Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm pretty pumped to play Xenoblade. Can't wait for it to come out and distract me from my final exams so I fail and have to do an extra year of university.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
What the hell is up with the Nintendo Club website? Is their server overloaded from people spending all their coins and redeeming flipnote codes or something?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes its all on fire try during non peak hours

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Don't worry, your coins are safe with Wario.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Smoremaster posted:

What the hell is up with the Nintendo Club website? Is their server overloaded from people spending all their coins and redeeming flipnote codes or something?

It's a terribly run site. Their servers are rear end-backwards.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probably part of the reason why they are turning the servers off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
PlayStation and XBox do what Nintendon't: they have at least somewhat functional online poo poo

Nah the Nu3DS has good wifi actually but the eStore is still terrible.

Is there not a thread for Story of Seasons? My gf is addicted to it and it looks like Harvest Moon: Much Less Tedious Bullshit Edition

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing that as it is later in the day, people are hammering the site again.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

precision posted:

PlayStation and XBox do what Nintendon't: they have at least somewhat functional online poo poo

Nah the Nu3DS has good wifi actually but the eStore is still terrible.

Is there not a thread for Story of Seasons? My gf is addicted to it and it looks like Harvest Moon: Much Less Tedious Bullshit Edition

Discussion is in the General Harvest Moon thread, because if you haven't heard the story already it's literally Harvest Moon in everything but name (because the new localizers couldn't get the name).

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Smoremaster posted:

I managed to redeem Mario Golf at about 5:30 am today. Can't wait to get that Mewtwo code!

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

robot roll call posted:

I managed to redeem Mario Golf at about 5:30 am today. Can't wait to get that Mewtwo code!

I've only been trying to get Link's Awakening for the past week or so. :/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So...do gamestop and nintendo share servers?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

So...do gamestop and nintendo share servers?

at 3 when everyone was hammering gamestop's servers, apparently club nintendo was working the best it has in weeks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, having gold only was kinda sucky. I picked mario 3 because I know it owns, and I'm not huge on puzzle games before you chastize me for not getting a *shmo game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wow, having gold only was kinda sucky. I picked mario 3 because I know it owns, and I'm not huge on puzzle games before you chastize me for not getting a *shmo game

I'm going to chastise you anyway because Crashmo owns bones

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Here's my Friend Code so cool people can add me and we can play cool games together:

3454-3182-4497
Name is "Xeno"

Edit--

Himuro posted:

May I have some goon friend codes? Here's mine.

TheComicFiend posted:

1160-9721-2157

Here's mine. Wait what d'you need it for?
Added you both!

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 3, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Xenomrph posted:

Here's my Friend Code so cool people can add me and we can play cool games together:

3454-3182-4497
Name is "Xeno"

Edit--

Added you both!

Lol

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

3454-3182-4497
Name is "Xeno"

Edit--

Added you both!

Added you all cause I have no friends! My code is 1306-8417-2700.

Only have MH4 so far and a fresh character, haven't played since MH3 first came out on Wii.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Added everyone as well. Currently playing MH4!

"Etrips" 2423-5202-6356

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
If I don't have either Pushmo or Crashmo, which one should I get? (Or should I get SMB3 or the Legend of Zelda games?)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

kurona_bright posted:

If I don't have either Pushmo or Crashmo, which one should I get? (Or should I get SMB3 or the Legend of Zelda games?)

Puzzle, Platformer, or action RPG?

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Pretty much. :v:

But I already got Link's Awakening recently, so maybe I should take the LoZ games off the list.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you are going to get one and then probably the other later i would get pushmo first. if you're just gonna get one i would get crashmo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

kurona_bright posted:

Pretty much. :v:

But I already got Link's Awakening recently, so maybe I should take the LoZ games off the list.

Pushmo is all right but it's one note. If you don't really like that note you will probably get bored after a while.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You might kill your family members during the later Pushmo levels

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just don't understand how Nintendos servers can poo poo the bed for this long. I have a feeling there are separate servers that have different tasks. For instance, you connect via a login server. But in order to use a reward that server has to pass information on to another server and the handshake is just failing utterly. It's just dumb. If you get logged in, the failure rate to progress further shouldn't be so high.

Bitch moan whine.

E: And while making this post it FINALLY went through. Moral: post bitchy whine posts whenever you hit Order Reward.

E2: site appears to finally be working. Just redeemed coins, too.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 3, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

When I was a kid I used to call the Nintendo tip line all the time. For us it was a local number, so no kind of crazy charge to get hints and stuff, we only had to deal with a busy tone and hang up and dial again really fast. My fingers developed total muscle memory of that number and I could just blast it out and hit the button on the cradle to hang up the second I heard the busy signal and then dial again and again until I got through.

That is basically what getting things from them has felt like for the last couple days.

e: I mean why the gently caress do I even need to confirm my shipping address for a download code? It's just one more chance for the server to gently caress up!

e: Woo! Finally!

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 3, 2015

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Argh I can't even call support to get my account unlinked cos it's that Easter thing. Kind of wish I'd just got a copy of Monster Hunter instead of 'upgrading' my 3DS at this point

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Finally got onto the Nintendo Club site this morning after trying for 2 days and the flipnote 3d thing disappeared from my to-do list.
Didn't have time before work to spend my coins and now I can't get on again. drat you, Nintendo! :argh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Smoremaster posted:

Finally got onto the Nintendo Club site this morning after trying for 2 days and the flipnote 3d thing disappeared from my to-do list.

Mine did, too. Wasn't this supposed to be available until June or something?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Mine did, too. Wasn't this supposed to be available until June or something?

Yeah, June 30th I think.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I still can't login :smith:

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

I called Nintendo about my missing Flipnote 3D code and they don't know what the gently caress is going on. First they said the last day to get the code was 3/31, which contradicts what the reward FAQ says. When I pointed out the contradiction they realized they were wrong but weren't able to give me a code because they have no way of generating new codes I guess. They said they have to take several days to figure out why it's gone and what the hell is going on. I hope it's just a site error or something, I was irrationally excited to make some 3D flipnotes.

:negative:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Shopping list:

New 3DS
Micro SD Card
New 3DS Dock
Animal Crossing stickers

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

elf help book posted:

Shopping list:

New 3DS
Micro SD Card
New 3DS Dock
Animal Crossing stickers

Hori screen protector

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Smoremaster posted:

I called Nintendo about my missing Flipnote 3D code and they don't know what the gently caress is going on. First they said the last day to get the code was 3/31, which contradicts what the reward FAQ says. When I pointed out the contradiction they realized they were wrong but weren't able to give me a code because they have no way of generating new codes I guess. They said they have to take several days to figure out why it's gone and what the hell is going on. I hope it's just a site error or something, I was irrationally excited to make some 3D flipnotes.

:negative:

Just PMed you a code.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Ragequit posted:

Just PMed you a code.

Oh, awesome! Thank you so much!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
In Mario Kart 7, who should I be playing to replace Dry Bones + his tank from Mario Kart DS(never played MK Wii)? I have no clue why they got rid of the best character.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

In Mario Kart 7, who should I be playing to replace Dry Bones + his tank from Mario Kart DS(never played MK Wii)? I have no clue why they got rid of the best character.

Every character handles the same, what changes is your kart based on what parts you use.

Having said that, Koopa Troopa 4 lyfe. When Mario Kart 64 came out, I was PISSED that my homie Koopa Troopa had been dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's a lie, different characters have different weights that affect Speed + Acceleration.