Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Alouicious posted:

is that one dude not gonna be able to dance to p-funk anymore, aka literally the only good thing about michigan football last year

This was the on-field highlight of 2014-15 for all of Michigan athletics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IneWNeRFPg

"we will have none of this, here at Michigan Football Team"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Saint Bo Schembechler did not listen to George Clinton or music of any sort except the National Anthem, the Michigan Fight Song and the sweet percusion of 20 year olds giving themselves brain damage. If it wasn't good enough for Bo it's not good enough for Michigan now.

Similarly they will also refrain from ever winning any championships or bowl games

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spacebump posted:

Austin is becoming less and less weird every day. It's not nearly as hipster dominated/weird as it was 10 years ago.

Err, the hipsters weren't the ones that were keeping it weird in the first place. They kinda showed up as this first wave of the new Austin.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
A Michigan Man doesn't need music to warm up/get hyped for a game. The simple fact he is suited up and about to play a game for the Maize and Blue is enough to anger the blood.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Oh hey there, 40 posts in the thread. Must have been something good that happened. Oh, just Michigan wanting to keep it as old man friendly as possible? Ok.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Alouicious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IneWNeRFPg

"we will have none of this, here at Michigan Football Team"

lol his jersey would be a penalty now on top of it all

gently caress you too, whitey

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Saban says Taylor won't be back, admissions says he isn't a student there anymore, even with the witness recanting.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The warm up music tells you its almost football time :confused:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sash! posted:

A Michigan Man carries a pocketwatch to tell him it's almost football time.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pakled posted:

A Michigan Man is still upset there are commercial breaks not just between quarters and halves, but during the game itself!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

A Michigan Man wouldn't waste twopence on such gaudy consumerism when all you need is a simple sun dial

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Surely a true Michigan Man would simply wake up on game day, go to the stadium, and sit in silence in his seat until the game began.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

VDay posted:

Surely a true Michigan Man would simply wake up on game day, go to the stadium, and sit in silence in his seat until the game began.

Are you saying a Michigan Man leaves the house before studying his Bible for at least an hour?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Replace The Bible with a copy of The Economist and you have it pretty much right

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
It's gonna be great when UNLV beats Michigan

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

If Iowa didn't play "Back In Black" at earsplitting volume when the team walked down the tunnel I never would have known when to leave my tailgate and go into the stadium.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I wish they would play only george clinton and get rid of the band

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mahasamatman posted:

I wish they would play only george clinton and get rid of the band

Someone encase this poo poo in stone, you are a cool Michigan fan.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Thoguh posted:

Somebody should come up with a catchy slogan about making sure Austin doesn't change as hipsters become marginalized.

We must secure the existence of our city and a future for Cool Hipsters.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hearing that Baker Mayfield is apparently making a name for himself in OU's spring practices. This is intruiging and potentially going to end hilariously.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I wish they would play only george clinton and get rid of Michigan Football

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

I wish they would play only george clinton and get rid of Michigan Football

What you are saying is that they need to give up the funk?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

What you are saying is that they need to give up the funk?

Ow, we need the funk
We gotta have that funk

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Deteriorata posted:

Ow, we need the funk
We gotta have that funk

Whitest post of all time.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hearing that Baker Mayfield is apparently making a name for himself in OU's spring practices. This is intruiging and potentially going to end hilariously.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Raku posted:

Are you saying a Michigan Man leaves the house before studying his Bible for at least an hour?

I certainly do not, along with what should be watching Big Ten Ticket

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

C. Everett Koop posted:

A Michigan Man is still upset there are commercial breaks not just between quarters and halves, but during the game itself!

I don't see anything wrong with booing that red hat guy that comes on the field to signal a TV time out. If anything, he should be hung from the goal posts like Mussolini and the TV time out abolished.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It would be really amusing to me if OU went two years in a row with a hyped up piece of new hotness coming in at QB only to throw a series of soul-crunching interceptions. With how much they keep changing identities on one side of the ball or the other plus their quarterback woes, they're beginning to remind me of Late Brown-era Texas.

Edit: Hah, I just noticed how BM waves his arm after stopping as if to say "eh, gently caress it."

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 3, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

I don't see anything wrong with booing that red hat guy that comes on the field to signal a TV time out. If anything, he should be hung from the goal posts like Mussolini and the TV time out abolished.

Heckling the poo poo out of Red Hat Guy like it's somehow his fault is a proud college tradition that must stand.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

I don't see any issues with this

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Heckling the poo poo out of Red Hat Guy like it's somehow his fault is a proud college tradition that must stand.

I remember years back the local paper did an article on VT's red hat guy and humanized the hell out of him, I can't even get mad anymore. He was born and raised in the area, nice guy, etc. plus he's basically just the intermediary and his marching orders come from upstairs anyway so if you want to boo properly it's some jerk in a booth giving the OK to play red light, green light with the game.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Yeah I remember some other guys that wore a little bit of red and were just following orders, but we still hung a whole mess of them anyhow!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Will Muschamp is still an idiot: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/04/will_muschamp_responds_to_jim.html#incart_most-commented_news_article

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That isn't even what McElwain was implying.

Muschamp's reading comprehension is on par with his offensive talent evaluation.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

LeeMajors posted:

That isn't even what McElwain was implying.

Muschamp's reading comprehension is on par with his offensive talent evaluation.

I assume Muschamp's mouth moves when he reads as he traces underneath the words with his finger

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

I assume Muschamp's mouth moves when he reads as he traces underneath the words with his finger

He's the kind of guy that won't read a book because it 'doesn't have very many pictures.'

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Hey he ain't getting paid to coach reading.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm going to miss the Will Muschamp Gators. I love really bad personal fouls :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

kayakyakr posted:

Err, the hipsters weren't the ones that were keeping it weird in the first place. They kinda showed up as this first wave of the new Austin.

Austin is a text book case of some place that gets trendy for some reason and is immediately flooded by idiots who ruin whatever made the place trendy to begin with.

• Locked thread