Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG BIC SQUAD

BYOB Rachel posted:

haha hey guys aren't we all white on the inside what's all the fuss about

I thought people were mainly red on the inside, among other colors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
can't wait to see myself () on the BYOB QUILT

gently caress

tao of lmao

That's actually gonna be a decent-sized throw. I can see dct reading a nice book with a cup of tea and the quilt over his lap.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

you could have been if you didn't disappear another poster learns never to stop reading byob

tao of lmao

BYOB Rachel posted:

you could have been if you didn't disappear another poster learns never to stop reading byob

nah it's good to get away sometimes

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Vendor Trash posted:

nah it's good to get away sometimes

tell that to my weed rear end hat-less head

tao of lmao

BYOB Rachel posted:

tell that to my weed rear end hat-less head

i'll sell you mine

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

it's not the same it would feel dirty also i bet you're dirty

tao of lmao

nah don't worry about it i'd give it a wash and give you a good price

tao of lmao

about three fiddy

dogcrash truther

Vendor Trash posted:

about three fiddy

:poolgirl: :swish: :poolgirl:

joke_explainer

as quilt sheet organizer I would really like IAB to have a square, but I don't want you to do extra work. feel free to mail it to me and I'll sew his square on somewhere

FluffieDuckie

:siren: :toot::toot::siren:

the 308 knots are done on the quilt

see?

what, you don't see?

how about now?

oh you can't really see my hours and hours of effort? well good. that's how it's supposed to be :colbert:

next steps:

someday, not today, but someday, i'm going back into the quilt assembly room, retriving the quilt, and relocating it to the dining room table. there i will trim the excess backing and flip the quilt for the first time. i wll look at all those tiny white dots on the black fabric and start obsessing that they aren't exactly perfectly aligned, that some are larger than others and some you can't see at all bc i missed the backing with the needle.

then i will stand there for a while and decide if i can live with it or if i have to start ripping out knots and redoing them. that would be a good time for some yobber in the area to show up at my house and stage an intervention

after the intervention i'll attach bwee's tag, attach the binding, and attach wd's buttons. then i will search the house for a box the right size, then drive to the box store to buy a box and ship this mother off before it puts me in my grave

unfortunately we're leaving town for easter so there's going to be an interuption in quilting for a couple of days. which is totally a good idea at this point

also: braww you know i love you but harm's going to come to you if you try to get on this quilt at this stage of the game

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

joke_explainer

that looks completely amazing fluffie

i can't wait, we're going to be the only forum on SA with a quilt

City of Glompton

its really awesome! and if need be...couldn't you maybe hit the white threads with a black marker against the black background, to make them blend? or is that verboten?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

City of Glompton posted:

its really awesome! and if need be...couldn't you maybe hit the white threads with a black marker against the black background, to make them blend? or is that verboten?

you just blew my mind

Piso Mojado

I hope it goes to a museum where, at some point, we can all visit it and try to steal it for ourselves.

tao of lmao

It looks amazing, duck. You're awesome.

landy.
good job duckie.

I AM BRAWW
can't belive the waifu skipped me.. o well.. next year i get 2 slots. gj

gently caress

FluffieDuckie

I AM BRAWW posted:

can't belive the waifu skipped me.. o well.. next year i get 2 slots. gj

theres a joke in there about you getting a slot but i'm just too tired to think of it

also i'm a lady

Machai

Piso Mojado posted:

I hope it goes to a museum where, at some point, we can all visit it and try to steal it for ourselves.

Machai's Eleven shall successfully steal it and none shall be the wiser as we will have replaced it with a perfect handcrafted replica

alnilam

i love the quilt :yayclod:

ty manifisto

alnilam

i'm going to kiss the quilt

preferably before it gets mailed around to all the yobbers

ty manifisto

ulvir

congrats on getting this thing sorta-finished :peanut:

FluffieDuckie

ulvir posted:

congrats on getting this thing sorta-finished :peanut:

i don't think we can call it sorta finished, but we've passed the most physically painful stage so :toot:

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
dct is going to wear this thing out pretty quickly praying 5 times a day on the prayer quilt and all...

bacalou

[at exactly 4:20 pm, dct places the quilt down on the floor and removes his shoes, kneeling down on it while facing pleasant hill, missouri]

dct: [inaudible fart]

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

joke_explainer posted:

that looks completely amazing fluffie

i can't wait, we're going to be the only forum on SA with a quilt

Except for the secret quilting forum of course.

Machai

so uh, how do I win the contest and thus the quilt?

FluffieDuckie

:siren: it happened :siren:

there comes a point in every project where it all comes together. where i remember why i do this and the pain of the previous weeks just disappears.

that happened today

i took the quilt back to the dining room and trimmed off the excess backing fabric and boom it was a quilt. i wish you could all feel it because it LOOKS the same in pictures, but now instead of being this flimsy layer made up of little pieces of fabric it has weight and it feels like you're holding a quilt in your hands.

here it is acting like a quilt on a bed

i'm so overjoyed with how it turned out that i'm super chill about the backing. the fabric is actually a very dark black color but it shows up washed out in the pics. but the thing to look at is there are groupings of 4 white stiches all over the backing. well, and sometimes 3 bc of that little problem i mentioned before. but the thing is, i don't care. i love the whole thing flaws and all, and it's staying just like it is

so yeah, we did it guys. we made a quilt. it's all downhill from here

i have to stop work on it now and get ready to leave town, but on monday i'll put bwee's tag on and start on the binding. this thing will be out of here by the end of next week

tight shorts

there is so much love put into the quilt that i dont even need the quilt to feel warm inside

:blush:

mycophobia
seeing the quilt on the bed made me very happy. :)

landy.

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: it happened :siren:

there comes a point in every project where it all comes together. where i remember why i do this and the pain of the previous weeks just disappears.

that happened today

i took the quilt back to the dining room and trimmed off the excess backing fabric and boom it was a quilt. i wish you could all feel it because it LOOKS the same in pictures, but now instead of being this flimsy layer made up of little pieces of fabric it has weight and it feels like you're holding a quilt in your hands.

here it is acting like a quilt on a bed

i'm so overjoyed with how it turned out that i'm super chill about the backing. the fabric is actually a very dark black color but it shows up washed out in the pics. but the thing to look at is there are groupings of 4 white stiches all over the backing. well, and sometimes 3 bc of that little problem i mentioned before. but the thing is, i don't care. i love the whole thing flaws and all, and it's staying just like it is

so yeah, we did it guys. we made a quilt. it's all downhill from here

i have to stop work on it now and get ready to leave town, but on monday i'll put bwee's tag on and start on the binding. this thing will be out of here by the end of next week

Congratulations, fluffie

tight shorts posted:

there is so much love put into the quilt that i dont even need the quilt to feel warm inside

:blush:

City of Glompton

please accept this enthusiastic :hfive:

it's beautiful fluffie and I am impressed with your skills and patience

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Miss Psychosis

<3

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
very cool fluffie and thanks for adding in all us late people made it even more special

tao of lmao

lookin good feelin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

HUSKY DILF posted:

very cool fluffie and thanks for adding in all us late people made it even more special

It was really funny to me how dejected some of the latecomers were despite fluffie posting like, nearly every day, 'If you are late you should probably just make a submission anyway, it won't go to waste', then the latecomers were like "drat... excluded... hated... bullied out of BYOB... i can't fuckin deal with this poo poo...", it was everything I could do to not be like MAKE A PATCH SHE'S GOING TO INCLUDE EVERYBODY

• Locked thread