gender swap happens.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It...IT'S GONE!!!
Toriko never stops getting a laugh out of me.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 320 is out.

Time for only Komatsu to drink Pair again and turn back into a man. The true muscle harem starts now. :bigtran:

This manga is so good.

Words can't describe the unbelievably hilarious bullshit in this manga.

It comes out like ththbabtbthbvabhtatbathththhthaldfanvlbeiobtbzzzzzzzzzz

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
It's why this is still pretty much the only manga I've kept up with the entire time. Every chapter is something special and in it's own crazy, hosed up way.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Somehow the True Kaka looks scarier than the imposter. Her mouth's sliding around like it's trying to get comfy on her face-beak.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Seebach posted:

Toriko: ththbabtbthbvabhtatbathththhthaldfanvlbeiobtbzzzzzzzzzz

New thread title? :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Oxxidation posted:

Somehow the True Kaka looks scarier than the imposter. Her mouth's sliding around like it's trying to get comfy on her face-beak.

Evil Nitro talk like this :<

Good Nitro talk like this :v

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
In order to extract the soup from the inside of the ball that is pair...

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Evil Nitro talk like this :<

Good Nitro talk like this :v

I laughed more at this than I should have.

Incidentally, is anyone making this their soup? Knowing it changes genders and all this other jazz...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:stare: Wow, this is certainly a manga.

I'm very glad I started reading it when I did (just before the Gourmet World happened).

• Locked thread