Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Rosalina is a cute boss character when playing for fun type gameplay.
- Lucina and Ike main

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

zolthorg posted:

Rosalina is a cute boss character when playing for fun type gameplay.
- Lucina and Ike main

What?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's what it says on the packaging of my knockoff Rosalina Amiibo. "Cute boss character when playing for fun type gameplay."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Only her name is Super Space Princess Adventure.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Badass.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

She's fun to play but her B abilities seem to be mostly really useless.

do you play with custom moves on? if you do luma warp is absolutely insane

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharrrk posted:

do you play with custom moves on? if you do luma warp is absolutely insane
No, I only play For Glory 1v1 online.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My favorite stage is Pilotwings

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Also voted for Tingle, Sami, Wonder Red, Shovel Knight, Hakkun, and Mach Rider. Will vote once more for Professor Oak.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I can't believe people flagrantly disrespect the one-vote honor system like this, in spite of Sakurai's wishes.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Vote early and vote often.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i only voted once, and i don't intend to vote again. the system will work, i believe in it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like Smashville

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

i like Smashville

Same.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Love is Battlefield- Pat Benatar

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, I only play For Glory 1v1 online.

i'm sorry

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've started playing as Rosalina, and I've come to a conclusion: I don't understand her, and I get my rear end kicked always.

Rosalina is all about figuring out how to use Luma. It's all about the A moves and getting perfect spacing so Luma covers your rear end or Luma extends your range so you win every exchange. She's kind of a glass cannon.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I just had an opponent change their name to call me an OP FAHG and TRASH after I beat them a couple times with Robin. :psyduck: I don't usually give a gently caress about tier lists, but isn't Robin supposed to be one of the worst characters in the game?

EDIT: While I'm on the subject, are there any tips for how to recover well as Robin? I feel like every time I get knocked off the stage I end up having a lot of trouble getting back safely because Robin's landing lag is so loving bad.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Grab the ledge instead of landing on the stage, then you can roll on, jump on or do an edge attack by dropping down and hitting jump and an aerial.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I'm not a Robin main here, but from what I've seen, Robin doesn't really have a great recovery in terms of tricking your opponent since it's so linear. You're probably best off going for the edge and using your thunder/arcfire to disrupt off-stage opponents. You could maybe try to hit the ledge with arcfire to keep a stream of fire on stage to save the edge for yourself, but again I don't play much as Robin so this may not be so accurate.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bluff Buster posted:

I'm not a Robin main here, but from what I've seen, Robin doesn't really have a great recovery in terms of tricking your opponent since it's so linear. You're probably best off going for the edge and using your thunder/arcfire to disrupt off-stage opponents. You could maybe try to hit the ledge with arcfire to keep a stream of fire on stage to save the edge for yourself, but again I don't play much as Robin so this may not be so accurate.

Yeah, that's basically what I do in terms of recovery with Robin. Other fun ideas I use are approaching the ledge from slightly below with an air jump and then using Up Air to keep people away, then Elwinding up. When it comes to playing Robin, never recover high if you can avoid it. Recover low.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I just had an opponent change their name to call me an OP FAHG and TRASH after I beat them a couple times with Robin. :psyduck: I don't usually give a gently caress about tier lists, but isn't Robin supposed to be one of the worst characters in the game?

EDIT: While I'm on the subject, are there any tips for how to recover well as Robin? I feel like every time I get knocked off the stage I end up having a lot of trouble getting back safely because Robin's landing lag is so loving bad.

use arcfire on the ledge as you come back. go for the ledge not the ground. dropping down and jumping back up with an up air is a really good option, if you're quick you could also go for a forward air and land on the stage instead of just regrabbing the ledge. and yeah i love robin but she's not that good. if she had less lag on her specials and faster run speed that would do a lot to help her

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I just realized what these crafty bastards have done; they're keeping character speculation alive even after release, it's magnificent.

And I voted for Bayonetta and Shovel Knight. As much as I would love Travis Touchdown, I should pick people with at least a snowball's chance in hell, even if it's not much better

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I voted for george bush because there's a snowball's chance in hell he's getting in.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
No, if you want W. to win, you have to vote for Gore.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Um, you should all be voting for Ron Paul. Why can I only get coins from playing the game? I should be able to get coins from other players in return for goods and services.

End the Smash Fed :colbert:

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

sharrrk posted:

i only voted once, and i don't intend to vote again. the system will work, i believe in it

All these multivoters are having their IPs bugged and can expect a less than friendly visit from Sakurai's people once voting is over.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rorus Raz posted:

Um, you should all be voting for Ron Paul. Why can I only get coins from playing the game? I should be able to get coins from other players in return for goods and services.

End the Smash Fed :colbert:

How did you NOT say "Smash the Fed" you STUPID FUCKER

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Lucas will not be allowed at EVO

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/apr/02/lucas-banned-evo-2015s-super-smash-bros-4-tournament/

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

makes sense

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Lucas will not be allowed at that EVO. If there's another one, they'll probably allow him because he's just going to be released too close to the event date this year.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i'm sorry
Yeah it kinda sucks, but at least Smash is playable online now.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

You can find opponents in the IRC.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Just submitted my vote for a playable Sakurai.

Hey, if there were any series something like that would happen, it would be this one.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Calico Heart posted:

Just submitted my vote for a playable Sakurai.

Hey, if there were any series something like that would happen, it would be this one.

We already have King Dedede.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Everyone not voting for Reggie is a fool.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Let's get the Fat Guy from Ice Hockey

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What is everyone's wishlist for buffs on their favorite characters in the upcoming patch? I want bowser's down air to have armor, and fire breath to have less lag. And I want Ike to snap the ledge even when he uses aether facing the other way.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Give Greninja back what they took out in the original patch.

Also, re-increase the length of Little Mac's side B. Poor guy needs all the recovery he can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Robin needs less landing lag, better grab range and some speed.

• Locked thread