Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Now his biggest concern is villains falling asleep on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Arkham Knight bonus costume.

It looks like his mom dressed him up before she let him out to play so he wouldn't hurt himself.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It looks like his mom dressed him up before she let him out to play so he wouldn't hurt himself.

I'm trying SO hard not to post the obvious meme response.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He looks like he's been stung by a bee and needs an epipen stat.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
His face looks like Patton Oswalt. (Batton Oswalt?)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

It's based on one of the segments from the Gotham Knight anime.

If they had toned down the severe color contrast to match the original look, it might not have looked quite so doofy. Well, there's no help for those eyes.

That looks weird but at least with the all-black it works. I have no idea why the game seems to be going with the weird "Black shoulder pads and gray pillow abs" look.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

That looks weird but at least with the all-black it works. I have no idea why the game seems to be going with the weird "Black shoulder pads and gray pillow abs" look.

He's also much skinnier and more stylized in the cartoon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it Unreal Engine? That's like Unreal.jpg

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Soonmot posted:

"I'M NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS! Wait, no. Sorry, yeah I am."

Seriously, if you got alternate voice acting from Hockey Pad Bat-Knockoff that would be the greatest thing ever.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's Goretex, Jerry!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

More of Travel Foreman's Justice League United designs.

Animal Man, Stargirl and Equinox.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Equinox is really good but the other two are way too visually busy. The hell is it with New 52 costumes and being way too overdesigned?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Equinox is really good but the other two are way too visually busy. The hell is it with New 52 costumes and being way too overdesigned?

They didn't use the designs.

I think they're brilliant and would've worked great for the space-faring series.

e: I think he said this stuff was initially rejected for the initial run, but he was in the credits they first put out for the July relaunch (with a TBA writer, which is why I'm not sure till the solicit is out,) so hopefully they get in now. Too bad Jeff Lemire won't be there,

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 3, 2015

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

I want to like Stargirl, but it's just too. many. stars. Most of the Starman costume designs (Ted Knight, Will Payton, Prince Gavyn) just have one big star on the chest.

The half-star on the end of the staff is an interesting idea but it doesn't quite work for me.

As for Animal Man, what are those bladey things on his shoulders supposed to be?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Selachian posted:

I want to like Stargirl, but it's just too. many. stars. Most of the Starman costume designs (Ted Knight, Will Payton, Prince Gavyn) just have one big star on the chest.

The half-star on the end of the staff is an interesting idea but it doesn't quite work for me.

As for Animal Man, what are those bladey things on his shoulders supposed to be?

If you nixed all the stars on Stargirl except for the legs and middle of the chest it'd be a knockout of a design. I even like the staff thing.

Animal Man is the worst. It's a literal visualization of all of his potential animal powers-- stripes, spots, fins, etc. The coloring and individual pieces are excellent but it sucks chode as a whole.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think they're brilliant and would've worked great for the space-faring series.

They'd look like utter poo poo being drawn by a sub-par artist and much more difficult to cosplay than the legions of other outfits out there. There's always some gibbering retard who goes "lol yeah cater to the bottom 10% that's a great strategy" but the truth is it is a great strategy because superhero characters thrive on how easily their image can be replicated and plastered around in other media, and the busier and trendier a design is the harder it is for that to happen.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Selachian posted:

I'm guessing crow feathers or something. From the last lot of designs he posted, it looks like his suit changes to match the power set he takes on.

I love it.

e: Here's the rest with some busy Stargirls.
http://zuerst.tumblr.com/post/110087457580/some-design-sketches-from-an-aborted-justice
I'm not sure if the above image is newer. I just saw in on another forum with no context, but I hadn't seen it before.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 3, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

All three of those are hella rad. Animal man in particular.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The NASCAR/daredevil style for Stargirl kinda works for me, actually.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I was thinking motocross star myself

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NotAnArtist posted:

I was thinking motocross star myself

Oooh, even better, you can totally have Courtney be a dirtbiker when she's not superheroing!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't think the Animal Man costume is bad per se, but I do think it has a lot of orange, and Animal Man is blonde, and what I'm getting at is it looks really close to Aquaman's costume. Sure you can make it all weird, but to me I just see fins on Aquaman and think "Man Aquaman is being really heavyhanded with this King of the Sea motif"

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

TwoPair posted:

I don't think the Animal Man costume is bad per se, but I do think it has a lot of orange, and Animal Man is blonde, and what I'm getting at is it looks really close to Aquaman's costume. Sure you can make it all weird, but to me I just see fins on Aquaman and think "Man Aquaman is being really heavyhanded with this King of the Sea motif"

Hasn't Animal Man had an orange costume for most of his history?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, when I saw the first image of that design I was confused as to who it was, Aquaman or Animal Man. Doesn't help that they both start with "A."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Chaos Hippy posted:

Hasn't Animal Man had an orange costume for most of his history?

Orange and blue.

I think part of the problem is the little black flecks all over AM's top, which kinda suggest the scales on Aquaman's traditional goldfish shirt. The stubble also puts me in mind of Aquaman's beardy barbarian phase.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Thought that was Aquaman. The costumes look good, but they seem over designed for comic books.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I love the poo poo out of his style but feel his costume designs aren't very iconic. They are neat, but just too detailed to be memorable. Except his awesome monster Metamorpho.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't that the one with the speech bubble about hiding his misshapen dong?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wasn't that the one with the speech bubble about hiding his misshapen dong?

http://zuerst.tumblr.com/post/110087457580/some-design-sketches-from-an-aborted-justice

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 5, 2015

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
I know times change, and sometimes you have to move on, but I will always love Animal Man wearing a leather jacket over his costume because he didn't want people to see he had gotten fat.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I remember reading a JLA comic loving years ago where Ted Kord was dealing with being overweight and Guy Gardner beat the crap out of him in a boxing match welp that's my story cya

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I know times change, and sometimes you have to move on, but I will always love Animal Man wearing a leather jacket over his costume because he didn't want people to see he had gotten fat.

No way! He just wanted some pockets without wearing pants. Pouches weren't invented yet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also wasn't it pleather?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I seriously like the designs in the link below. Or at least the artist's style. These are very interesting.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZQnAM

I guess it might be too much for a monthly comic but a lot of rpgs have beautiful and amazing designs. I'd love more of that influence in movies and specials.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 5, 2015

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Gatts posted:

I seriously like the designs in the link below. Or at least the artist's style. These are very interesting.

I guess it might be too much for a monthly comic but a lot of rpgs have beautiful and amazing designs. I'd love more of that influence in movies and specials.

Aquaman and Green Lanterns are ace (would love to read that Elseworld), but the others are emblematic of Rocafort's "Mark Silvestri Jr." tendencies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really wish people would stop trying to redesign Flash's costume. The Wally redesign worked since all it really did was modernize Barry's costume some, but was pretty minor overall. Everything else just comes off like it's trying to hard.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Gatts posted:

Some of those are cool, but I don't really like how both of the wonder woman (are they both wonder woman?) costumes look like swimsuits with a bunch of details piled on top of them instead of completely cohesive designs. The cynical approach is just to say that it's titillation, but even putting that aside it's wasteful because part of the costume is just dedicated to saying "check out her thighs" instead of saying anything about the character at all.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"Hey Flash, look down!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

GL looks like a gender swap of the Tangent one.

Gatts posted:

I like him on the current Teen Titans series.
https://www.comixology.com/Teen-Titans-2014/comics-series/24645?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2JyZWFkY3J1bWJz

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 5, 2015

• Locked thread