Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

japtor posted:

Cock's Kitchen

This week on Cock''s Kitchen, like last week, it's spam and beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jack of Hearts posted:

James May is a demonstrably better chef than Gordon Ramsey, I'd like him to have his own cookery show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlMLqdvHzI

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!
Speaking of: James makes pie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGriqtMSqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBF0kvrywI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THkgyvP_FTE

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That RAF towel owns. I love that he's doing these videos now :allears:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Where's the rest? I hate when they cut an episode right before the good part!

T1g4h posted:

That RAF towel owns. I love that he's doing these videos now :allears:

The most British man... in the world.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Sonofa b. He's ~good~. I'd watch this straight up. I thought his manlab stuff was .. less him, and more script. Turns out, he's just a great presenter.

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!
Can we send James to the ISS with a GoPro and a microphone? That sounds like it'd cover at least four or five specials worth of footage.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've always said I'd watch James narrate pretty much anything... and now I can.

:allears:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

KillHour posted:

Where's the rest? I hate when they cut an

Part 4

I actually hope he does the bicycle repair film...

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

IOwnCalculus posted:

I've always said I'd watch James narrate pretty much anything... and now I can.

:allears:

Seriously, James quitting Top Gear has been the best thing ever so far.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I'd totally be okay with a new show called "James May Does Things" which consists of James going around doing ordinary things and talking about them, possibly while drinking wine.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
James May smiles and nods in a blazer while Mike capers around and says Oi what a crackin motor and Edd China actually does a goddamn thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

PT6A posted:

I'd totally be okay with a new show called "James May Does Things" which consists of James going around doing ordinary things and talking about them, possibly while drinking wine.

You mean like Man Lab or Toy Stories?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

"Shut up James, God's sake, utter bollocks"

Somehow this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long while, and it's just James cooking a drat pie.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Lost it in the first video: "Oh yeah, we're also going to be using all the normal... cooking poo poo."

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
The funny thing about this is that it almost proves that, at least when James is by himself, there probably aren't many outtakes. He's so on, even without a script. He must be bored out of his skull right now, he just seems to need to be working, based on these vids.

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(
Is Man Lab done? I thought that show had so much more potential.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Scottw330 posted:

Is Man Lab done? I thought that show had so much more potential.

I think it's in a state that it could end or continue. I don't think it's been formally cancelled or anything

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Double Bill posted:

"Shut up James, God's sake, utter bollocks"

Somehow this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long while, and it's just James cooking a drat pie.

During the Meccano Bike episode of Toy Stories - hunger sets in since that thing didn't move as opposed to crawl and he spent the night without anything to eat so he started talking to himself and then chastising himself for talking to himself. "Shut up James!" :allears:

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post
The way that James has handled himself over the last few weeks, plus his Youtube videos really makes me like him all the more. He's a really stand up, classy guy. Maybe the silver lining on all of this is that, with Top Gear over, he'll get more solo screen time.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ZippySLC posted:

The way that James has handled himself over the last few weeks, plus his Youtube videos really makes me like him all the more. He's a really stand up, classy guy. Maybe the silver lining on all of this is that, with Top Gear over, he'll get more solo screen time.

He's always been my favorite, but the way he's been cracking on really has been endearing. Hammond seems to be laying low same as Clarkson, which I can respect.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
My guess is that Hammond already had "outside interests" TV work lined up and the unexpected free time just moved the schedule up by a month or so.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

SpannerX posted:

The funny thing about this is that it almost proves that, at least when James is by himself, there probably aren't many outtakes. He's so on, even without a script. He must be bored out of his skull right now, he just seems to need to be working, based on these vids.

I can remember reading a semi-regular column he used to write that was mostly about a him trying to fix old motorbikes in a communal London garage (think a makerspace with old men and old cars and bikes) that was mostley about how nice it was to have a microwave so he could have a hot pasty in he wanted. If he is a right oval office in real life the man needs an BAFTA for acting talent.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
James' shepherd's pie recipe is delicious. I'd pay good money for a The Trip style show where he and Clarkson drive around various countries in locally-made cars before James cooks dinner and the pair of them drink wine until they fall over.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

James' shepherd's pie recipe is delicious. I'd pay good money for a The Trip style show where he and Clarkson drive around various countries in locally-made cars before James cooks dinner and the pair of them drink wine until they fall over.

I would like May and Clarkson to visit battlefields around the world and running through the battle and how lovely it was for the people fighting it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
You know what? No one seems to be that interested in Hammond doing anything.

And I agree with that.

Also, James, do the needful and finish the pie!

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
He filmed that with an iPad. =(

Maybe we can get a low-scale GoFundMe thing together for him to spring for a few GoPros.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I don't think the guy worth 30 million quid needs a go fund me

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Hahaha James is the best. What the gently caress is up with that sweater he gots.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

quote:

Maybe we can get a low-scale GoFundMe thing together for him to spring for a few GoPros.

I think James is doing alright. That kitchen he was using was just for his workshop and it's bigger than some people's normal kitchens. He doesn't need the funding to get better cameras.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

captainOrbital posted:

James May smiles and nods in a blazer while Mike capers around and says Oi what a crackin motor and Edd China actually does a goddamn thing.

If the next show has James and Ed China in it, I think I'll never watch another car show.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Tonight on James May Cooks a Pie, James yells at a cat, somethings fall over and he eats a pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn4b8xVTUhA

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Edd China and James May teaming up would either be the best car show or the worst. Two and a half hours each episode of them drinking and talking about Triumphs.

I'm leaning towards best.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Iridium posted:

He's just too lazy and too busy making pies to buy an actual camera

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005
I love his measurements that's the way cooking should be done.

"get a knob of butter about the size of a piece of cheese"

"you want a piece of cheese about the size of a knob of butter"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
I kind of want to try his recipe, but I'd swap the mushrooms for some diced bacon because I'm from America.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Needs more carrots in it, it's not a good shepherds pie without carrots.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
My favourite non sequitur of the pie series got has to be "you know the Greeks have thought that the universe was constructed like an onion, with many layers... and now look at them"

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!

mod sassinator posted:

I kind of want to try his recipe, but I'd swap the mushrooms for some diced bacon because I'm from America.

Yeah, me too. This might be a project for me next week. The James May Pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

That last part was how Clarkson got in trouble though.