Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Hence why Season 31 will be awesome. First all-returnee season since HvV!
It is kind of weird, though, that the season aired as 31 will actually be filmed AFTER the season which will be aired as 32.
So S31 will probably be called "Second Chances" and S32 will be called "Cambodia".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

DurosKlav posted:

Welcome to my world. Except in my case its always been like that. Everytime the thread starts talking about past seasons I kind of have to just skip it all because I dont remember who the hell you guys are talking about most of the time.

The first several seasons I could remember every single cast member, and even their boot order. But now, if they haven't been on the show more than once, or weren't particularly memorable, they're out of my mind.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Spatula City posted:

Hence why Season 31 will be awesome. First all-returnee season since HvV!
It is kind of weird, though, that the season aired as 31 will actually be filmed AFTER the season which will be aired as 32.
So S31 will probably be called "Second Chances" and S32 will be called "Cambodia".

Less time for spoilers to leak, I guess?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ColdBlooded posted:

Looking closer and :lol: at Angie Layton being on the list :wtc:

Boobs. Like hey, I'm sure that would bring in some viewers.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How quickly we forget Morgan

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kelly from S29? Seriously? :psyduck:

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Poque posted:

yesss my two favorites are immune, gently caress ANYBODY ELSE

Same.

fake edit: like anyone here wouldn't jump at the opportunity to pee on Dan.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Rarity posted:

I'd rather see her again than someone like Angie "Cookies?" Layton. I was bummed that she got taken out when she did just because Missy hated her dad. From what little we saw of her, she seemed to get Survivor way better than more than half of the other people from 29.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Do they have enough Kellys for an All-Kelly season yet? It would be one way to ensure a Kelly win.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
FvF Girls v Boys season. The all-male tribe is all new players named Kelly.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I kind of have a bad feeling they're going to string us along all season with the "Rodeny flipping on Mike" thing and then they're going to end up being apart of a final three together.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do they have enough Kellys for an All-Kelly season yet? It would be one way to ensure a Kelly win.

"The first person voted out of Survivor: Too Many Kellys is.....Kelly."
*Everybody but Kel from S2 stands up*

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

People keep talking about this season having some twist we haven't seen yet. Did Jeff say something like that?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Rick posted:

I kind of have a bad feeling they're going to string us along all season with the "Rodeny flipping on Mike" thing and then they're going to end up being apart of a final three together.

I would be surprised if the blue collars marched through the season in unison and on top. There are a bunch of variables that make them a shaky looking squad who might not be able to maintain dominant position: Rodney's obvious volatility, Dan's complete lack of social skills, Mike's questionable strategic gameplay (throwing the challenge, voting out Joaq instead of Joe, having Will vote for Hali as a sign of trust), and Siera having been burned by those guys in the past. Carolyn, Tyler and Will all still seem very much up-for-grabs at this point as well. I agree with whoever posted that it was a good call for the no collars to vote out the sanest person on the tribe. They could stay intact for sure and pick off the no collars, but a lot could go wrong too.

I was a little surprised to see Will jump ship, but I guess it wasn't entirely unprecedented. He might've gone with Vince and Nina at the beginning of the season if it wasn't for Nina approaching him about his health.

Jenn is a total badass, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of moves she tries to make next week. However, I've noticed that she can be a bit abrasive socially. Her whole bit at TC making fun of the dramatic language people were using to describe the lines in the sand that were about to be drawn was great, but I feel like that's the sort of thing that could hurt her long-term if she makes it to the end.

It all comes down to those 3 floaters (Carolyn, Tyler, Will). I think they all basically made the right call because one would rather go to the end with anybody on blue collar rather than somebody like Jenn or Joe. Unfortunately, I'm wondering if Shirin's presence in the NC alliance will make it so Carolyn and Tyler just don't want to play with them.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

People keep talking about this season having some twist we haven't seen yet. Did Jeff say something like that?
Yeah. He said this season they're finally going to have a twist they've been considering for a long time. Said this is the right cast for it.

People have guessed at it possibly being like a vote canceling power, or a double vote power, something like that. Those are just unsupported guesses though. I'm surprised it hasn't come up on the show yet, at least in a hint, now that we're post merge. I feel like this is around the time the tree mail came out about the Tyler Perry idol on Cagayan.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The twist is that they transformed Vince into a bee.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I don't want any more returnees until Survivor: Crazy Island where they just get all the lunatic players together in one season.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Poque posted:

The twist is that they transformed Vince into a bee.

:vince:

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?

nerox posted:

I don't want any more returnees until Survivor: Crazy Island where they just get all the lunatic players together in one season.

Surely the possibility of Abi-Maria, J'Tia, and Shane being on the same island would be more than enough crazy for one season.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah. He said this season they're finally going to have a twist they've been considering for a long time. Said this is the right cast for it.

People have guessed at it possibly being like a vote canceling power, or a double vote power, something like that. Those are just unsupported guesses though. I'm surprised it hasn't come up on the show yet, at least in a hint, now that we're post merge. I feel like this is around the time the tree mail came out about the Tyler Perry idol on Cagayan.

I'm going to guess that it involves the jury, which should start getting members next week. Maybe the jury gets to eliminate a castaway or decide who makes it into the F3?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Maybe there's no jury and 'MERICA gets to vote.

please god no

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Im afraid it might be the twist swedish version or survivor loves which is a challenge at f4 between jury members and winner gets back to the game. We all know jeff loves redemption Island so I wouldn't count this lovely idea out of the question yet.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Has anyone ITT auditioned for Survivor before? I really want to.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Nexal posted:

Im afraid it might be the twist swedish version or survivor loves which is a challenge at f4 between jury members and winner gets back to the game. We all know jeff loves redemption Island so I wouldn't count this lovely idea out of the question yet.

