Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

OH MY GOD SHUT UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
All you SJWs have thin skin and are just outraged about everything, let me prove this by crying about it over a hundred posts.

Hey Ropekid thanks for making the change. Now please stop breaking your game mechanics while trying to fix them :bahgawd:

admataY posted:

Since when did RPG fans gotten so lovely? was it always like this and I didn't know because we didn't have internet back in the day ?

Welcome to nerds.

EDIT: As far as unarmed goes on monks, for sheer damage, unarmed is going to beat just about everything against low-medium DR enemies until you get heavily enchanted weapons (I believe monk unarmed does the same damage as medium fine weapons, while being even faster then the fast weapons). However at a certain point weapons that are heavily enchanted will bypass it, and then will also gain their weapon bonuses (hatchet deflection, stilleto DR bypassing, etc).

Originally monks wanted to attack as fast as possible because their design doc had their attacks curing them of their wounds (which would mean they'd take less damage), but with the monk changes since then, there's no longer any major benefit to it.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 4, 2015

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Were the soul memories also added by kickstarters? I skimmed through a few, but it felt like half of them were about people waiting for a ship to depart or prostitutes stealing money or something so I stopped bothering.

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~

Black Baby Goku posted:

Oh no! A joke hurt my feelings!!!

Die you loving freak!!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

admataY posted:

Since when did RPG fans gotten so lovely? was it always like this and I didn't know because we didn't have internet back in the day ?

Is this a serious question

If I could find the original grognards.txt I would link you to it, but this will have to do.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698899

Look at it. These are the people that grew up on old school RPGs. This is the proto-RPGer, in all it's trogoodytic glory. Yes, RPG fans have always been absolutely loving atrocious.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The rapture can't come soon enough.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
Have any hard numbers about attack speed & recovery surfaced yet? I don't know if I want a dual rogue or 2h. I expect it'll boringly be "2h because of huge DR" but I wonder if the attack speed makes up for it even knowing you'll be doing super low damage (or that crits will take over)

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
yeah honestly who loving cares about the joke fix your poo poo game, Nerd

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Sadly the network communication issues with Windows 7 still aren't fixed so I guess I'm stuck juggling my connection between LAN and wireless every time I want to play and stream/download stuff. And the companion stat changes aren't retroactive for my saves at least. Oh well.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is this a serious question

If I could find the original grognards.txt I would link you to it, but this will have to do.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698899

Look at it. These are the people that grew up on old school RPGs. This is the proto-RPGer, in all it's trogoodytic glory. Yes, RPG fans have always been absolutely loving atrocious.

Ah yes, grognards.txt, where nerds get angry that other nerds on the Internet prefer the second edition of AD&D.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Peztopiary posted:

It's not RPG fans who are lovely, it's gamers

Actually I think it's just "people on the internet" in general that are scary idiots. Like I literally cannot imagine having nothing better to do in life than be on any "side" of these kinds of poo poo fests unless you're making money off it somehow which is at least a reason, if not an ethically awesome one

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Anyone have a list of things this patch accidentally broke trying to fix other things? I know the whole "adventurers lose their voice" issue, and someone else mentioned lockpicking doesn't work anymore.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is 17/14/14/10/13/10 an O.K lineup for the Spearbarin?

Also what is the most Greek of the Cultures?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Peztopiary posted:

It's not RPG fans who are lovely, it's gamers. RPG fans are off having arguments about D&D (which aren't any more or less stupid but at least have the decency to generally require people to be face-to-face (let's ignore people who argue about RPGs online) and thus are slightly less poisonous.) and rolling dice at each other. I'm going to make an all chanter group, and have a couple of them be terrible melee fighter chanters. Seriously, if you last long enough to get the third line of your song off and start summoning things you'd have 18 skellies running around and it'd be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEgh8TUlpQc

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Actually I think it's just "people on the internet" in general that are scary idiots. Like I literally cannot imagine having nothing better to do in life than be on any "side" of these kinds of poo poo fests unless you're making money off it somehow which is at least a reason, if not an ethically awesome one

gently caress off, human being

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Falsum posted:

Ah yes, grognards.txt, where nerds get angry that other nerds on the Internet prefer the second edition of AD&D.

Son you're doing yourself a disservice by just assuming edition wars. The first post doesn't even contain any edition war content, it's just grognards being awful human beings in the general sense.

Edit: Wait no there is one edition war quote at the very end.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand it feels kind of gamey to use doorways too funnel the enemy. But on the other hand it totally worked to defeat Raedric's gang.

Captain Concept
Aug 23, 2014

Peztopiary posted:

I'm going to make an all chanter group, and have a couple of them be terrible melee fighter chanters. Seriously, if you last long enough to get the third line of your song off and start summoning things you'd have 18 skellies running around and it'd be amazing.

6 Rogue's is also beautiful. Blinding Strike or Crippling Strike = x6 Sneak Attacks :D I found that, Pale Elf (Or Godlike, because Dexterity) works really well. 14 Might, 19 Dex, 15 Perception (White that Wends) is a good duelist Rogue build. Can usually deal with 2-3 Kith by themselves.

6 of any of the Classes is beautiful... hmm... 6 Monks might be bad though, cus only one or two is going to get wounds. 6 Ciphers doing Puppet Master or Whispers of Treason might be fun too.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Falsum posted:

.txt people are 9/10 the same type of people being made fun of, except with fedora/anime hair instead of fedora/anime hair

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

People actually spend time reading those memorial things? :confused:

There's like hundreds of them and they are all boring as poo poo.

Popete posted:

On the one hand it feels kind of gamey to use doorways too funnel the enemy. But on the other hand it totally worked to defeat Raedric's gang.

It's a good strategy that is used in actual warfare so its very far from gamey.

BattleHamster fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 4, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StashAugustine posted:

OH MY GOD SHUT UP

:agreed:

Black Baby Goku posted:

gently caress off, human being

I'm only half fag. On my dad's side. :shrug:

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Falsum posted:

I think 3.5 is better than 4

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Is 17/14/14/10/13/10 an O.K lineup for the Spearbarin?

Also what is the most Greek of the Cultures?

Yeah, but you really don't need that much Con (my Barb has 12 Con and still more Endurance than Eder at 16), and when using a 2H weapon, Dex might give you more bang for your buck than Might, and boost a weaker save as well. I'd try something like 15/12/16/10/16/9 maybe.

E: For 1H spears I guess you could do 17 Mig/14 Dex though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Popete posted:

I feel like the game is designed with the intention of you using the terrain to your advantage, which includes holding choke points.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

All you SJWs have thin skin and are just outraged about everything, let me prove this by crying about it over a hundred posts.

You don't care, let me tell you I don't care!!!!! I am paper, you are glue you shitlord motherfucker!!!

I'm glad the joke changed too, because it telling you what a loving moron you are.

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I feel like the game is designed with the intention of you using the terrain to your advantage, which includes holding choke points.

Pretty sure the game is designed with the intention of you giving everyone a blunderbuss and equipping them in plate mail and then going Cortez on everyone.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Popete posted:

using chokepoints in a tactically sound manner is gamey?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Excelzior posted:

using chokepoints in a tactically sound manner is gamey?

Well not so much that. But I initated the fight with only my main dude and had my party in the side room. Then drew half the enemies over killed them and mopped up the rest. It felt pretty gamey.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Popete posted:

Nah, that's good tactics, gamey is when you permaprone bosses using slicken and laugh as the big guys fall on their rear end.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fish Fry Andy posted:

If doorways chokepoint killing is good enough for Doom Guy, it's good enough for a crack team of fantasy heroes.

Those of them who ever remember to do that anyways (stratemagery? What's that? :downs:)

EDIT: Also queing up waypoints for walking is loving useless when even set to single file people will blob up and wander into the trap tiles so I still have to move people one at a loving time in the tutorial cave :sigh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 4, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

cool tree bro posted:

Pretty sure the game is designed with the intention of you giving everyone a blunderbuss and equipping them in plate mail and then going Cortez on everyone.

I'm the loving Oprah of arquebuses. I don't think any of my companions lack one.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
When are they going to add an ability hotbar I can just slap abilities onto so I can go "click click click" to do three things instead of "click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click" to do three things.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Section Z posted:

If doorways chokepoint killing is good enough for Doom Guy, it's good enough for a crack team of fantasy heroes.

Those of them who ever remember to do that anyways (stratemagery? What's that? :downs:)

EDIT: Also queing up waypoints for walking is loving useless when even set to single file people will blob up and wander into the trap tiles so I still have to move people one at a loving time in the tutorial cave :sigh:

I wish NPCs would path around traps that you've already spotted. That would be incredibly helpful for places like that.

vvv That's because the most insufferable nerds are the loudest.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Pellisworth posted:

right business decision

I'm not so sure about that. Look at the Steam forums and the Obsidian forums, and you'll see that most people posting are unhappy about the change. This trend is recurring: Hatred became the #1 greenlight title on Steam despite being incredibly "politically incorrect", and the pictures of its greenlight stats show that the percentage of no's was actually far lower than the average top 50 greenlight title (13% against 59% no's, despite having almost twice the total votes). GTA V sells millions despite being decried as sexist, racist, whatever else.

Azraelle posted:

I think 3.5 is better than 4

Me too, I think giving everyone spells makes everything feel too samey.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

cool tree bro posted:

Helllllllllllll yeahhh

GotY

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

Black Baby Goku posted:

anyone would think its reasonable to kill yourself if you accidentally sleep with a tranny

That's not true, many people do not think it is reasonable to kill yourself for any reason. Its also extremely immature and offensive for you to use that slur along with the term "human being."

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

GreatGreen posted:

When are they going to add an ability hotbar I can just slap abilities onto so I can go "click click click" to do three things instead of "click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click" to do three things.

Mouseover abilities and press 'q', 'w', and so on to add them to the existing ability hotbar.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mandy Thompson posted:

That's not true, many people do not think it is reasonable to kill yourself for any reason. Its also extremely immature and offensive for you to use that slur along with the term "human being."

What're you trying to say

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Falsum posted:

I'm not so sure about that. Look at the Steam forums and the Obsidian forums, and you'll see that most people posting are unhappy about the change. This trend is recurring: Hatred became the #1 greenlight title on Steam despite being incredibly "politically incorrect", and the pictures of its greenlight stats show that the percentage of no's was actually far lower than the average top 50 greenlight title (13% against 59% no's, despite having almost twice the total votes). GTA V sells millions despite being decried as sexist, racist, whatever else.

Me too, I think giving everyone spells makes everything feel too samey.

I never understood what the hell social combat was or why you'd want it in a role playing game, and I never played at levels where spell caster balance became a serious problem. Also I prefer BRP since it does everything except combat better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mandy Thompson posted:

most people if they accidentally slept with a man they thought was a woman would get sick to the point of suicide

• Locked thread