Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
They're just making GBS threads all over the canon bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The mouths do seem a little small here, but there have been moments in the manga where the characters have had small mouths (no examples because of phoneposting, sorry).

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Huh, Gokai Yellow is the voice for Akane. I can see that working. Emi Nitta as Akari though I can't quite picture it but I'm excited to see how she handles the voice.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If Koumoto-sensei is descended from Akane, I wonder who Akane married/had kids with in the past, and why we never see or hear about them.

Suddenly-

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Sweet, finally caught up with this and the thread. This has to be The Greatest Thing to ever come out of Japan. It's just so great. I've more or less avoided harem animes, so I don't know all of the conventions and "tropes" the author is trying to break, but I did come into anime through the portal of Ranma and Tenchi (and was, shamefully, a self admitted fan of Love Hina at some point), and I suppose those are the seeds from which all harem anime sprout from.

I just like that the main character is so determined to go after the girl he loves, instead of being some wishy-washy spineless "nice guy". The slow pace seems more of the clumsy foolishness of being a teenager (and a world full of idiots) than some wimp saying he has *morals* and *wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of any of the other girls by picking one over the other*. Actually, it's interesting that the main character has the determination to reject his "childhood friend", and it's actually the other two main love interests who've been tip toeing around trying to avoid hurting each others feelings.

Also helps that the "thousands year old loli" isn't on the list of interested parties, and is perhaps the scariest (and funniest) of the cast. Also like that the main character's cast of best friends aren't just throw away card board cut outs. I still have not determined if Okada or Sakurada is my favorite.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-009-Ch-074--Let-s-compete-?id=224887

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Oh
Oh God
You can actually pinpoint the second when her heart rips in half

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Hard to have a fool proof battle plan when the ones planning it are all fools.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Zeruel posted:

Oh
Oh God

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Zeruel posted:

Oh
Oh God

and shortly afterwards, the moment when his nose breaks in half

Still the best manga. Hopefully soon to be the best anime, but that art style...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they really need to fix it so timg doesn't break spoiler tags

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mikan is relentless and it's amazing. :allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

Mikan is relentless and it's amazing. :allears:

In case there was any doubt that Mikan is best girl, this chapter should have destroyed any of it. Sorry Oka, but I want Mikan to win.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

In case there was any doubt that Mikan is best girl, this chapter should have destroyed any of it. Sorry Oka, but I want Mikan to win.

Oka's dead anyway, so he can't get Mikan unless this comic takes a really weird turn.

Joking aside, Oka's the best dude so clearly he should be paired with the best girl.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's no zombie person yet. Maybe Oka's the one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Asahi isn't going to survive this manga.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rodyle posted:

Asahi isn't going to survive this manga.

Maybe their feud will destroy the world and the story will suddenly go grimdark on us.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, the school trip. All three of them butting heads (literally) with Akane throwing in her magical bullshit as well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Chapter theme.

I can't wait for the school trip :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

CommissarMega posted:

Chapter theme.

I can't wait for the school trip :allears:

It's going to be the biggest bloodbath. :allears:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Something that's lost in the transition from printed page to online reading: the two pages where Aizawa is reacting to Mikan needling her about falling for Asahi are spaced apart by one page, so when you turn the page the reactions are both in the same place panel-wise. Also, reaction panels (like Asahi reacting to the maid of doom or Aizawa's sadface and headbutt in this chapter) seem to be spaced such that they always happen after a page turn.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Let's Go on the Scool Trip

This manga is so god drat great. Best school trip story out of Japan yet.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

It just keeps delivering, chapter after chapter.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Cynic Jester posted:

Let's Go on the Scool Trip

This manga is so god drat great. Best school trip story out of Japan yet.

oh my god every single panel.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I could barely keep up.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Wait, what the hell did l just read?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i was kinda distracted while reading it but that chapter barely made any sense

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
My school trip was never this good. I think this was what I just read. Oh no! Apocalyptic weather stopped the school trip. It's weakness is people being uninteresting. Here comes Koumoto-sensei. We're saved!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cake Attack posted:

i was kinda distracted while reading it but that chapter barely made any sense

Do not multitask, you are not good at it apparently

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Do not multitask, you are not good at it apparently

fair enough

studying is boring though

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
This series is God's gift to man.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Seemed like a pretty normal chapter to me.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ahahahaha, Akane's horn os still missing :haw: I love this manga!

And I love how Akari + Jumpsuit is so normal, it actually enforces normality. Though I am suspicious of just how nice Akane's being...

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

CommissarMega posted:

And I love how Akari + Jumpsuit is so normal, it actually enforces normality. Though I am suspicious of just how nice Akane's being...

Not only that, the missing horn is a plot point!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Theory: That horn was where all Akane's evil is stored. Nice Akane being too creepy, the Jitsu Was do their best to restore it :getin:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

chumbler posted:

Seemed like a pretty normal chapter to me.

By the end, at least.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I would love it so much if the principal and every one of her clones, from now on, has only one horn.

I didn't actually think it would happen. I'm glad it did.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was sort of hoping that Oka and Akari were gone forever because that would be the funniest outcome even if there's really no way they'd do that.

This works out anyway though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

CommissarMega posted:

Akane always shows whats up with her expressions and right now they're genuinely nice and that's weird as poo poo.

• Locked thread