Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So I've been reading up on other codices, and I came across a few items.

First off, in the Ork Codex it mentions if you take the Ork Warband formation you can use the Waaagh special rule every turn after the first, which seems insanely broken. Also, does this combine with Gazghkull's special power to get a 2+ invul on the turn a Waaagh! is declared, because that seems even more ridiculous.

Also, Grey Knights terminators are 7 points cheaper than standard Assault/Tactical Terminators? wtf? why?!?
Why would I just not use Grey Knights allies over ever taking my own? Like why the gently caress would I ever take Lightning Claw terminators for 40 points, when I can have Grey Knights with double Falchions and a Storm Bolter for cheaper, who are very likely to have Hammerhand or Force to instant death monstrous creatures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The Onager looks awesome. It looks like guys from Mars scavenging parts to make a thing to carry a big gun. :colbert:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
So, flesh tearers detachment to give these guys transports? That's 6 FA rhinos/razorbacks/drop pods yes?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Uroboros posted:

So I've been reading up on other codices, and I came across a few items.

First off, in the Ork Codex it mentions if you take the Ork Warband formation you can use the Waaagh special rule every turn after the first, which seems insanely broken. Also, does this combine with Gazghkull's special power to get a 2+ invul on the turn a Waaagh! is declared, because that seems even more ridiculous.

No. The formation in question specifies that it only works if your Warlord is a Warboss. Ghazghkull's ability only applies if he's the Warlord.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 2, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Naramyth posted:

A bunch of skyfire options I guess? *yawn*

e: Although a 48" S10 AP1 blast is no joke, but it will cost all the points and be stuck on a platform that has lovely mixed weapons.

9"

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

- Neutron Laser: 48" S10 AP1 Blast, Concussive

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Just to add to the thrum of dissaproval:
I like the other walker, but that's just mismatched and ugly. Just a little of the machinery crawling up the armor plates would have fixxed it.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Does anyone in the US have an extra skull helmet bit (like from the plastic Chaplain or a Night Lords Terror Squad)? I'm piecing together bits for an awesome 30k conversion but I can't find any good heads on eBay.

Uroboros posted:

Also, Grey Knights terminators are 7 points cheaper than standard Assault/Tactical Terminators? wtf? why?!?
Why would I just not use Grey Knights allies over ever taking my own? Like why the gently caress would I ever take Lightning Claw terminators for 40 points, when I can have Grey Knights with double Falchions and a Storm Bolter for cheaper, who are very likely to have Hammerhand or Force to instant death monstrous creatures?

Regular terminators are way overcosted and will get cheaper in the next C:SM release. Change has to begin somewhere.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Sulecrist posted:

Does anyone in the US have an extra skull helmet bit (like from the plastic Chaplain or a Night Lords Terror Squad)? I'm piecing together bits for an awesome 30k conversion but I can't find any good heads on eBay.

Regular terminators are way overcosted and will get cheaper in the next C:SM release. Change has to begin somewhere.

Try the Warriors of chaos skull head. I used that for my Chaplin.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s9vjYAfeog

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I like the Skitarii, think the cyborg ninjas are pretty neat, absolutely love the dunestriders, and think the dunecrawler is also pretty neat. The only thing disappointing me about Admech so far is the lack of an HQ choice, since I'd love to have some crazy tech lord dude to lead the army, preferably on a giant walking robothrone like Karamazov, but crazier.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

I like the Skitarii, think the cyborg ninjas are pretty neat, absolutely love the dunestriders, and think the dunecrawler is also pretty neat. The only thing disappointing me about Admech so far is the lack of an HQ choice, since I'd love to have some crazy tech lord dude to lead the army, preferably on a giant walking robothrone like Karamazov, but crazier.

Ally in some Inquisition and make a techopriest Inquisitor?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sulecrist posted:

I got one of these kicking around.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
A giant floating admech skull with a techpriest lord riding in it that shoots conversion beams in all directions.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TKIY posted:

Ally in some Inquisition and make a techopriest Inquisitor?
Not a bad idea! I'll just be bringing a library with me everywhere I go.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Not a bad idea! I'll just be bringing a library with me everywhere I go.

