Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I dropped the network after the Rumble and just resubbed for Mania. Anything new or good on since I dropped it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TheJoker138 posted:

I dropped the network after the Rumble and just resubbed for Mania. Anything new or good on since I dropped it?

Really good NXT if you didn't watch that elsewhere. New Countdowns if that's your bag.

Was the Booker T 24 documentary up before? Because that's good too.

Oh and Reigns/Bryan had a sweet match at Fast Lane. You can skip the rest of the PPV.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sticklefifer posted:

We all know what the real ECW classics were:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXy7AvQgS6A

I've must have seen that promo a hundred times, because the script for that voice over is burned into my brain.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

TheJoker138 posted:

The Macho Man doc that just went up is awfully good.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Why's it still do bloody difficult to find and watch a wrestling match on a sodding wrestling network?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I've must have seen that promo a hundred times, because the script for that voice over is burned into my brain.

I was so disappointed when I finally saw the Kimona Wanalaya thing years later.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Okay, so I resubbed. Now I kinda want some stuff to watch now without binging on it. Think I already got X-Seven watched when I first got back, and was gonna try to watch Hunter vs Steve from 31. Other than that.... I can't decide. It's literally a fuckload of PPVs.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

widespread posted:

Okay, so I resubbed. Now I kinda want some stuff to watch now without binging on it. Think I already got X-Seven watched when I first got back, and was gonna try to watch Hunter vs Steve from 31. Other than that.... I can't decide. It's literally a fuckload of PPVs.

I'm watching ECW PPVs from 98 - 99 one per week and they're rad as gently caress.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm watching ECW PPVs from 98 - 99 one per week and they're rad as gently caress.

That does sound kickin' rad, to be honest. I'm guessing you started at Heatwave 98?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm guessing you haven't reached November 2 Remember 98, or blocked it from your mind.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Didn't ECW kind of suck rear end in '98 or am I misremembering things

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shield v evolution was such a good loving feud

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MassRafTer posted:

I'm guessing you haven't reached November 2 Remember 98, or blocked it from your mind.

Ahaha, I watch while either lifting weights or writing so I kinda just tune the terrible poo poo out and pay attention to the good stuff.

Edit: you also need to have a high tolerance for The Franchise Shane Douglas, the Only Reason There is an ECW. Which you should cuz he owns.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 4, 2015

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can't access the network from my pc for some reason. i've tried firefox and chrome, netflix and amazon prime work fine, adblock has been turned off, etc, but nothing on the network will load for me. i dont have any greasemonkey or other dork script blockers enabled please advise

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i fixed it

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Genericide posted:

Why's it still do bloody difficult to find and watch a wrestling match on a sodding wrestling network?

I avoid the search function and use the internet. Easier and faster.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oldpainless posted:

This cannot be emphasized enough. The Extreme Rules match was amazing and the Payback match had such a unique story for an elimination match that really wrapped up the feud perfectly.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

oldpainless posted:

It was great because 1. it was essentially a dream match and 2. the feud ended before it could go bad and it consisted of essentially nothing but really, really, good matches because of that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It also brought us the biggest heel turn in a long time, and Batista doing the queen's wave.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

sportsgenius86 posted:

- The Shield Original Special

This is probably a dumb question, but where can I find this? I see "First Look - The Shield" but where is the entire original special?

I just watched the Booker T special.

I forgot how much I loved Harlem Heat when I was a kid. They were awesome.

The guy who hired him after he got out of prison must be a great dude. He paid for Booker and Stevie to go to wrestling school because he told all his employees if he could help them better themselves he would. I'd like to think I'd do that for an employee but I am not sure. Well, wrestling school I'd pay for because I am a mark of all marks, but nothing else hah

I know the WWE has never had a black champion and that is disgraceful, although when I looked back I'm not sure who they would have put the belt on, except Booker T. He was just great. In the last 20 years out of all the black wrestlers in WWE who could have had the title, Booker was the best of them (if you don't count The Rock obviously).

Man, imagine a character called "GI Bro" now. The internet would collapse under outrage. Or maybe not, for some reason I know I let things in wrestling slide I'd be outraged about in any other setting. This is an industry that had Mexicans ride lawnmowers to the ring only a decade ago (this one did bother me and I would pray to god no one walked in during their entrance).

Last thing....where the gently caress is my Golddust Booker T 2 hour special? That combo was just outstanding.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 5, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
GI Bro is one of the Broforce characters, right?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

so wtf is that tv-ma wwe cartoon gonna be like? if vince and seth green are trying to get $10 worth of trainweck curiosity out of me they are probably going to succeed.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Ribsauce posted:

I know the WWE has never had a black champion and that is disgraceful, although when I looked back I'm not sure who they would have put the belt on, except Booker T. He was just great. In the last 20 years out of all the black wrestlers in WWE who could have had the title, Booker was the best of them (if you don't count The Rock obviously).

Pretty sure King Booker had the strap.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

WeaselWeaz posted:

Pretty sure King Booker had the strap.

world heavyweight championship not wwe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ribsauce posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but where can I find this? I see "First Look - The Shield" but where is the entire original special?

The guy who hired him after he got out of prison must be a great dude. He paid for Booker and Stevie to go to wrestling school because he told all his employees if he could help them better themselves he would. I'd like to think I'd do that for an employee but I am not sure. Well, wrestling school I'd pay for because I am a mark of all marks, but nothing else hah

Man, imagine a character called "GI Bro" now. The internet would collapse under outrage. Or maybe not, for some reason I know I let things in wrestling slide I'd be outraged about in any other setting. This is an industry that had Mexicans ride lawnmowers to the ring only a decade ago (this one did bother me and I would pray to god no one walked in during their entrance).

Last thing....where the gently caress is my Golddust Booker T 2 hour special? That combo was just outstanding.

They badly wanted Lashley to reach that level and were trying to sign Bob Sapp for the same push but he wouldn't sign due to the dates involved.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

I think it's called Journey to Summerslam or something like that. It's under Original Specials.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Ribsauce posted:

It's kind of disingenuous to try to not count The Rock as a black champion to make a point.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Maxwell Lord posted:

GI Bro is one of the Broforce characters, right?

gi bro is a heel in hoodslam

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's kind of disingenuous to try to not count The Rock as a black champion to make a point.

Seriously. As a kid we always identified Rocky as black.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Just to be clear I count him as a black champion. Although I just read what I wrote and basically say the exact opposite hah. However, when the "WWE has never had a black champion" article came out and during the aftermath a lot of people discounted him because he was half samoan. The article writer even said the Rock was "African Canadian" to get around giving him credit, which was the biggest manipulation of facts possible to allow you to keep your premise.

Also, MVP said he asked who the Rock's favorite rapper was and the Rock had no answer since he likes country therefore he is not a true brother :rolleyes:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, yeah.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Ribsauce posted:

Also, MVP said he asked who the Rock's favorite rapper was and the Rock had no answer since he likes country therefore he is not a true brother :rolleyes:

I hope rock sang rap is crap after that

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

We all know what the real ECW classics were:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXy7AvQgS6A

Jesus Christ that's a trip down memory lane. Now if anyone can find that promo they used to run that was just a history of all the world title holders starting with Shane Douglas throwing down the belt. And everytime they had a new champion in the promo, the music would be their entrance song. I'll never forget it simply for the fact at how much of a big deal they made of Mikey Whipwreck beating Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The best part of the video is Austin starts laughing at 1:45 and is still laughing so hard 45 seconds later he has to roll his window up.
edit

This was his best song though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWW2QY-ybr4
I think I will play it at my wedding :)

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 9, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Vicki might have just been one of the best workers in the company for the past however many years. She did whatever the E asked her to do, and unlike Kane or Big Show she could get people screaming or laughing or both or something.

Also she was just the nicest lady if you caught her before a show. I remember waiting in line at the American Airlines Center, and a little girl noticed her walking into the building.

"Vicki, you're pretty!" she said.

Vicki stopped, smiled, waved and said thank you. This was after like 10 or so wrestlers ignoring the fans on their way in. Vicki was cool.:unsmith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Shield vs. Evolution might be the best 2 month feud of all time.

I just realized Rollins being The Guy in terms of actually being champ means I can't see The Shield ever getting back together. I know WWE explicitly said they plan to do it within a couple years, and we're just now approaching a year, but man. Maybe The Authority eventually screws Seth and makes his life hell or something? All I know is I'm legitimately trying to imagine the god pop for SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA and it's difficult. :( Then again, DX reuniting in '06 was as unlikely as anything, so ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WWE, etc.

Also they hosed up bad not doing Reigns/HHH like they teased during and after that feud. Probably would've been solid matches, good experience, and easy face heat. Then again they well could've been planning on it before Roman got hurt.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 9, 2015

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

God the boos when Rock says the Lakers are gonna beat the Kings are some of the loudest I've ever heard from a WWE event

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Dr. rear end posted:

God the boos when Rock says the Lakers are gonna beat the Kings are some of the loudest I've ever heard from a WWE event

You want loud boos? Be a heel in Canada.

"WHO'S YOUR DADDY, MONTREAL!?"

Runner-up:

"Stronger than a bear,
Faster than a buck,
The biggest thing to hit Canada,
'Cuz the Maple Leafs suck!" (about 11:00 mark)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So in my Early RAW viewing, I've seen a weird coincidence-

1993, Marty Jannetty beats Shawn Michaels for the Intercontinental title, loses it on the rematch at a house show one or two weeks later.

1994, Marty Jannetty and the 1-2-3 Kid beat the Quebecers for the Tag Team titles. Next week, at a house show being reported on during RAW (which was probably taped beforehand) they lose it back to the Quebecers.

I guess my main question is, why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Shield vs. Evolution might be the best 2 month feud of all time.

I just realized Rollins being The Guy in terms of actually being champ means I can't see The Shield ever getting back together. I know WWE explicitly said they plan to do it within a couple years, and we're just now approaching a year, but man. Maybe The Authority eventually screws Seth and makes his life hell or something? All I know is I'm legitimately trying to imagine the god pop for SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA and it's difficult. :( Then again, DX reuniting in '06 was as unlikely as anything, so ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WWE, etc.

Also they hosed up bad not doing Reigns/HHH like they teased during and after that feud. Probably would've been solid matches, good experience, and easy face heat. Then again they well could've been planning on it before Roman got hurt.

A shield reunion would be a lot cooler of Roman wasn't still using the music.