Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also i didnt have anyone good at lockpicking so i sent my ranger back to the stronghold and hired a rogue. jesus talk about a glass cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

also i didnt have anyone good at lockpicking so i sent my ranger back to the stronghold and hired a rogue. jesus talk about a glass cannon
my level 5? rogue is decently tough. weapon hits generate endurance and she has a few passive avoidance skills. i just send her in right behind the tank

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

Rogue is fuckign insane. You need to start the fight at range, and then wade in when enemies are tied up on your tanks. Everything dies after that.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my level 5? rogue is decently tough. weapon hits generate endurance and she has a few passive avoidance skills. i just send her in right behind the tank

i built her purely for dex + mechanics, so she's not real tough in combat. her sneak attacks loving wreck people though, and she can pick literally any lock ive seen so far

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think my rogue has like 4 constitution lmao.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Rogue is fuckign insane. You need to start the fight at range, and then wade in when enemies are tied up on your tanks. Everything dies after that.

even if she gets engaged she can go invis and run away :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I swapped my rogue out when I found the 5th story companion, but I fee lthe extra warm body in the front line makes a difference to my monk's survivability. Thinking of making Kana front line too, since he has high defensive stats iirc.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I swapped my rogue out when I found the 5th story companion, but I fee lthe extra warm body in the front line makes a difference to my monk's survivability. Thinking of making Kana front line too, since he has high defensive stats iirc.

my kana is front line, so long as you have durance ready to heal him it works great

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The problem now is I have too many dudes that I can pick on my team.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SynthOrange posted:

The problem now is I have too many dudes that I can pick on my team.

i hated sending my ranger back because i really like her character and her questline but she was not pulling her weight at all

gonna be replaying this game many times over the years methinks

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The interactions between her, the fox and farmboy are so great.

"I'm gonna pet him!"
"It's your hand."

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Be a Cipher, Rogue or Fighter. Barbarians are glass-cannon-ish in the early stages.

even moreso than cipher or rogue? drat

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well ciphers have cc abilities, and rogues can hide, but barbarians have to be right up there. I didnt take mine along long enough to get covered in armor, so that may change things, but it was really rough at the start and they dont have the inherent endurance regen that fighters have.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SynthOrange posted:

Well ciphers have cc abilities, and rogues can hide, but barbarians have to be right up there. I didnt take mine along long enough to get covered in armor, so that may change things, but it was really rough at the start and they dont have the inherent endurance regen that fighters have.

ciphers are crazy powerful, they get a level 2 spell that bounces between enemies that shreds packs like nothing

also if you roll a cipher be sure to take the talent that grants +2 focus on each soul whip hit asap

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Notorious QIG posted:

ciphers are crazy powerful, they get a level 2 spell that bounces between enemies that shreds packs like nothing

also if you roll a cipher be sure to take the talent that grants +2 focus on each soul whip hit asap

yup and yup

hate it when their spells miss though :(

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

i built her purely for dex + mechanics, so she's not real tough in combat. her sneak attacks loving wreck people though, and she can pick literally any lock ive seen so far
level 6*, and this weapon really helps

10 con/18 dex, most points in mechanics

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

duckfarts posted:

yup and yup

hate it when their spells miss though :(

it's worth it considering you get a powerful spellcaster capable of frontline combat with infinitely rechargeable spells

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bloodborne is :unsmigghh: incarnate

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
While I get that success for most games for kids are based more on the license, is there a Lego game on steam that comes recommended higher than the others? Asking for a friend. There's the LoTR games, Harry Potter, marvel, batman, etc. Fun for a little kid and a dad-gamer who would like to play something with his kid.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
pick whichever brand they best identify with.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

While I get that success for most games for kids are based more on the license, is there a Lego game on steam that comes recommended higher than the others? Asking for a friend. There's the LoTR games, Harry Potter, marvel, batman, etc. Fun for a little kid and a dad-gamer who would like to play something with his kid.
the marvel and batman ones are the best. indiana jones is the worst. none are really *bad*. but yeah, get whatever brand the kid likes most. the more recent ones have voice acting which i imagine kids will prefer

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blackula69 posted:

imagine you had to show prospective sexual partners your steam library

me: i've only played 10 of these

her: you have over 1000

me:

her:

me: :smith:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

SynthOrange posted:

The interactions between her, the fox and farmboy are so great.

"I'm gonna pet him!"
"It's your hand."

yep

"if i'm not supposed to pet him, then why is he so soft?"

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!
i've got an all story character crew, but i might roll up a cipher soon because i'm not sure it's a good idea to keep the Grieving Mother around longer than i have to :stare:

annoyingly i've hit on a bug where i'm supposed to have something new to talk to durance about, but there isn't anything. completely stalled out his questline

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
man I know it's manipulative as gently caress but th opening of last of us is so good

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i wish there was a way to play the teen lesbian part of TLOU without buying the whole game

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Scott Forstall posted:

the Lego Movie game is a good one, it's got a bit of everything. if you and the kid haven't seen the movie, do so (it's a lot of fun) then play the game.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the menu sounds are literally silent hill sounds which is enough for me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bump_fn posted:

man I know it's manipulative as gently caress but th opening of last of us is so good

Dumbass.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i made a mountain dwarf shield paladin and he is doing ok. his talking is good so now i have a massive fuckoff ogre hired at my keep. he owns

edit: this post refers to pillars of eternity, not anime jackoff bullshit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

wesley snypes posted:

annoyingly i've hit on a bug where i'm supposed to have something new to talk to durance about, but there isn't anything. completely stalled out his questline

i've been talking to him here and there using the "talk" option on the character icons trying to make it happen, but god drat he wont shut up and i end up saying 'got to go' after a little while

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Roosevelt posted:

i made a mountain dwarf shield paladin and he is doing ok. his talking is good so now i have a massive fuckoff ogre hired at my keep. he owns

edit: this post refers to pillars of eternity, not anime jackoff bullshit

ok how did you hire him i want to know

he got pretty pissed at me

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Siljmonster posted:

instead of fighting him, i talked him into leaving the spider shithole, and then i told him if he ever wanted a job he could come over. a little while after i moved on, i got big ogre to hire. he gives something like -5 prestige +5 security i think. totally worth it

edit: he got mad at me too. but i think being diplomatic about it and doing the soft sell helps to win him over

Roosevelt fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 3, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Siljmonster posted:

i got him by pointing out that sooner or later humans will come to kill him en masse and if he wants to go anywhere he may as well come to my cool keep.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

BBJoey posted:

i got him by pointing out that sooner or later humans will come to kill him en masse and if he wants to go anywhere he may as well come to my cool keep.

ya i think that may have been what i did but i think i may have used a different option. it was like "arent you sick of this dirty cave" or smth i dont remember

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Enjoying the gnashing of teeth form people who have poured $$$s into Star Citizen seeing Elite:Dangerous appearing on Steam... Now E:D is still wide and shallow and being worked on, but as far as I can see SC is a Derek Smart game for the new millennium :o:

Also this article:

http://www.wired.com/2015/03/fans-dropped-77m-guys-buggy-half-built-game/

thanks for the link; every now and then i like to stare into the abyss that is star citizen

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

bump_fn posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

qfb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

• Locked thread