Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Don't be assholes, assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
being nice owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If your response to any criticism of things you like is to obsessively stalk the criticizer and scream, you might be an rear end in a top hat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Criticizer? Critic. I know that word.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

If your response to any criticism of things you like is to obsessively stalk the criticizer and scream, you might be an rear end in a top hat.

which is why "stalking" the dude is good, but BBG trolling idiots is bad.

Stux posted:

being nice owns

lol at throwing a fit on twitter and comparing that to genocide "nice"

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 4, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

You're an rear end in a top hat.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're an rear end in a top hat.

Yes, this is also the Something Awful Comedy Forums.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Yes, this is also the Something Awful Comedy Forums.
Sure, but you're not a funny or interesting or clever rear end in a top hat. You're just an rear end in a top hat, lashing out because you feel threatened in ways you can't understand.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

NutritiousSnack posted:

its cool you keep saying dude about someone who's a transwoman its def not petty or disgraceful at all lol i am sorry you have become so mad about a user submitted "poem" included as an easter egg in a game being changed that you feel such animosity towards someone like this. i am sorry your life is in such a state that this has become your hill to die on.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sure, but you're not a funny or interesting or clever rear end in a top hat. You're just an rear end in a top hat, lashing out because you feel threatened in ways you can't understand.

i do not feel threatened, though I am now mildly annoyed. whether it's from the fact when someone (though not me) makes fun and proves someone to be an over reactive idiot on the internet but have the correct politics for whatever is the flavor of this month, goons like you cannot laugh at the fool but instead defend them to the death because somehow someway, GamerGate/MRA/PUAs will reopen rape camps and elect Ted Cruz. the word stalking comes up for looking through a public twitter account, though the same is done in the heart beat if they mildly disagree.

I am not going to bother to rewrite or requote Wayne Gresky on here but leave it at he said it best, and it sad you can't loving laugh at a literal basement dwelling nitwit who got mad over a joke as mild as tapwater.

Stux posted:

saying dude

lol that was referring to the kickstarter guy's quote you loving twit.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
help i can't understand a word your saying stux

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

i do not feel threatened, though I am now mildly annoyed. whether it's from the fact when someone (though not me) makes fun and proves someone to be an over reactive idiot on the internet but have the correct politics for whatever is the flavor of this month, goons like you cannot laugh at the fool but instead defend them to the death because somehow someway, GamerGate/MRA/PUAs will reopen rape camps and elect Ted Cruz. the word stalking comes up for looking through a public twitter account, though the same is done in the heart beat if they mildly disagree.

I am not going to bother to rewrite or requote Wayne Gresky on here but leave it at he said it best, and it sad you can't loving laugh at a literal basement dwelling nitwit who got mad over a joke as mild as tapwater.
You write like an rear end in a top hat. Read this out loud, you literally sound like a fictional upper-class rear end in a top hat who's probably named Chet and is in the uncool rich boy frat.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stux reaped again

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

help i can't understand a word your saying stux

He's talking about misgendering, or not referring to a person's actual gender is because of what they were born as.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This is the worst games general thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

This is the worst games general thread.
So it's still better than every game-specific thread?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

fictional upper-class rear end in a top hat who's probably named Chet and is in the uncool rich boy frat.

Mods rename Chet or fictional upper class rear end in a top hat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Mods rename Chet or fictional upper class rear end in a top hat.
It has to be "uncool rich boy."

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

So it's still better than every game-specific thread?
I'm sorry, no.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

I'm sorry, no.
Wow... messed up...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:sigh:

Look man, harsh times call for harsh words.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

NutritiousSnack posted:

He's talking about misgendering, or not referring to a person's actual gender is because of what they were born as.

No my friend I did not mean that specific post I meant any post ever

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

why would you discuss a single poem 99% of people will never see or the removal thereof in a game where psychic midwives murder forest animals with shotguns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

NutritiousSnack posted:

lol that was referring to the kickstarter guy's quote you loving twit.

my bad on that but the rest of my post is very good and right still and also just lol at this entire post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
and don't worry i am laughing at the fool (the guy who made the poem then wrote a big Care article about it after he had to change it)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
"Everyone should have the freedom to express themselves however they want, be it written, visual or audio. That goes for both artists and their critics. If someone puts up something controversial, then they should expect that some people won’t like it. The right to express your opinion is the same as a person’s right to express themselves artistically. Asking for censorship, however, goes against all that...especially when you don't know a god damned thing about the context of the art piece."

he thought bhis kickstarter backer reward was an art piece and that setting boundaries in privately owned space was censorship lmao

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Hmmm starting to think games are bad now.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

dat one portagee posted:

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
April is the cruellest month for games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stux, it kind of owns how even i, a person who completely agrees with you in every possible way, think you are a big fail

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Nah games are good don't worry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Endorph posted:

stux, it kind of owns how even i, a person who completely agrees with you in every possible way, think you are a big fail

good to see my brand is holding up still

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

dat one portagee posted:

welcom

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is anything good coming out this month at all

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i doubt it but cities skylines is out right now so play it

Also pillars of eternity for your transphobic game fix or whatever

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?