Too similar to the Outcasts twist from Pearl Islands which everyone hated, I think.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Piell posted:

Too similar to the Outcasts twist from Pearl Islands which everyone hated, I think.

100x worse. if I were on a jury and a finalist was somebody who was out of the post-merge game for 5-6 votes I would go on a rant against that person winning. at least the outcasts in PI came in at like F12 or so.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Somebody's loved one gets to enter the game!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

Somebody's loved one gets to enter the game!

That would only be good tv if Rodney has a twin brother.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Binary Logic posted:

That would only be good tv if Rodney has a twin brother.

"Hey douchebags gathah round. This is my twin brothah Crodney. He definitely didn't murdah our sistah eithah."

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Poque posted:

"Hey douchebags gathah round. This is my twin brothah Crodney. He definitely didn't murdah our sistah eithah."

:chanpop:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Rodney is like the bastard child of Coach (self-unawareness), Tony (erratic playstyle), and Brandon (murderous temper). Maybe throw in Amazon Roger's misogyny. It's amazing.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
Season 31 thoughts:

Please God, give me a tribe with Shane, Kass, and Abi Maria.

Otherwise, I'm rooting for Fishbach, Vytas, and Spencer, plus both Kelly W's. RHAP-guest Kelly Wentworth is fantastic.

Euthyphro fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rarity posted:

Have you listened to her on RHAP? I think she's pretty great.

Poque posted:

Maybe there's no jury and 'MERICA gets to vote.

please god no

Nah. Probst gave Russel so much poo poo for that when he said that's how the game should be run.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You want to give at least the littlest bit of context to that block box of text?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It's not spoilers just click it

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Rick posted:

Nah. They emphasized Rodney's conflict with Mike early on, so I don't think it'll take until FTC to resolve. Plus the bizarro alliance Rodney made got significant emphasis, despite not playing much of a role in anything besides Will's vote. I think what'll happen depends on who wins immunity next week. If it's Joe, I think Rodney will take the opportunity to make his BIG MOVE. If it's not Joe, Joe goes unless he finds the idol and bounces another member of the rival alliance (which would be hilarious).
The issue for Caroline and Tyler is definitely that there are more cracks in the blue alliance than the red, so that's where they'll be inclined to side unless there's a big change in tribal dynamics. Once one of the JoJeli is voted off, then they might be interested, but not before. And Shirin is a major sticking point. Tyler and Caroline are smart, but it's really challenging for people to put aside their differences with people they hate for the sake of a strategic advantage, especially when they're exhausted, hungry, and uncomfortable.
Lots of people are high on Hali for some reason, but I think she'll go down soon.

Also, I just realized Jenn has had a whopping NINE votes put on her so far. If she's voted out at the next tribal council, her vote total will probably be 16, just shy of the record held jointly by Ozzy and Phillip. If an idol gets played and she stays, but doesn't get to FTC, she'd break the record.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jenn has two votes on her, not nine! :sun:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

psssh, just because they didn't count doesn't mean they didn't happen. she's had nine votes cast against her.

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Kellys versus Krazies!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FINALLY got a chance to watch this episode and it was awesome. Jenn is a star. Even if she gets booted in the next two weeks she has to be a lock for Favorites/All Stars. She was doing it on just being funny and fun but then a monster idol play should have cemented it.

I don't mind Will turning on No Collar that much. As said he knew fully well he was the odd man out of that tribe and it isn't the worst idea in the world to side with the majority and hope you just get left alone when they turn on each other. And it might have all worked out for him since he just "proved" himself to Mike so he could have just played his way into a Final 4/5 "he's not worth a vote" situation.

I really, really don't like Tyler and Carolyn siding with Blue. I just think that's stupid. There's no way I would have expected Blue to turn on each other before they broke up that pair. Considering they spent the whole episode talking about how they needed to stay distant and not tip everyone off to them being close and at the end of the episode they're both turning on a White Collar to be a minority pair in a majority alliance? That just strikes me as moronic. White Collar could have played with No Collar and decimated Blue and then flipped and taken out No. Maybe that wouldn't have worked perfectly but Carolyn and Tyler are now playing for the hope that Blue splinters before they decide to eliminate all threats. Which considering the Joakin/Rodney and Sierra/Lindsey votes seems to be their MO.

I think Tyler's an idiot in general and playing a terrible game but I was disappointed in Carolyn. She's really impressed me right up until that decision.

Next vote is huge, obviously. I don't think Jenn, Hali, Joe, and Shirin are hopeless. There's a lot of potential fallout there and I think Kelly was the right person to vote out. She was close to Carolyn and in that Carolyn/Tyler/Rodney/Kelly proposed alliance. She seemed to be the linchpin with Blue that they all got along with and kept things level. The Blue Collar guys could clash hard now as they scramble, Sierra could spook and finally flip like she's wanted to. I think Will's stuck with Mike and its best shot now. And at this stage Carolyn and Tyler might just have to take their chances with Blue since they burned Shirin and No Collar. So I'm worried for Joe/Jenn (don't like Hali). But I think there's a chance.

And I love the idea of a Second Chances, all returnees season. I've been wanting it all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Someone please explain to me why Jenn's idol play was that great. She got a feeling that she might be going home today and played the idol at the first tribal where there was a realistic chance she might go home. That's not a great play but not being James from China level retarded. No collar was lucky that the person who had the idol was also the person targeted.

• Locked thread