Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Decius posted:

Unfortunately Slott then invents a incredibly complicated explanation for the Juggernaut thing, which was a bit of a ho-hum arc in the otherwise very funny and entertaining series.

Did Slott ever explain why he seemed to hate the Juggernaut thing so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

People wouldnt stop sending him 'I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!'

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

General Bort posted:

Did Slott ever explain why he seemed to hate the Juggernaut thing so much?

I think a lot of nerds thought it was out of character for Jen to sleep with a 'bad guy'. (I don't remember if that scene happened during a period when Juggy was an X-Man or not)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

I think a lot of nerds thought it was out of character for Jen to sleep with a 'bad guy'. (I don't remember if that scene happened during a period when Juggy was an X-Man or not)

He was, but she was also his client. On the list of stupid poo poo during Austen's run it is really really low.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It was real stupid. Not as bad as taking away his invulnerability, but worse than making him a good guy.

EDIT: Didn't know this was the funny panels thread. Sorry for posting.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Dolash posted:

Can I ask about the Ryan Reynolds thing real quick? I don't really know much about Deadpool but I'm vaguely aware that people have been after a Ryan-Reynolds-as-Deadpool movie for ages for some reason and I don't know why. Did it start before the X-Men: Origins thing, or was it because of it? What was so great about his performance that everyone decided they needed to get him back? I don't get it.

Wolverine: Origins' Deadpool wasn't Deadpool, but Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson worked really well in the beginning of the movie. He was funny, likable, badass, and a little bit of an rear end in a top hat. If you only watch those scenes, you can get pretty hyped for Reynolds-Deadpool.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Dolash posted:

Can I ask about the Ryan Reynolds thing real quick? I don't really know much about Deadpool but I'm vaguely aware that people have been after a Ryan-Reynolds-as-Deadpool movie for ages for some reason and I don't know why. Did it start before the X-Men: Origins thing, or was it because of it? What was so great about his performance that everyone decided they needed to get him back? I don't get it.

In Blade 3 he plays a non-powered fast talking wisecracker who is similar to Deadpool. This lines him up for the Wade Wilson in X:Men Origins (which was pretty good as a Deadpool).

He's also a huge fan of the character and a general comic book nerd so he is familiar with the character in all his various implementations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
More Deadpool.

http://imgur.com/gallery/4lP2g

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The entire issue of Wolverines this week belongs in here. Deadpool decides he's going to take Wolverine's place and Wolverine started out by fighting Hulk so he goes to challenge She-Hulk. It doesn't quite work out for him, as is per usual for Deadpool.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Source unknown, found it on Matt Fraction's tumblr.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Evil Mastermind posted:

Source unknown, found it on Matt Fraction's tumblr.

"Parent Trap" comic book adaptation, starring Patty Duke as Pussyface.

Never gets old.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sigma-X posted:

In Blade 3 he plays a non-powered fast talking wisecracker who is similar to Deadpool. This lines him up for the Wade Wilson in X:Men Origins (which was pretty good as a Deadpool).

He's also a huge fan of the character and a general comic book nerd so he is familiar with the character in all his various implementations.

Also see Van Wilder. He's got the quick-witted, fast talking kind of an rear end in a top hat but you like him thing going on there too.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Van Wilder is basically the reason Reynolds has a career and he has largely been doing that character in every one of his movies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't find his character in Van Wilder particularly likeable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Isn't that also just basically his character from Two Guys and a Girl?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Buried proved that Reynolds has hella serious acting chops, too. I think he (or his agent) just has a tendency to play it safe and stick to the wise-cracking rear end in a top hat roles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

It's exactly the same character, except Van Wilder is a popular guy instead of a weird friend that people only kind of put up with.

The Pizza Place was the best character on that show.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skwirl posted:

It's really basically just Ryan Reynolds.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Pussyface sounds like the name of a Dick Tracy villain.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Phylodox posted:

Buried proved that Reynolds has hella serious acting chops, too. I think he (or his agent) just has a tendency to play it safe and stick to the wise-cracking rear end in a top hat roles.

Unfortunately Woman in Gold is getting really bad reviews, so those 'hella serious acting chops' might take a hit. And Reynolds at maximum snark is his performance in Waiting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZevrHkWVE

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 4, 2015

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Gnome de plume posted:

Pussyface sounds like the name of a Dick Tracy villain.

No, you're thinking of Putty Puss.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Unfortunately Woman in Gold is getting really bad reviews, so those 'hella serious acting chops' might take a hit. And Reynolds at maximum snark is his performance in Waiting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZevrHkWVE

Waiting is an underrated classic.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The sequel was hot garbage, though.

Hot, smelly garbage.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Waiting is an underrated classic.

I wouldn't say classic but it's definitely aged and endured far far better than the reception it got on release suggested. Sometimes well-executed formula works.

And yes the sequel is impressively bad even by the levels you'd expect from a bro-level comedy flick.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 4, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There was never a sequel and I will not entertain the notion that there was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The sequel is so bad I'm surprised Reynolds wasn't in it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I dunno, I thought the sequel was alright. I never did figure out the 'Exhale' subtitle though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cabbit posted:

I dunno, I thought the sequel was alright. I never did figure out the 'Exhale' subtitle though.

I think you're thinking of the prequel.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I think you're thinking of the prequel.

Hahahahaha, nice avatar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Hahahahaha, nice avatar.

It's what I get for viciously mocking a perverted pedophile in BSS. It's the avatar he himself chose. I figure I post enough and IOC will get rid of it for me.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I don't remember ever being as angry at a movie as I was with Van Wilder. It's offensively bad. I'm aware how incredibly dumb this is, but that's just how bad Van Wilder was.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

TheJoker138 posted:

There was never a sequel and I will not entertain the notion that there was.

This guy is the most correct person in this thread. And I'm not just saying that because I've been compared to Ryan Reynolds in the movie Waiting.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Found a few good random panels on the Robot's Pajamas. No Deadpool tho.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Ryan Reynolds' best work was on the Canadian teen soap opera Fifteen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUv2xldR4g

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

We are in good hands.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Yes yes, there's an action figure thread but everyone needs to see

:magical:

Money was invented for the sole purpose of possessing this.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
EXCELSIOR, BITCHES!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
False advertising! His ego is clearly only 1:2 scale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Does it come with a soapbox accessory?