Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

I want to buy some kind of fancy bullshit ~artisan~ strap for my hipster film camera (f3)

is the gordy any good

the weekend thread is the only place i trust with this decision

get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Wild EEPROM posted:

I want to buy some kind of fancy bullshit ~artisan~ strap for my hipster film camera (f3)

is the gordy any good

the weekend thread is the only place i trust with this decision

I had one of these I sold for some odd reason

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
These are the only straps I use now. http://www.dsptch.com/collections/straps/products/standard-camera-sling-strap-olive

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
smh if you're not using a domke gripper strap :911:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/16178-REG/Domke_742_6BK_1_5_Web_Camera_Strap.html

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

I have two of those, one of which has been in use for 12 years. I like them on big SLRs but the dsptch sling is superior in every way for a mirrorless.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I am still alive. But the weekend isn't (in most of the world). Was I absent from class the day they explained that weather near Lake Superior is always lovely?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ExecuDork posted:

I am still alive. But the weekend isn't (in most of the world). Was I absent from class the day they explained that weather near Lake Superior is always lovely?

welp, gas thread, we'll try again next year

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Further Trip Report:
Hella drunk friday making out led to some rather bold handsy actions on my part. This was not exactly appreciated, but so far has not precluded further interactions with the girl in question. The exact nature of our current or future relationship is currently up in the air. I am closing the thread with the full expectation that by next friday it may become my personal EN whine zone (or celebration space, lets just see how this love life thing shakes out).

EDIT: LOL people actually read posts in this thread

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 30, 2015

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

lol

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
oops forgot to reclose it after an edit I never actually made. Sorry for the Mrdespair posts folks. GET BACK UNDER THE PORCH

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
It's the weekend and I wish I had time for more sins so as to get my money's worth out of this savior thingy.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

voodoorootbeer posted:

It's the weekend and I wish I had time for more sins so as to get my money's worth out of this savior thingy.

wait...you're Jesus?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hi jesus

happy early resurrection

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

8th-snype posted:

wait...you're Jesus?

God works in mysterious fuckin' ways

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So is easter like a 2nd birthday for you or what

because that'd be pretty awesome

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010
What is happening in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgve4QYR9D0

GLASS IS A CIRCUIT.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Marvel posted:

GLASS IS A CIRCUIT.

Sounds like your typical nutjob who has read just enough physics books to think he's figured out where we've all hosed up. Dude thinks quantum mechanics is all a lie even, so gently caress em.

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010
Prime lenses are better because EINSTEIN WAS WRONG.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

lol he believes in the concept of ether

what a fucker

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

DJExile posted:

So is easter like a 2nd birthday for you or what

because that'd be pretty awesome

half birthday do you even consensually die at your father's hands bro?

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Marvel posted:

GLASS IS A CIRCUIT.
Which lens makes this guy shut up? I want that lens.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Probably the Nikkor 135 f3.5 AI.

It's got 4 elements.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

Probably the Nikkor 135 f3.5 AI.

It's got 4 elements.

Double gauss designs are the best. gently caress correcting aberrations. gently caress retrofocal lenses. gently caress everything.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
einstein made up waive-particle duality to get his zoom lens business off the ground you know

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
I signed up to shoot Varsity baseball at 11 and JV at 130.

Home team's schedule confirms that. Cool. Home team's twitter says Varsity is playing a double header starting at noon. Wait, what?

Then the away team schedule shows that Varsity plays at 9am and JV plays at 1130.

:psyduck:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Installing hardwood on a long weekend. It's surprisingly easy.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if we are naming things like hdr hut now, then i suggest:

canon camdon new jersey

pentax public housing

general photography gary, indiana

film favela

landscape landfill

etc

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
No other reason but I feel like it.

Hail SHortbus!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

VendaGoat posted:

Hail SHortbus!

Also, what's up with 8th-Snype? Is all this a long-winded, elaborate "Lol got laid" still in boost phase?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ExecuDork posted:

Also, what's up with 8th-Snype? Is all this a long-winded, elaborate "Lol got laid" still in boost phase?

Oh yeah, no nothing's going on. We need to "talk" but apparently not urgently enough to do it this week. I didn't think anyone actually read those posts sorry dude.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Two week old wine is surprisingly drinkable, but I wouldn't suggested it as a session drink unless you like consuming live yeast and the terrible ramifications.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

live yeast and the terrible ramifications.

MODS

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

live yeast and the terrible ramifications.

That's one of the best band names I've seen.

I make wine and beer myself, so of course Quality Control demands we sample during each step of production. What are these terrible ramifications? :ohdear:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

ExecuDork posted:

That's one of the best band names I've seen.

I make wine and beer myself, so of course Quality Control demands we sample during each step of production. What are these terrible ramifications? :ohdear:

http://youtu.be/b7l6jg4Hlog

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
I moved/am moving in. Moving sucks.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Welcome to the weekend grind dorks.
What's good

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

Welcome to the weekend grind dorks.
What's good

Eating a baller sammich then gonna fight traffic to take some dogge portraits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
wedding tomorrow whoooo

family portraits on sunday whoooo

make the money don't let the money make you am i right

• Locked thread