Build a servitor to do it for you?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

I got one of these kicking around.

Bulbasaur's actually got me covered already but thanks very much for the quick reply!

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Honestly I kinda like the new walker, it looks pieced together from various eras, which fits my idea of ad mech never innovating, just using what came before and adding it to other things that came before. The twin AC version looks better than the big drilly-looking thing though, so will probably make that. I am getting too old to care about stats, Rule of Cool for me from here on out I am thinking.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I love the new walker. It's very mechanicus imo.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

If nothing else... something called a loving DUNEcrawler should not have pointy feet. Pointy feet sink in sand.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

If nothing else... something called a loving DUNEcrawler should not have pointy feet. Pointy feet sink in sand.

Ya but what if the dunes are made of skulls?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

The one in the back has flat feet. :3:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That beamer will be great for conversions, but I'm not crazy about the model.

Master Twig posted:

For 90 points that thing better have some drat good weaponry.

It costs as much as a dread, is about as survivable, and the guns don't synergize well. I'm sure people will find a way to make them work, but I can grab a mortis for a few points more. Or a contemptor for about double.

So far Admech and Legio Cibernetica poo poo all over skittering manpeoples and dudecrawlers.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

Ya but what if the dunes are made of skulls?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Someone at GW: "If those FW assholes can make angry tractors and people think that's cool, I'm sure we can do even more cray-cray poo poo herp derp"

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

:sparkles: "Hey [Sulecrist] what was that package at the front desk"

"uhhhhhh i can't say"
:goonsay:

:sparkles: "oh god are you in 30k now"

"I SAID I CAN'T SAY"
:goonsay:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well, to be fair, the package still says warhammer 40k. Just say you are buying the books for literary purposes only.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

I would also like to say, who the hell takes a picture of that entry, with the intention of leaking it, and NOT show the whole thing. Just one of those bizzare things.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm pretty sure 70% of the people taking pictures for leaks have never taken a picture of anything before that in their lives.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

I would also like to say, who the hell takes a picture of that entry, with the intention of leaking it, and NOT show the whole thing. Just one of those bizzare things.

Yeah the weapon options are kind of critical...

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hencoe posted:

GW does :tinfoil:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There are some people at GW who do not believe that the company should advertise through rumour and leak information, these are good people.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Hollismason posted:

GW do not believe that the company should advertise

Fixed

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

I kind of like it. It's obviously meant to look like some kind of bug, what with those little tiny arms on the front. I think some of you guys are just disappointed they recycled the sentinel chassis.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

1) Sword too big, rear end 2 phat (40k is generally like that, not your fault, but the sword is gigantic, this is is a human not a SPESS MAREEN).
2) Looks great other than that, the Inquisition icons on the leg and chest look great.
3) Play Hotline Miami 1 or 2 or BROFORCE for further inspiration. I do not recall correctly, (I'm very dumb) but the Ripley character might be called-- actually I'm a total fraud, they call her Ellen Ripbro:

Rip heretics and tear heretics, for Terra!

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Longshot007 posted:

I think some of you guys are just disappointed they recycled the sentinel chassis.

That's a valid critizism to be honest. Look at what people have been building: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?225861-Adeptus-Mechinicus-Skitarii
AdMech has the potential for the craziest kind of stuff, so that thing is just depressingly underwhelming.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HardCoil posted:

That's a valid critizism to be honest. Look at what people have been building: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?225861-Adeptus-Mechinicus-Skitarii
AdMech has the potential for the craziest kind of stuff, so that thing is just depressingly underwhelming.

At least the other stuff has been pretty wacky.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ANAmal.net posted:

adding a dudecrawler to my skittering manpile

This absolutely should be the thread title

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HardCoil posted:

A warseer link to a heavily converted army? Okay, how many tits does each model have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Does this count as tits?

Seriously, it's an awesome army, and I was expecting something even better from the official one.

• Locked thread