Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

ZDar Fan posted:

I feel your pain. My rewards for my first Survivor KOTR win were Emma and Summer Rae.

I'm so diva starved I'd actually be kind of happy with those, unfortunately. I was almost kind of hoping my freebie WM would be a diva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm in a weird spot with my Supercard. I have a survivor pro AJ which basically guarantees me a Diva win, but the rest of my cards are just non-pro Fusion suvivors with one Survivor Pro Rock.

So I get destroyed by everyone who has Wrestlemania cards or other high level stuff, but AJ keeps me in the game enough to win if I get to play her.

I feel that I shouldn't get matched up at all with people who are running 5 Wrestlemania cards, but here we are.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorDelaware posted:

I finally won a Survivor KOTR! First one I've won since Ultra Rare! I can't wait to find out what I--

*Ted DiBiase*

*Cameron*

...oh, gently caress you.

Look man I took first yesterday and got Eva Marie and a loving Uso, I don't want to hear it from you.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

simosimo posted:

What's with the latest DLC for 2k15? I don't remember this little lot being on their release schedule? It seems to have no theme either (Classic WWF, new gen) so I guess they're just chucking stuff out there people will buy? Why not? :)

This DLC has been part of the season pass since day 1. It's the "Path of the Warrior" showcase.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Blasmeister posted:

Also I am unreasonably upset that 2k15 didn't put the full Rude Awakening in the game. Where are my hip gyrations?!
Pretty sure it was in 2k14, and 2k14 & 2k15 appear to use the exact same animation skeletons, so there is literally no reason for it to not be included other than "we forgot and we're too dumb to check these things."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah the macho animations and the new stone cold ones are cool. Rainbow Madness and Beer-based offense

Also I am unreasonably upset that 2k15 didn't put the full Rude Awakening in the game. Where are my hip gyrations?!

Look, you can either have him wearing a robe for his entrance, or the correct Rude Awakening, but not both.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blasmeister posted:

Do you know how hard that would be to animate? They would have to actually put in effort.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

pressedbunny posted:

Pretty sure it was in 2k14, and 2k14 & 2k15 appear to use the exact same animation skeletons, so there is literally no reason for it to not be included other than "we forgot and we're too dumb to check these things."

I'm pretty sure it is still in there, they just animated a new one for the DLC. The hip swinging one should be one of the sitout neckbreakers, while the new DLC one looks like he lands on his back at a different angle.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Look man I took first yesterday and got Eva Marie and a loving Uso, I don't want to hear it from you.

Numbers-wise, it's about even. DiBiase's really bad.

In terms of how cool the characters are...yeah, I kinda won this one in a walk. You have my condolences.

In other stupid game commentary: I'd forgotten how annoying it is to get energy cards when you actually need them.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Havoc904 posted:

I'm pretty sure it is still in there, they just animated a new one for the DLC. The hip swinging one should be one of the sitout neckbreakers, while the new DLC one looks like he lands on his back at a different angle.

If it's still in there you could always edit his moveset to give him the correct one.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I remember seeing something about daily login rewards for Supercard. When does that start?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

AlmightyPants posted:

I remember seeing something about daily login rewards for Supercard. When does that start?

Starts today, if I remember correctly.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorDelaware posted:

Numbers-wise, it's about even. DiBiase's really bad.

Yeah I know, but Teddy Deebs is my all-time favorite and I really need a second one. And his stats are kind of appropriate imo. He's not one of those guys like Dusty who are just inappropriately lovely. He should be in the 3200s for charisma, minimum.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I ended up not using my Ted Diabiase and Rick Rude pairs, as I already have some partially-trained mediocre sur-pros (mizddow/reigns/kane/Ambrose) so I'll combine them and use them for fusion fodder instead. The line I've drawn for 'Do I bother to max this card or leave it at barely better than a survivor fusion?' is currently at Chris Jericho, but now there are Wrestlemania tier cards that top out at just below a maxed Survivor pro, I guess I should just max them all anyway for RtG. I managed to score the pair of Brets from the last RtG somehow - the diffculty curve plateaud abruptly at the WM cena card tier, and I was able to scrape out +3 fights all the way to the finish with a mid-high Survivor++ tier deck. Surprising, but I wonder if they'll make it harder next time.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

BlueArmyMan posted:

That's what I thought too but I haven't gotten anything yet.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

During the Path of the Warrior DLC for WWE 2K15, you do the match vs Hogan at WrestleMania 6 in Toronto. King makes some comment about how there might be future WWE Superstars in attendance. Edge, Christian, Lance Storm, and Renee Young all attended that WrestleMania, which I thought was a cool easter egg. They were probably mostly referring to Edge, though.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
What I've seen of the DLC looks quite nice.

Hot Take: 2K should follow WWE's lead and just make games with legends and a few current guys.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Which version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has a more easily accessible and up-to-date roster file, the PS2 version or the PSN version?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

BlueArmyMan posted:

It was supposed to but they ran into some issues and I guess weren't able to get it working on the server side alone. They're going to have to push through an app update before the daily login bonuses start.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CVagts posted:

Which version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has a more easily accessible and up-to-date roster file, the PS2 version or the PSN version?

PSN. It's all digital files. All you need is a USB and a possibly a program or two to convert a file to the proper one.

With a PS2 you world need a PS2 memory card adaptor for your computer I believe and a max replay cheats disc or something similar. That all costs more money compared to dling a few programs.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I have a cheat device and the programs for PS2 saves I think. I was just curious if either community was more up-to-date with the roster files.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CVagts posted:

I have a cheat device and the programs for PS2 saves I think. I was just curious if either community was more up-to-date with the roster files.

