Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, it's kinda weird. I think Fitz was easily my least favorite character in season 1, but now he's one of the best.

And I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if he and Mack don't end up together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have to say I think the real SHIELD and it's members paranoia of powers, along with Coulson's SHIELD fear and lesser mistreatment of powers, has been better done than the X films. It seems more realistic and the motivations make more sense.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mymla posted:

Yeah, it's kinda weird. I think Fitz was easily my least favorite character in season 1, but now he's one of the best.

Well that's because in season 1 he wasn't even the obligatory techno nerd, he was half of the techno-babble pair with his only personality trait being "likes his female best friend who obviously doesn't like him back". Season 2 has made him an actual character who has his own poo poo to deal with, which is infinitely more interesting than watching the same thing we've seen on a thousand other shows.

I'm still annoyed by how little development happened during the first half of season 1. How they managed to spin their wheels and stall for TWS without actually developing any of their characters except for arguably Ward and Skye is beyond me.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

There was that cool episode where he went into the field and was surprisingly competent. And I liked his reactions to Ward's betrayal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mymla posted:

And I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if he and Mack don't end up together.

With a big ranch, and a workshop and a dog/monkey. :3:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

VDay posted:

Well that's because in season 1 he wasn't even the obligatory techno nerd, he was half of the techno-babble pair with his only personality trait being "likes his female best friend who obviously doesn't like him back". Season 2 has made him an actual character who has his own poo poo to deal with, which is infinitely more interesting than watching the same thing we've seen on a thousand other shows.

I'm still annoyed by how little development happened during the first half of season 1. How they managed to spin their wheels and stall for TWS without actually developing any of their characters except for arguably Ward and Skye is beyond me.

Yeah some people are forgetting that Fitzsimmons was essentially one character until the end of Season 1, and that people were asking why they hadn't just made it a single person instead. Now they've really differentiated the two and it's great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Keshik posted:

I'd like to point out that if you're not following Brett Dalton on Twitter during every episode, you're watching incorrectly. He live tweets puns as poo poo happens, basically like if Ward were watching and cackling as Coulson and gang encounter problems.

Edit: example, when he and Agent 33 had the hydra guy all tied up and being forced to watch TV, he tweeted "clockWard Orange"

I don't follow actors because they live tweet and spoil poo poo, Being on the other side of the world i watch it an hour or so later than the US. I've seen his tweets though, he's very good at it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gordon is not The Reader, apparently. He just debuted in a comic

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/01/agents-of-shields-eyeless-inhuman-makes-marvel-comic-debut

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Chokes McGee posted:

So basically, realSHIELD are just some battle-crazed zealots who took over a battleship and now have their britches all up in their rear end because Fury picked Coulson instead. I hate these guys already and if watching them almost gun Skye down didn't turn Bobbi back, nothing will.

It's the opposite, though. They dislike the old guard. They don't want to be a part of whatever Fury's gameplan is. Fury wanted to nuke the carrier and kill everyone and Coulson will follow Fury's example (or so they believe.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Binary Logic posted:

Kirk Acevedo is a really good actor and seems to specialize in dying in new and crazy ways. Back on Fringe he was stung by a MOW that deposited eggs or larva (which in the alternate world became worms).

Spiders. Kurt Avocado is deathly afraid of spiders because of this. It is his defining trait, not this Joe Toy thing or whatever you guys are yammering about.

Anyway, Charlie Avocado is (probably?) dead now so I guess that's that.

Irish Joe posted:

Irish Joe. Irish Joe. Irish Joe?

Irish. Irish Joe.

:colbert:

So what you're saying is... Timmy is in the well?

Just what are you trying to push on us?

Yes, I know, Artoo, we're just making a quick detour. The Dagobah system. Don't worry, Artoo!

I suggest a new strategy. Let the Wookie win.

He says he doesn't like you. I don't like you either. We're wanted men, you know. I have the death sentence in twelve systems!:black101:

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Kaddion posted:

All I could think of was "oh man, Joe Toye getting taken out again like in Bastogne"

Bill Guarnere shows up next episode to bring him to safety, then Skye explodes a tree shard into his right shoulder.

Dum Dum Dugan then flips out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Spiders. Kurt Avocado is deathly afraid of spiders because of this. It is his defining trait, not this Joe Toy thing or whatever you guys are yammering about.

If you don't know who Joe Toy is, kindly GO gently caress YOURSELF.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's good, because Gordon is cool, but Reader is one of my favorite new characters and I'd love to see him on screen.

Also, I didn't notice this, but apparently there's a little easter egg that Isabelle Hartley was Victoria Hand's lover, just like the comics. There was a line in this episode that Isabelle said something about "Vic holding the top deck" and that's probably Hand. Cool little nod there, and might explain why she and Hunter are so cool with Coulson, since he ended up making good with Hand.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Codependent Poster posted:

Isabelle said something about "Vic holding the top deck" and that's probably Hand.

