Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

when that country collapses into a heap of starving people we're gonna see some serious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think that was more the Eastern Romans that maintained that poo poo. The Ottomans did a pretty good job of maintaining after that until they were given the boot. Since then it's all gone to poo poo.

The eastern empire maintained in the sense that they didn't slide backward to tribes, mud huts and poo poo like the western empire did. Except for Justinian, who was pre-Islam, the east did just that; maintained, but didn't advance. Particularly after the 11th century, the eastern empire sort of just held on, while Islam was just hitting its stride. (But it only lasted a couple more centuries until the Mongols hosed it all up)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

when that country collapses into a heap of starving people we're gonna see some serious poo poo

eat the rich

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxkFd3lHaM

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

you missed the best part

GOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

orange juche posted:

eat the rich

Big Kim will only feed so many people.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Dead Reckoning posted:

I gotta say, there is an eerie parallel between the current fighting in the Middle East and the European wars of religion right after the Protestant reformation.

Oh good, only another four hundred years left, then.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure these middle eastern wars never stopped. How the gently caress do you think the Saud's came to power back in the day. They rolled up and took a huge poo poo on their religious enemies.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

orange juche posted:

time for some upbeat music matched to everyone's favorite korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XIROPLKOxg

A proud American tradition that dates back to the 1940's..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYdmk3GP3iM

People thought this poo poo was hilarious even back then.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I can't decide if it's funnier seeing the Russians do it or seeing your own buddies do it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

We should have taken the Mongols up on that Mongol-Frankish alliance.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I can't decide if it's funnier seeing the Russians do it or seeing your own buddies do it.

I know that Putin and pals make it hard on Russo American relations but I've always secretly admired the Russian military for all the poo poo they have to go through. They look like they'd be really fun to get blackout drunk with.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I know that Putin and pals make it hard on Russo American relations but I've always secretly admired the Russian military for all the poo poo they have to go through. They look like they'd be really fun to get blackout drunk with.
Until you wake up raped, and with a missing kidney.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I kind of feel like Curtis LeMay and Ghengis Khan would get along really well for some reason. They kind of had the same mindset, make war as horrible as possible for your opponent and they won't want to fight you.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

MA-Horus posted:

I kind of feel like Curtis LeMay and Ghengis Khan would get along really well for some reason. They kind of had the same mindset, make war as horrible as possible for your opponent and they won't want be physically able to fight you.

For LeMay, at least, this is far more accurate.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

MrYenko posted:

For LeMay, at least, this is far more accurate.

Strategic firebombing is a significant tactic.

\/ True. Strategic chemical bombing + blockbusters > strategic firebombing all day \/

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 4, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Douhet still wears the crown.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

\/ True. Strategic chemical bombing + blockbusters > strategic firebombing all day \/
Be honest here: would you really trust every airman you've supervised to load chemical and high explosive incendiaries, much less at the same time?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

Be honest here: would you really trust every airman you've supervised to load chemical and high explosive incendiaries, much less at the same time?

We've been relatively mishap-free when dealing with straight high explosives, what's the worst that could happen?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

iyaayas01 posted:

We've been relatively mishap-free when dealing with straight high explosives, what's the worst that could happen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_artificial_non-nuclear_explosions

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Manning opened a Twitter account from jail.

This will turn out to be both cruel and funny.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Manning opened a Twitter account from jail.

This will turn out to be both cruel and funny.

Still hoping it turns out to be a drawn out troll.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

please donate to my gofundme, ghost-snatch itches i need vagisil, 20k ought to do it
#handsupdontshoot #girlslikeus

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

please donate to my gofundme, ghost-snatch itches i need vagisil, 20k ought to do it
#handsupdontshoot #girlslikeus

:barf:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some poor bitch put up gofundme posters in my neighborhood for "financial assistance". I guess begging on the I-5 exit ramp is too undignified for millennial beggars.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Some poor bitch put up gofundme posters in my neighborhood for "financial assistance". I guess begging on the I-5 exit ramp is too undignified for millennial beggars.
Say you hate fags and idiot conservatives will donate a million dollars to you when people get mad at you.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Indiana is the worst state.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lol

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

There's gotta be a way GiP can scam this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

There's gotta be a way GiP can scam this.

set up a gofundme to recover lost tuition

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

set up a gofundme to recover lost tuition

a marine was in a college class taught by a liberal gay demon professor. one day the professor said “if god is real, he will suck my dick” after ten minutes of silence the tough marine got up from his seat and sucked the liberal aclu professor’s dick. the professor came. “what did you do that for?” the marine answered “god was busy building ford trucks shirtless so he sent me to suck dick”"

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sounds legit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fits my needs posted:

a marine was in a college class taught by a liberal gay demon professor. one day the professor said “if god is real, he will suck my dick” after ten minutes of silence the tough marine got up from his seat and sucked the liberal aclu professor’s dick. the professor came. “what did you do that for?” the marine answered “god was busy building ford trucks shirtless so he sent me to suck dick”"

Someone needs to find Naba's tindeck of that, it's loving amazing.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

Someone needs to find Naba's tindeck of that, it's loving amazing.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I'm still not entirely unconvinced that the government/military didn't force Manning's gender transition as a means to discredit him. :tinfoil: I know that's kind of an insane thing to admit, but there it is.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

I'm still not entirely unconvinced that the government/military didn't force Manning's gender transition as a means to discredit him. :tinfoil: I know that's kind of an insane thing to admit, but there it is.

Jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
jet fuel does burn hot enough to melt people

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

go3 posted:

jet fuel does burn hot enough to melt people

And their dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hremsfeld posted:

And their dicks.

The army poured burning jet fuel on Manning's junk, and covered it up by saying he wanted to become a woman.

• Locked thread