They are all the same community

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Though there's more files for the PS2 version than the PS3 version. I know the only current packs for the PS3 are the DJKM 2015 starter pack. There's way more variety in PS2 save packs than the PS3 ones.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GenericMartini posted:

Though there's more files for the PS2 version than the PS3 version. I know the only current packs for the PS3 are the DJKM 2015 starter pack. There's way more variety in PS2 save packs than the PS3 ones.

To be fair all that takes is the right programs to transfer or begging people to do them for you.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

projecthalaxy posted:

Freddie Blassie rules idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0lBTcEm0U

KungFu Grip posted:

To be fair all that takes is the right programs to transfer or begging people to do them for you.

Yeah Fire Pro people are usually cool people.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I mean I converted like 30 of them, poo poo's easy once I get bothered to remember how to convert them.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
In my 1998 TEW game, Road Warrior Animal's 5 month WWF Title reign has come to an end, Kane finally took the title off him.

It's a sad day.

Edit: lol it was a triple threat match with Double J. Ah what could have been. The Rock wasn't even booked on the show.

Edit2: haha HHH put himself over Kane on the very next show in a non-title match. Ah how art imitates life

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 3, 2015

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

In my 1998 TEW game, Road Warrior Animal's 5 month WWF Title reign has come to an end, Kane finally took the title off him.

It's a sad day.

Edit: lol it was a triple threat match with Double J. Ah what could have been. The Rock wasn't even booked on the show.

Edit2: haha HHH put himself over Kane on the very next show in a non-title match. Ah how art imitates life

At least if Animal had to go down it was a fellow legend like Kane to take the title

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

KungFu Grip posted:

I wanted to convert some myself but the links to the converter on Fire Pro Club are dead.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

GenericMartini posted:

I wanted to convert some myself but the links to the converter on Fire Pro Club are dead.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/

The Club is pretty dead now but the arena is still pretty active and everyone from the club is pretty much there now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Does anyone have any experience creating Alliances in TEW? Are they useful?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

Does anyone have any experience creating Alliances in TEW? Are they useful?

I've created one or two and my takeway is that an Alliance is a bit more useful than a Working Agreement but in a slightly better way. The Alliance lets you trade talent like Working Agreements but it also lets you sign one of the other company's wrestlers to a written contract. So its kind of a useful cheat to "steal" talents without breaking your defacto "Working Agreement." It also lets you cheat a little if you include your Child Promotion in the Alliance since then you also have the defacto Working Agreement with them and can trade some talent around for whatever reason.

Its not some major thing but I think it opens up some more options if you like borrowing talent or loaning yours out on excursions. I like bringing in foreign talents who might not negotiate with me directly and sending some of my guys I'm not using on foreign excursions. So I find it fun. I also sometimes do something like loan one of my talents to my Child Company while keeping him on my roster. Its not major, just a little versatility for little game stuff.

As far as the AI it leads to companies trading talent more which is kind of fun to watch. Its kind of cool to make an alliance with two companies and then see them start working with each other. But I really think that's it. Its mostly just things that you might find make the game a little more fun to watch or play but don't really dramatically affect things.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Cool, thanks! I might as well give it a shot, since right now I'm low-level ECW and not really planning on expanding into Japan aggressively for a while anyway.

Edit: How can you send your guys out on excursions? Or does it have to be a trade, where you take one of their guys too?

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 4, 2015

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Cool, thanks! I might as well give it a shot, since right now I'm low-level ECW and not really planning on expanding into Japan aggressively for a while anyway.

Edit: How can you send your guys out on excursions? Or does it have to be a trade, where you take one of their guys too?

If you're in an alliance, the other members can simply take a guy on loan without you doing anything. In my experience, they only do this with VERY over guys who fit their wrestling style.

In my game I frequently have Chris Jericho (despite his age) taken out on loan by the Japanese and Mexican members of my alliance, while the couple of American companies take my most charismatic/over guys regardless of in ring ability

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

It's a sad day.

In my 96 TEW game Road Warrior Hawk has been WCW world champion.

For a year.

And Hulk Hogan has not received a single title shot in the 2 years I have been playing. So it's not all bad.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 6, 2015

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been out of the loop for a while. Just fired up 2k14 again in my new home. Did they take down XBox Live capability for 2k14 now? Can I download no one else?

Also, trying to get it to remember all the custom theme songs I have to stream to it. I always forget how to do that.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

ChrisBTY posted:

In my 96 TEW game Road Warrior Hawk has been WCW world champion.

For a year.

And Hulk Hogan has not received a single title shot in the 2 years I have been playing. So it's not all bad.

Meanwhile in the Monday Night Wars thread, William Regal is WCW Champion after forcing Randy Savage into retirement, Cactus Jack just took the WWF title off Goldust in a 6-man Hell In The Cell, and Kurt Angle is Heyman's corporate ECW Champion.

Brightest Timeline.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sanguinia posted:

Meanwhile in the Monday Night Wars thread, William Regal is WCW Champion after forcing Randy Savage into retirement, Cactus Jack just took the WWF title off Goldust in a 6-man Hell In The Cell, and Kurt Angle is Heyman's corporate ECW Champion.

Brightest Timeline.

Holy hell it's worse/better than I thought. Not only has Hogan not received a single title shot, he has only had 6 matches in the last year and a half.
And I love everything that's going on in that thread, even Kid Rock. Wondering what the hell happened to make Mark Henry a contest prize though, because he sure isn't a prize in the base mod.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's both sad & realistic that as you grow ECW's popularity in 1998 and get on better networks, you also can't do barbed wire matches and such anymore :smith:

Maybe I'll run a few non-TV/PPV events to run some jobbers through the meatgrinder once a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

The WWE 2k mobile game got released today, anyone spent eight bucks to find out how good that is yet?