Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BadLlama posted:

The missions are retarded and the game is much better if you just ignore that they exist.
You'll change your tune when you see me rollin' by in my slick new T28 Concept. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

You'll change your tune when you see me rollin' by in my slick new T28 Concept. :colbert:

I just need to finish the Stug LT missions to get crackin on the T28 Proto (the only mission tank I actually want).

I just have not convinced my clan mates to do it with me :smith:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
More BAOR stuff: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585027&pagenumber=431&perpage=40#post443564345

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BadLlama posted:

The missions are retarded and the game is much better if you just ignore that they exist.

but my tank waifu

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Azhais posted:

but my tank waifu

They are adding voices for them soon™. Glorious French ladies in the CDC was the best choice.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WayAbvPar posted:

I have seen one T-55A in game, so it isn't completely impossible, but I would be willing to bet it is effectively impossible without gaming it somehow. My suspicion is that the large clans collude/count in and hope to land on opposite sides. We should start doing that...might be suspicious if clanmates did it, but we have enough goons who aren't in PANSY to try it out.

I am happy to help with missions (in the traditional sense or otherwise). Although apparently I am not much help if my hideous run with Hellsau last night is any indication.

HT12 is actually one of those missions that was the least painful to complete, I landed on Karelia as an E75 and I just kinda hid my lower front plate behind some dead teammate while shooting ever last shell I had at whatever was available and I got it on my first (or second try).

Lemme find the replay if you're interested. Welp, found it, it's basically me losing after farming the mission requirements and having two brave [2PAC] platoonmates die pointlessly. Still got my T55A.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
You know how you can't cede control of the map to an enemy team and expect to win?

Well that wisdom gets hotly contested when you're on a team of oranges.

"XVM says we're only 19% to win, better camp."

"You historically give up the map, that why you're at 19% to win. Push up."

"That won't help."

Team collapses.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 2, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

You know how you can't cede control of the map to an enemy team and expect to win?

Well that wisdom gets hotly contested when you're on a team of oranges.

"XVM says we're only 19% to win, better camp."

"You historically give up the map, that why you're at 19% to win. Push up."

"That won't help."

Team collapses.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

I'm still not done wiping my face with my hand, please give me an hour.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

I'm still not done wiping my face with my hand, please give me an hour.

You only need one hand to click with arty :c00l:

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I could never make that tank work well. I got a lot better after fully upgrading it and accepting that it was never going to be the IS-3, and instead treated it like the world's fattest medium. Any tips?

Bad news. I sold the IS-8 after maybe 10 games. The rest are from when the IS-4 was still a tier 9.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I played my IS-8 the same way as my IS-3.Be super aggressive, always shoot things in the face, never expect your armor to do poo poo for you. I had a blast in the thing.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

You only need one hand to click with arty :c00l:

I have to adjust mah chassis!

I'm just a simple country lawya, your honor, I have no knowledge of these dealings!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BadLlama posted:

Also AW missed their Q1 Beta testing launch but there doesn't seem to be outrage which really surprises me.

Why would there be outrage? They haven't started charging people money for early access yet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Why would there be outrage? They haven't started charging people money for early access yet.

Cause my internet pixels tank game lied to me about when I may get to play :qq:

I have seen people throw fits for less.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Steelion posted:

I played my IS-8 the same way as my IS-3.Be super aggressive, always shoot things in the face, never expect your armor to do poo poo for you. I had a blast in the thing.

Yeah I love mine now I have all the modules for it, it was miserable before I got the top engine. I play mine really aggressively and it's working out pretty well, second best stats for me after my M6. I generally chill with the main bulk of heavies then use its speed for aggressive flanking as soon as the opportunity arises.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

WayAbvPar posted:

Make it a combo of spotting and damage dealt or something.

Can you tell I have been stuck on LT-15 for the T28HC for a loving month? Not bitter at all. Not me.

It's pretty situational, but don't forget that tracking damage DOES count. I got LT-15 for the T28 HTC done that way. Only 3k spotting damage, but over 3k tracking damage as well! Went balls to the walls in my RU251 towards end of battle, permatracked an E-75, then an AMX 50 120. Good times!

Edit: Haha nah! That would be something wouldn't it?
VVVVVVVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 3, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Does it count damage YOU do after you track someone? That would be nice.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

WayAbvPar posted:

I am happy to help with missions (in the traditional sense or otherwise). Although apparently I am not much help if my hideous run with Hellsau last night is any indication.

