Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Guess what I found while reading up on past chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

logger posted:

That's a whole volume, not just a oneshot. Why is Saitama's universe so much better than ours

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

logger posted:

Alright someone check the original ONE version to see if there was enough detail to tell what manga he's reading.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

logger posted:

I just want ONE and Murata to quit everything and become the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time and existence.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

logger posted:

What chapter was this?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fabricated posted:

King rules.

ya

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

What chapter was this?

Chapter 18 page 3

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDIT: Nvm, I missed the link to the latest chapter on the last page.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 4, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, we were just talking about it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I just binge read and I want more. This series is great.

One question though: Why are so many chapters double/triple/quadruple released and redrawn? Trying to read the Boros arc was annoying because I kept reading the same stuff over and over again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Crain posted:

I just binge read and I want more. This series is great.

One question though: Why are so many chapters double/triple/quadruple released and redrawn? Trying to read the Boros arc was annoying because I kept reading the same stuff over and over again.

Murata is a hilarious perfectionist

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

AnonSpore posted:

That's a whole volume, not just a oneshot. Why is Saitama's universe so much better than ours

If you were living in his universe you would be MANGA BLOBBER, The Man Who Read So Many Manga He Turned Into A Monster.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Crain posted:

I just binge read and I want more.

There's always the original ONE version that's over an arc ahead and still going. The art will make you not want to at first, but the thirst for more will get to you.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
ONE's original version is charming in its own way. :shobon:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

pnumoman posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again, ONE is a manga genius that never bothered to polish his drawing skills. He has a crazy good eye for panel and page composition, his writing is top notch, and he has an intimate knowledge of his medium, its tropes, and how to utilize them to great effect. He just never bothered to learn how to draw well. He was too busy making manga I guess.

The drawing quality in Mob Psycho seems to be improving over time, although it definitely still retains that rough sketchiness. I've LOVE to see some revised Murata drawn chapters of MP100 if they ever catch up to how far ONE is in OPM.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Honestly I prefer the ONE version.
Im reading for the writing here, not the art.

Though the Muratart is nice to look at I admit.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Good to see the team stepping up the releases of the manga. I guess the anime production has gotten them to take things more seriously on meeting deadlines

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Honestly I prefer the ONE version.
Im reading for the writing here, not the art.

Though the Muratart is nice to look at I admit.

I can't really go to ONE's version, having first seen Murata's. I'd probably feel differently if I'd seen them in the opposite order though.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

NowonSA posted:

I can't really go to ONE's version, having first seen Murata's. I'd probably feel differently if I'd seen them in the opposite order though.

Nah, man, you just haven't read far enough. I was the same way, saw Murata's version first and couldn't imagine following through with reading One's version. But then I got to the meeting of the S-Class and the alien's attack on A-city and it suddenly became very hard to stop reading. So give it another shot and stick with it, it'll payoff sooner than you think.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Seriously, the art isn't THAT bad. It's no Murata, but at the same time it's no Hunter x Hunter when Togashi can barely bring himself to get up in the morning.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still prefer Murata's version but I did end up going through all of ONE's work to see where stuff is going storywise.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Sticking to the Murata version is basically the OPM equivalent of only watching the anime and not reading ahead in the manga to spoil yourself.

Which is a weird analogy now that it's actually getting an anime, but you know what I mean.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
You're really doing yourself a disservice by electing not to read ONE's version. It's excellent through and through, ONE is good enough at art to make all the characters distinct so you can hop from Murata's to ONE's and back and not be confused about who some character is supposed to be are when you switch artists, and his writing is good enough to completely carry it. Plus you'll have a much deeper appreciation for just how good of an artist Murata is.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I prefer the ONE version because there's more of it. Once ONE has finished OPM and the last issue of the Murata version is released it will become the superior version.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Sticking to the Murata version is basically the OPM equivalent of only watching the anime and not reading ahead in the manga to spoil yourself.

Well I both only read the Murata version and also never read ahead in the manga to get spoiled, so I guess that's a fitting analogy?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

ninjewtsu posted:

Well I both only read the Murata version and also never read ahead in the manga to get spoiled, so I guess that's a fitting analogy?

Give in and do it.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

TriffTshngo posted:

Which is a weird analogy now that it's actually getting an anime, but you know what I mean.

These threads are going to have a hell of a time keeping track of what is and isn't a spoiler when the anime comes out and there are three different mediums all at different points to be caught up to.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sometimes I read the Murata chapter and I'm so blown away by how good it is that I have to go read the ONE version to see how it compares. I don't do this very often. The ONE version is fine for writing and composition, but I'll pick the Murata version every time. It's just so drat pretty and worth the wait.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i don't like ONE's artwork at all

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

These threads are going to have a hell of a time keeping track of what is and isn't a spoiler when the anime comes out and there are three different mediums all at different points to be caught up to.

The Murata thread will laugh behind the backs of the anime thread for being behind while the ONE thread will laugh behind the backs of the Murata thread.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I stopped reading the ONE version because you don't get the visual humour of insanely detailed scenes with ONE-style Saitama face.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My thirst for more OPM lead me to reading ONE's version, the art (thanks to its great composition) is Good Enough knowing Murata is following along making things better.
All the extra side chapters and probably important additional details means I just can't miss out on Murata's version, so it's all just a great double-feature.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Eej posted:

I stopped reading the ONE version because you don't get the visual humour of insanely detailed scenes with ONE-style Saitama face.

this is my exact reason also

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Luceid posted:

i don't like ONE's artwork at all

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Sometimes I read the Murata chapter and I'm so blown away by how good it is that I have to go read the ONE version to see how it compares. I don't do this very often. The ONE version is fine for writing and composition, but I'll pick the Murata version every time. It's just so drat pretty and worth the wait.

Pretty much this.

ONE is a fantastic writer and storyboard, just not a great artist. That's fine, I'm reading his version whenever I need my story fix, but it just makes me want the Murata version even more

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If ONE wasn't busy with the actual manga, I'd like him to do the storyboards for the anime.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Waffleman_ posted:

If ONE wasn't busy with the actual manga

I don't think you have to worry about that one too much, although him being busy with Mob is a different story.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The cover for volume 8. It's perfect. :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

The cover for volume 8. It's perfect. :allears:

That owns bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
So I know Viz Media licensed the manga for updates in their Shonen Jump thing, but is there any news on them releasing localized volumes? Because I need all them covers so far, but I want it in English and on my bookshelf. Why must these things be so difficult. :negative: