Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My king is currently in someone's army and I can't get him out of it. I need to send him on Hajj how do I rectify this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

dj_clawson posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for building up moral authority to reform Germanic Paganism? I have 3 out of 5 sites, but the other two are pretty well-held by Catholics. There's some business about holy wars, which I don't have, but also maybe burning bishoprics?

Do you have boats unlocked yet? If so, you want to start attacking the Irish minors. Quick MA to be made there. Either raid them or take their land, depending on if you want to be expanding or not.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

verbal enema posted:

My king is currently in someone's army and I can't get him out of it. I need to send him on Hajj how do I rectify this.

If you are independent then you are leading one of your own armies. Locate the army and assign a different commander/disband it. If you are the vassal of an emperor, you are out of luck and must wait until your liege decides to lower your levies.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bloodly posted:

I do too. Especially if, for instance, clicking something like the 'shame if something happened to it' took you to the Diplomacy Screen of the head of the kingdom giving the threat. It's the sort of thing that could both alert you and show you odd or interesting things.

Seriously, it may sound weird, but I think it'd be interesting.

The paradox grogs would lose their poo poo over it, though. Which means I'm all for it. The series needs more silly and alt-history DLC.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Torrannor posted:

If you are independent then you are leading one of your own armies. Locate the army and assign a different commander/disband it. If you are the vassal of an emperor, you are out of luck and must wait until your liege decides to lower your levies.

I guess I was imprisoned? I declared war on the guy and immediately returned to court :???:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have no idea why he is a Sultan.

As far as I can tell he has literally no connection to Islam or any Middle-Eastern cultures. He probably has a lot of Umayyad in him like most of my dynasty but the Umayyads have been Occitan for centuries at this point.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 1, 2015

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Check the culture of his main county holding.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Hey the Byzantines are having a civil war, time to pick off some pieces -

:stare: Well then. I've never seen eight before. Three other pieces (Croatia, Crimea, and Aleppo) managed to split off before the seven (!!) claimant wars started.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Check the culture of his main county holding.

As far as I can tell he does hold any titles outside of Scandinavia and has never. He has however magically changed into a king now so I´m guessing it's some very minor bug.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

My Byzantine ruler got the nickname Ironside after fighting off a Jihad for Anatolia with just a bit of help from Georgia and nobody else.

Basileus Michael Ironside.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

FreudianSlippers posted:

As far as I can tell he does hold any titles outside of Scandinavia and has never. He has however magically changed into a king now so I´m guessing it's some very minor bug.

As far as minor bugs go I like it. I can totally see some rulers trying out new titles in times of political difficulty or just for their ego.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Can you upgrade tribal buildings into a city as a feudal ruler? Just captured a tribe with a level 4 town so I know that was one of the requirements to turn it into a city if I went republic...but I didn't.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

My Byzantine ruler got the nickname Ironside after fighting off a Jihad for Anatolia with just a bit of help from Georgia and nobody else.

Basileus Michael Ironside.

Screenshots please

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

As far as minor bugs go I like it. I can totally see some rulers trying out new titles in times of political difficulty or just for their ego.

In one game that I had, a ruler in Spain was called the Sultan and had Arabic clothing despite being Catholic and having Andalusian culture. I guess that was a bug but I really like the idea of rulers keeping stuff from their former lieges even after they're independent.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Hadaka Apron posted:

In one game that I had, a ruler in Spain was called the Sultan and had Arabic clothing despite being Catholic and having Andalusian culture. I guess that was a bug but I really like the idea of rulers keeping stuff from their former lieges even after they're independent.

Andalusian in the game is an Arabic culture so the clothing and the ruler title is by design.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
You've never heard of Al Andaluz, Hadaka?

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I just hadn't realized that it was considered an Arabic culture even though I knew it was ruled by the Umayyads at the time.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Andalusian always refers to the Moorish/Spanish Muslim culture, but the timeframe of the game determines whether it's Arabic/North African or Spanish. I believe in EU4 Andalusian is in the Spanish group. In EU3 if you formed Spain then Andalusian was one of the accepted cultures even if you were doing it as Granada and vice-versa for the Castilian/Catalan cultures.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Can you upgrade tribal buildings into a city as a feudal ruler? Just captured a tribe with a level 4 town so I know that was one of the requirements to turn it into a city if I went republic...but I didn't.

Last I checked, you could only do city/castle as the respective ruler types.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I reformed Norse Paganism and now the game is screaming at me that I don't have an heir of my dynasty.

I have eight kids! I even tried legitimizing one of my bastards to see if it took. It didn't.

Please tell me game is just having fun joke.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Vengarr posted:

I reformed Norse Paganism and now the game is screaming at me that I don't have an heir of my dynasty.

I have eight kids! I even tried legitimizing one of my bastards to see if it took. It didn't.

And your succession law is? Who does the game think your heir is?

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Some changes just make the game confused about succession. Saving and restarting usually clears up the messages but it should go as it is supposed to even if you don't.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How does Islam manage to stay so strong no matter what is thrown at it?

They only hold one of their holy places, Baghdad, and even that was held by Catholics for a few decades and is still Catholic. Yet they still have moral authority through the roof and don't seem to be having any trouble with heresy. Meanwhile Catholicism holds all it's holy places for centuries,has totally wiped out both Orthodox and all pagan religions other than Tengri and every ruler west of Cairo is Catholic but heresy is rampant and moral authority keeps dropping up and down like a yo-yo.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

How does Islam manage to stay so strong no matter what is thrown at it?

They only hold one of their holy places, Baghdad, and even that was held by Catholics for a few decades and is still Catholic. Yet they still have moral authority through the roof and don't seem to be having any trouble with heresy. Meanwhile Catholicism holds all it's holy places for centuries,has totally wiped out both Orthodox and all pagan religions other than Tengri and every ruler west of Cairo is Catholic but heresy is rampant and moral authority keeps dropping up and down like a yo-yo.

The Caliph usually has mad piety which contributes to MA, and they get at least 15% if he holds a holy site (5% for holding it, 10% for it being held by a Sunni).

There really need to be more ways with which to influence MA; just about the only one right now is Charlemagne burning the tree, which is uhh, I guess it makes it slightly harder to reform Norse? Which is good?

But something like, whoever wins the reconquista getting a boost with the loser getting a penalty (And both losing if say, the Aztecs or Norse take over) would probs be better.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

But something like, whoever wins the reconquista getting a boost with the loser getting a penalty (And both losing if say, the Aztecs or Norse take over) would probs be better.

What's the difference between this and north Iberia having a Catholic holy site and south Iberia having a Sunni one?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
It's a bit annoying that two of the Germanic holy sites are in the dead center of the Francia kingdoms, meaning you basically are forced into getting 50% MA to reform the faith. I'm not sure exactly how to push it up enough to get that though.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

It's a bit annoying that two of the Germanic holy sites are in the dead center of the Francia kingdoms, meaning you basically are forced into getting 50% MA to reform the faith. I'm not sure exactly how to push it up enough to get that though.

Burn down lots of temples.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Both times I've done it involved conquering Zeeland. Usually requires spending all your prestige to pump out a bunch of free tribal armies.

Once you have Zeeland, you just gotta walk around Ireland sacking every single temple over and over. I had a bunch of negative modifiers from my idiot fellow norse losing rebellions to infidels, so I ended up needing to sack 20 drat temples to get the needed MA.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

They're not dead centre though. One is coastal and the other is only a couple of counties away from Denmark and the coast.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Darth Windu posted:

Screenshots please

This dude ruled. Lived to age 70 and took over most of Croatia, Pecheneg, and Sicily. Too bad he became incapable for the last 3 years or so and my jagoff spymaster became my regent and embezzled a bunch of money and lowered my crown authority and joined a bunch of factions. gently caress that guy.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

GSD posted:

Burn down lots of temples.

Between this and county conquests I have no idea how anyone struggles with reforming germanic.
It is really, really easy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Germanic is one of the easiest faiths to reform. Just ally with Saxony and make sure they don't get wiped out and then invaded by everyone so they maintain control of the 4th holy site, and run laps around the perimeter of Ireland burning down temples. It only takes one of those retinues that has 550 troops for 450 cap, plus about 300 vassal levies to burn down a shitload of churches. Then do county conquests to get piety. Svipjod is the easiest because you have all of Finland available for county conquests, plus Ireland and Brittany.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

TheBlackRoija posted:

Between this and county conquests I have no idea how anyone struggles with reforming germanic.
It is really, really easy.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Svipjod is the easiest because you have all of Finland available for county conquests, plus Ireland and Brittany.

Yeah, with the CM Sigurd Ring start it's not tough to get it done before the viking age even starts by subjugating Denmark, fabricating a claim in Norway and then running a train through Finland.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
So I was pretty distraught to learn that the GOT mods custom portraits were less... fabulous than I remembered.

:shudder:
So I set out to make them be less hideous:

After minutes and minutes of hard work my dream is a finally reality.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Am I right in remembering that a save exported to EU4 will auto grant HRE mechanics to an empire if the HRE doesn't already exist?
I've got an elective Empire of Britain, and there's a Primogeniture Empire of Francia across the water. Neither of us can found the HRE in CK2, but I like the mechanics and would like them to be present when I export.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Schizotek posted:

So I was pretty distraught to learn that the GOT mods custom portraits were less... fabulous than I remembered.

:shudder:
So I set out to make them be less hideous:

After minutes and minutes of hard work my dream is a finally reality.

This is cool and good.

Please make it so that instead of just being Russians the Ibbenese are actually really hairy motherfuckers. This shouldn't be much more complicated than making it so they only have access to huge beards and long hair and can't be clean shaven.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

What's the difference between this and north Iberia having a Catholic holy site and south Iberia having a Sunni one?
That 10% just isn't a bump that matters in the least, except for being a death-knell if they're already struggling and especially for Sunni muslims it's just a joke, because they already get so much MA from holding all but one and the mad piety that the Caliph has.

Maybe something so that if the Caliph is decadent the MA goes down? Already you have the fact that there is never, ever a liberation revolt despite the caliph never forming kingdoms, so there's got to be something to be done to destabilize them.

Also lol at norse being hard to reform, try any other pagan (except maybe Romuva) on for size and tell me that again.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Why do the computers not have a restriction on how many times they can ask you to war during a set period, but you do? It's just a bomb that goes off on your prestige, and it's obnoxious.

EDITSeriously, I've been asked to join the same war multiple times in A MONTH.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why do the computers not have a restriction on how many times they can ask you to war during a set period, but you do? It's just a bomb that goes off on your prestige, and it's obnoxious.

EDITSeriously, I've been asked to join the same war multiple times in A MONTH.

Just accept the call to war and then don't bother to intervene. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I caught the white stag.

I CAUGHT THE WHITE STAG!

I also got the demon spawn event with the same ruler, and I decided to execute my demon daughter after she gave her older brother a stroke and killed her sister.

• Locked thread