Just to be more specific here - I got 2050 spotting damage in my RU 251, WayAbvPar got 2400 damage, and I got 2 kills. My requirements were 2000 spotting, 2 kills, and platoonmates deal 1500. I did not finish the mission - I actually got 2050 assist damage, 1700 spotting and 350 tracking. gently caress me for shooting a tank in the track I guess.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

I got that Ke-Ho because of your video :boom:

And here was a good game:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I got that Ke-Ho because of your video :boom:

And here was a good game:

God drat, if your teammates in the east actually aggressively push/shoot poo poo you spot in middle, your team would win easily and you'd clear so many credits. Also lol just kidding they camped J0 and your team lost horribly.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I just had a look at the missions, for the Stug I don't want - I've finished the med one but it won't let me improve the result on some of them because it says only 1 mission can be active at a time, do I have to claim the lady first since I dunno where I want her yet and if so why is that a 'mission'?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Fat Jesus posted:

I just had a look at the missions, for the Stug I don't want - I've finished the med one but it won't let me improve the result on some of them because it says only 1 mission can be active at a time, do I have to claim the lady first since I dunno where I want her yet and if so why is that a 'mission'?

Yes. Once you claim her, you can improve results on other missions in that vehicle type. You can make her a crew member of any tank you have researched; it doesn't have to be in your garage.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Ive been stuck on spg-11 for the t28 For almost 2 months. loving pubbies never bunch up and when they do my HE shell pens a tank I wasnt aiming at and does 0 splash.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Always shoot gold.

It is pretty map dependent too. Serene Coast is where I got mine (all the pubbies bunched up on the peninsula).

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Snakes in a can posted:

Ive been stuck on spg-11 for the t28 For almost 2 months. loving pubbies never bunch up and when they do my HE shell pens a tank I wasnt aiming at and does 0 splash.

I wish I had a T92 just so I could get that splash done. I don't know if the S-51 top gun can cut it.

That, or I'm banking on a Bishop shell directly between the tracks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Only 3 games in tonight and already blue this is loving awful tonight.

See the white player with a FCM 50 and a -1 near his name? Guess who he ran right into the back of going full speed to get that TK.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 3, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BadLlama posted:

Only 3 games in tonight and already blue this is loving awful tonight.

Yeah, I was about 2 for 20 and nothing even vaguely close

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So running tier8 scout platoons is pretty OK, better than running solo, since you more or less guarantee the other team also will have 3 LTs. Had this game the other day with diogenespanda and FrenchArmy.
It had pretty much everything, double-teaming tanks with AMX 13 90, me getting blapped early and got carried, a solid turn-around of a losing game and a surprising twist in the end. Watch from 3.10 to see an hilarious case of tunnel vison on the enemy teams AMX 13 90.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNCojK-zAFc

Also, a game some weeks ago with WayAbvPar and Distracted_SA. This is how you get carried in the LT mission.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHK-lLkEZFU
Once again I get blapped early, but my toon mates carry me to victory. It was an extremely close game as well as including a fair amount of bitching at our toon mates.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I was top rock shooter tonight on the NA server!

[e]: Medal Awarded: Geologist

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 3, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
my e75 is loving cursed

e: I did get a second mark of excellence in the thing after a 4500 damage curbstomp loss to some 4k wn8 unicum superplatoon.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 3, 2015

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?
Sometimes you CAN have a good game... in between all the poo poo ones.

Arty: G.W. Panther: 6 shots, 6 hits. 1 shot was best shot.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1762768#cliff-2tanked2drive-g_w_panther

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mephistopheles posted:

Sometimes you CAN have a good game... in between all the poo poo ones.

Arty: G.W. Panther: 6 shots, 6 hits. 1 shot was best shot.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1762768#cliff-2tanked2drive-g_w_panther

Good shootin'

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Very first game in the Tort, using the 20pdr... (2500 dmg blocked.)

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

What's going on with Guerrillas? I mean there might be something happening with the CW clans in general, but I noticed that Sela's in BULBA now and plays CS:GO for some reason, and then I noticed that -G- is down like 20 players.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

BadLlama posted:

See the white player with a FCM 50 and a -1 near his name? Guess who he ran right into the back of going full speed to get that TK.

I'm surprised a bot couldn't swerve around you. I mean, 2k battles and a stunning 28.48 overall WN8 pretty much means it has to be a bot. Right?

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

Steelion posted:

my e75 is loving cursed

e: I did get a second mark of excellence in the thing after a 4500 damage curbstomp loss to some 4k wn8 unicum superplatoon.

I think we just had poo poo luck the entire time. By the end of our runs, I was feeling much like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mFlANJ3Ew&t=43s

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Atomizer posted:

What's going on with Guerrillas? I mean there might be something happening with the CW clans in general, but I noticed that Sela's in BULBA now and plays CS:GO for some reason, and then I noticed that -G- is down like 20 players.

Even more left in February (including officers like Pope_Shizzle) and never rejoined another clan. My guess is apathy finally caught up with them.

February Join/Quits:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 3, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

There's a special today through April 7th for $25 that gives you 2500 gold, 7 days of premium, a Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f), and a garage slot.

How good is the B2? It only sees tier 4, right? Seems pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Uranium 235 posted:

There's a special today through April 7th for $25 that gives you 2500 gold, 7 days of premium, a Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f), and a garage slot.

How good is the B2? It only sees tier 4, right? Seems pretty good.

Great in seal clubbin' platoons.

:getin: