Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

logarius is cool because he's basically a castlevania boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

logarius is the boss I had the most trouble with. chain parrying him is the way to go, you can do it!!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

fighting rom in the chalice dungeons sucks jfc

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Get a lightning weapon, also use the pillars to block his meteors. That worked for me, but yeah that fight is tedious. The boss after him though is really cool though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Something died and gave me echoes when I was running around the abandoned workshop.

Creepy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The bunches of bottles you can kick over in the slum at the bottom of the workshop tower is my new favorite thing in this game.

That place is creepy too though, but it doesn't seem to really go anywhere.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ive managed to roll right into the same wind up attack against the wet nurse like 4 times in a row now

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I cant wait to fight wet nurse again because i had the attack bug and now i set it to close apps when i rest mode

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh, it's on the church.

Oh.................

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
these insight suckers are piss

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Welp, RIP queenie

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Glenn_Beckett posted:

these insight suckers are piss

Wait till you get to Mensis and meet the singing brains.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the last stretch of this game is quite difficult

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
u know whts difficult... invading a chalice dungeon lol
im staring at this matchmaking window for 10 minutes now

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i got a pvp match right before the vicar fight
there were 2 guys and they both had canons, and i died because the canon is powerful

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i just started throwing myself at vicar, that's a really fun fight but i always get chumped at some point for being cocky

i wish i had more fire things for my weapon she hates that poo poo

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I was not expecting to encounter the Las Plagas in this game.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
drat this game was awesome, I have one last hurdle to clear, but this was for sure one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, gonna try to do more multiplayer on New Game +.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Psycobladder posted:

drat this game was awesome, I have one last hurdle to clear, but this was for sure one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, gonna try to do more multiplayer on New Game +.

im kinda disappointed cause I havent run into any invasion stuff yet.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

im kinda disappointed cause I havent run into any invasion stuff yet.

sadly u gotta ring bells or be in the nightmare

Dec 26, 2012

this pistol rapier is cool as heck

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i wish put any points into dex* because it gets s dex* scaling

*translator's note by dex i mean skill

Dec 26, 2012

logarius is a really fun fight that i keep loving up for no good reason

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
well Rom's dead and now everything's all hosed

any old areas I should re-explore now that the skies are all hosed up and theres big cthulhu monsters everywhere? besides the cathedral area I mean

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i feel like the strategy for logarius is to be extremely aggressive in the first phase and extremely passive in the second.

and don't miss that backstab when he powers up

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

CharlestonJew posted:

well Rom's dead and now everything's all hosed

any old areas I should re-explore now that the skies are all hosed up and theres big cthulhu monsters everywhere? besides the cathedral area I mean

if you didnt go to iosefka's clinic earlier you should do it now. if you did, and didnt kill iosefka, you should also kill her right now

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

i feel like the strategy for logarius is to be extremely aggressive in the first phase and extremely passive in the second.

and don't miss that backstab when he powers up

sounds about right

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

what's the tightest starting gun?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pistol comes out faster and does more damage, but blunderbuss has a cone and a bigger parry window

Dec 26, 2012

pistol is probably better at the very beginning, you can get the other soon enough though so whatever

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
should I upgrade to the repeating pistol ever? does the damage really matter or is it easier to interrupt with? its literally the only thing I use pistol for

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
if you only care about parrying, don't use pistols.

i literally cheesed half of the bosses by using bone marrow ash + repeating pistol.

Dec 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

should I upgrade to the repeating pistol ever? does the damage really matter or is it easier to interrupt with? its literally the only thing I use pistol for

probably not if youre just using guns for parrying

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hubris.height posted:

you can level bloodtinge and upgrade/gem the poo poo out of guns to get okay damage, but the repeater sucks for parries

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

The cannon is the only thing where the damage is meaningful but it uses half you ammo so it's still a gimmick weapon that you use for a finishing shot or a laugh

its pretty nice if you have the runes that give you bullets back when you visceral

Dec 26, 2012

also worth mentioning cannon goes up 20% damage per upgrade instead of 10%

Zodar
May 21, 2007

The Reiterpallasch also does decent damage with its bullets, and allows you to weave gunshots into your melee combos -- a very stylish trick

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the cannon will put the fear of god into anything you shoot with it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im still using the blunderbuss because itsb adass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Zodar posted:

The Reiterpallasch also does decent damage with its bullets, and allows you to weave gunshots into your melee combos -- a very stylish trick

it is good