Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

everybody posting itt is gonna play both campaigns this is a false binary meant to sow discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

epitasis posted:

everybody posting itt is gonna play both campaigns this is a false binary meant to sow discord

yes but which will they play first

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what if the kingdom you play second is the one represented in the True Ending of the third path.........

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

epitasis posted:

what if the kingdom you play second is the one represented in the True Ending of the third path.........

the third path is where you say gently caress you to both so

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

yes but which will they play first

Hoshido first to learn the new systems/items/classes/skills etc.
Nohr second for the challenge.

Every other playthrough will be the DLC "gently caress 'em all" campaign.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

epitasis posted:

When i was a kid playing Saga Frontier, this is why I wanted to play Blue last, because I thought he would be the coolest.

I hope Nohr doesn't let me down in a similar way.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Lotish posted:

When i was a kid playing Saga Frontier, this is why I wanted to play Blue last, because I thought he would be the coolest.

I hope Nohr doesn't let me down in a similar way.

This is the saddest thing I have ever read. Shoulda saved Red, though I can forgive you for not realizing that beforehand because he looks like such a tool.

I'm probably going to play Hoshido first so that I can really savor the experience of the Nohr campaign. Inevitably I'm going to play through this entire game at least three times.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Going to baby emblem after playing Nohr sounds miserable, so I have to play Hoshido first.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Having access to grinding is something I prefer to save for second playthroughs when I'm more familiar with what I'd be getting out of it, so I will start with Nohr.

However, I expect that the Nohr campaign will also have post-game grind capabilities. Just none during the game proper. I know that this will be true, because I want it to be.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am probably just going to play through both simultaneously so that I can argue about both games at the same time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm really curious what the first 6 stages are, since that big cutscene with both families is probably when the split happens. Do you start as Nohr military, regardless?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I'm really curious what the first 6 stages are, since that big cutscene with both families is probably when the split happens. Do you start as Nohr military, regardless?
I feel like you'll get a couple of chapters with each. My thoughts:

1-2: Nohr
3: Monster attack separates you from Nohr
4-5: Hoshido
6: Clash between the two armies, and you choose your side mid-battle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

e: yeah that

Tae posted:

Probably starting off with some Nohr chapters, you get lost near the borders and meet the dancer and the Hoshidan family, then Nohr suddenly starts invading and you're forced to pick sides.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Female Morgan is the best character in a lot of ways

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Almost all the Awakening characters are very funny and charming and I like them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Female Morgan is the best character in a lot of ways

In what ways is she not?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In what ways is she not?

Accent. Gregor wins that one.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's true

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If Fire Emblem If is a burger then Hoshido is the part of the bun that slides over the patty and you grudgingly have to eat just straight bun before you can get to the good stuff (Nohr).

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so, what if after the main character in Fire Emblem dies and Chrom is searching everywhere, he appears in your room and tells you that he has finally found you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

According to some sites, Japan is getting the same option of a One Cartridge/buy all 3 in one digital package. So...is selling the split just a really weird way of testing the waters on where to take the franchise story-wise?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

According to some sites, Japan is getting the same option of a One Cartridge/buy all 3 in one digital package. So...is selling the split just a really weird way of testing the waters on where to take the franchise story-wise?

They're getting the complete version some time after the two single path versions are released. At least I think that's what people have been saying.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Anime Curator posted:

so, what if after the main character in Fire Emblem dies and Chrom is searching everywhere, he appears in your room and tells you that he has finally found you.

I'd send him to anime jail for breaking and entering.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I'll probably do Hoshido first because, although Nohr is clearly better and more interesting, it'd be weird to do the easier path second.

Though really if Hoshido wanted to make this a contest they should have forced your younger brother to not be an archer. He's got to be the shame of the family.

Tae posted:

If I had to take a stab at the flow of the first act, I'm betting MU will end up in Hoshido while dealing with bandits on the Nohr-Hoshido border, perhaps mistaken for bandits from Nohr. Somehow Hoshido will figure out MU is their long lost prince/princess while his adopted family rush to "rescue" him from Hoshido, which leads right in chapter 6. I'd bet MU is some kind of prophesied or unique person who can transform into a dragon which is why he was taken in the first place and probably how Hoshido recognizes him.

That gives the game just enough time to do the requisite lord(MU) plus a few close attendants vs bandits intro chapter plus two chapters for both Nohr and Hoshido. It's just barely enough time to give you enough information to base your choice on when you hit chapter 6. At least if you haven't already made your choice 9 months before the game has come out in your region.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tae posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/02/fire-emblem-screenshots-takes-us-inside-black-kingdom-white-kingdom/

New info:
-Nohr is limited resource Fire Emblem, like 7 and below
-Hoshido is like 8, Awakening in having an open world

That's why they're calling Nohr harder, because of limited resources.

Also, :siren: Game will be released June 25th in Japan :siren:

Geez they're really making the Nohr version better in every possible way, huh?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nohr just keeps on sounding better and better, doesn't it? It's interesting how, rather than decide on one type of play over the other, they simply decided that everyone wins and the next game will be both at once.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

They then decided to pokemon it, because this job is still about the fuckin' money.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pokemon isn't anywhere near this scale of difference, though

it's like, a few exclusive pokemon and the guys you beat up where different clothes (except actually that's the exception rather than the rule and it really is just some version exclusives)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It's also a good test for what direction to take the series in the future. If Nohr does better, than the traditional style of game sells better, ergo make more games like that.

Conversly if Hoshido does better...

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
"my batshit doomsday cult will summon A DIFFERENT POKEMON to realize my vision for the world"

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

epitasis posted:

I can't wait for more anarchy reigns black red path/white red side bullshit.

I doubt they'll do this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Onmi posted:

It's also a good test for what direction to take the series in the future. If Nohr does better, than the traditional style of game sells better, ergo make more games like that.

Conversly if Hoshido does better...

On the one hand, we have a tougher game with a tighter difficulty curve (read: one at all) and a more interesting story
On the other hand, we have cool pegasus knights

It's a tough choice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If Nohr gets rear end in a top hat Reinforcements and Hoshido doesn't then my decision may very well be swayed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

Geez they're really making the Nohr version better in every possible way, huh?

I like that they still don't have feet.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

I like that they still don't have feet.

yeah they do. watch the first trailer again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

What was the deal with Awakening and feet, anyway? Something like, they didn't figure out how to implement feet in the character models until it was literally too late?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

What was the deal with Awakening and feet, anyway? Something like, they didn't figure out how to implement feet in the character models until it was literally too late?

Basically, they underestimated the 3ds specs.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
nah, they underestimated how much power the 3ds had and tried to cut corners on the character models when they didn't really need to.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They're getting the complete version some time after the two single path versions are released. At least I think that's what people have been saying.
This was mentioned earlier but If you're familiar with Monster Hunter, it'll probably be like how 4->4G->4U was handled.

Japan pays out the rear end for all the separate parts, and America (maybe Europe) has to wait but we get the compilation version of the game all at once, and probably still the third campaign as DLC. The delay is both because of localization and because that level of "holy poo poo you're gouging us for money" doesn't really fly in America like it does in Japan.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

They weren't sure the game/3DS could handle rendering all of the joints needed for movement without lagging (turns out it can) until everything was too far in development to go back and modify. They went with "no feet" because that was the least important part to model.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

God bless otaku if they singlehandedly keep IS afloat. I still remember one acquaintance who bought the Japanese version for Awakening, then the American version, and (I think) all the DLC for both, to say nothing of capture board 3DSes for both version.