It was "Holding the Hub" because as we saw in Turn, Turn, Turn she did...then Ward shot her.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I'm hoping Fury's reappearance in AoU means that he'll pop up on AoS too , if only to bust EJO's rear end about not scuttling the Iliad. (acronyms!)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I can't tell if that's supposed to be Jemma or Daisy Sue Poots above Hunter there. Probably Jemma, since Skye's with the rest of the Inhumans.

Otherwise great poster. I love how different the two emblems are while still sticking to the whole "Patriotic eagle on a shield background" motif.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Is there a SHIELD logo in the Age of Ultron trailer? If yes, which one?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I like that they drew Mockingbird's mole

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, it's Simmons. Also it's really weird to see Coulson with a seriously grim face.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Bill Guarnere shows up next episode to bring him to safety, then Skye explodes a tree shard into his right shoulder.

Dum Dum Dugan then flips out.

Suddenly Abe from the Walking Dead parachutes in and punches something

If you haven't seen Band of Brothers you're basically hitler

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hunter looks like Ward and it confused me for a bit. Poster lacks May and Joe Toye though.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

poo poo I knew I remembered him from somewhere! I am going to have to watch Band of Brothers again.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

That's Call of Duty: The Movie, right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's Call of Duty: The Movie, right?

Nah, that's "Company of Heroes". I can understand the confusion since they both have Dum Dum Dugan

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There are tiny specks of red in Hunter's eyes. Wonder what that means.

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.

Codependent Poster posted:

There are tiny specks of red in Hunter's eyes. Wonder what that means.

Bobbi.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm not as big a fan of Mockingjay as most of the people here are, but :drat: that catsuit.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Irish Joe posted:

I'm not as big a fan of Mockingjay as most of the people here are, but :drat: that catsuit.

All this time you've been thinking you're posting in a Hunger Games movies thread? That explains a lot.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I finally caught up on the show last night, and I like that they explained this split among Shield.

It makes sense now why Real Shield is just hanging out on an aircraft carrier in open water and nobody could find them. I would wager that ALL Real Shield has at their disposal, due to their general secrecy and isolation, that whoever was left on the aircraft carrier is what they have available. Meanwhile, Coulson was scouring the planet recruiting and finding more agents, which we know to have happened. I bet Coulson has the manpower advantage for once, but his biggest issue is that they're so scattered, whereas Real Shield is all in one spot.

I also can't wait to see where things go with Skye and Gordon.

It still doesn't cease to amaze me that this is the same show that began in Fall 2013.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm wondering if Skye is going to come across Raina again with Gordon, and how that's going to play out.

Really I want to see more Inhumans stuff, though Shield on Shield action has been fun. I'm a little sad that Bobbi Morse was a "traitor" though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Bobbi has the potential to play into this in great ways.

In a way she "founded" real shield but there's obvious discomfort with what they are doing now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am really hung up on the idea that Mack and Bobbi are going to reject Real SHIELD for Coulson after seeing how the latter is treated by the former. Both are straight up good people who have honestly made friends with SHIELD-616; Bobbi looked at if she was trying to get away from May rather than fight her and whole scene with Simmons showed that. Same with Mack and Fitz.

I said it before, but I could see Real Shield being the kind of people that liked Project Insights goals; stop problems before they became problems. They didn't like the execution and thought that was a result of Fury's way of doing things.

I also said that I bet the thing on the Iliad is the Chitarui AI that becomes Ultron. Maybe Gonzales has it still and is taking advice from it, or has been otherwise corrupted. Thinking hes doing the right thing when in actually he's not.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GigaPeon posted:

It's the opposite, though. They dislike the old guard. They don't want to be a part of whatever Fury's gameplan is. Fury wanted to nuke the carrier and kill everyone and Coulson will follow Fury's example (or so they believe.)

I don't think it's that, I think that's what they're telling themselves but they're really just terrified of anything that's not human after Hydra used enhanced people against them. Gonzalez is straight up dismissing Coulson and everything he's done because his blood isn't pure.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

I am really hung up on the idea that Mack and Bobbi are going to reject Real SHIELD for Coulson after seeing how the latter is treated by the former.

The real SHIELD hasn't really done anything so far that would justify a defection. At this point, it could be argued that Coulsen has been the unreasonably antagonistic party.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Is this some kind of SMG-esque "satire" or something?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Irish Joe posted:

it could be argued that Coulsen has been the unreasonably antagonistic party.

The most Irish Joe thing said so far in this thread.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Irish Joe makes me feel like poo poo.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

Irish Joe makes me feel like poo poo.

He's really good at what he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011