Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of incoherent andlongscreed s,

THISWEEK IN LL!01!

Gay marriage is more accepted today than Interracial Marriage was at one point in history. See, Gays are overreacting to being denied rights.

I don't discriminate against homosexuals, I just ostracize them and refuse to associate with them in any way. How is that discrimination?

Well, he claimed it instead of admitting he raised his son racist, guess that PROVES she was overreacting.

LIBRULS are ignoring all the non discriminatory ways this law thats intentionally made to allow people to discriminate could be used.

If you claim your source is the Justice department, no-one will question that you basically just claimed the savage negro is coming after our white women.

Why aren't liberals objecting to every RFRA, instead of just the one tailor made to safeguard bigotry and discrimination?

He's not invading them? Guess that must mean Obama wants to MARRY Iran!

You can tell this thing is full of poo poo because Stalin hasn't had Obama erased from the picture.

Sigh. :golf:

Its amazing how Obamas non crazy father wasn't as heavily scrutinized as Cruz's insane one was.

There is no loving ironicat big enough.

Screw it, I'm done. 3 parter this week, I can't do this right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

But I guess this isn't really a contradiction if Bush wants to hang gay from cranes too.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Yeah, it was almost like he'd been dead for decades, rather than saying crazy, racist poo poo right now. :downs:

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

My mom is visiting us and the new-ness is starting to wear off and she's started trying to interject unrelated political things into conversations.

I just finished our taxes and I was sort of bitching about how we got the first time home buyer credit in 2008 which means we've been paying it back in $500 increments every year and if we had bought a house in 2009 instead, we wouldn't have to pay it back. My mom interjected "Its just like how they want to give illegals a free education!" No, mom. No.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

They're projecting so hard this 2D display just became a 3D display.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Fulchrum posted:

So I guess that means it's time to put crippling sanctions on Indiana and the American Family Association?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

Gay marriage is more accepted today than Interracial Marriage was at one point in history. See, Gays are overreacting to being denied rights.

Survey of 400 usual Mississippi Republican primary voters with a margin of error of +/-4.9% in 2011.

I'd bet they wouldn't be too hard pressed to be convinced to lockup gay couples if they had the power today, given that a significant portion of that subset want everyone to still be racially pure.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gay sex was illegal in several states until 2003.

I love this reasoning that because gay people won a victory that decriminalized them a decade ago, it's proof that America doesn't discriminate against them

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

Gay sex was illegal in several states until 2003.

I love this reasoning that because gay people won a victory that decriminalized them a decade ago, it's proof that America doesn't discriminate against them

Look if there weren't Gays Only drinking fountains we really can't compare their discrimination to racial discrimination in any way shape or form that's all I'm saying. :colbert:

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Seriously, it's not like the Habeas Corpus suspension isn't well known so to hold up Lincoln as the ultimate "I shall not usurp Congress" is really dumb.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Scruff McGruff posted:

Seriously, it's not like the Habeas Corpus suspension isn't well known so to hold up Lincoln as the ultimate "I shall not usurp Congress" is really dumb.
The executive is also very different than it was in the 19th century. The 20th century saw a legal shifting of power to the executive in governance, and that was largely supported by Congress and the judiciary.

You may also find it blatantly hypocritical that they're bashing Obama for violating the separation of powers weeks after Congress forcibly injected itself into foreign policy, against traditional doctrines of the separation of powers. It's, as well, completely predictable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
http://opinion.inquirer.net/83558/why-not-mens-day#ixzz3WM7CiIY6

Why not Men’s Day?

Where IS the gender equality when there is a Women’s Day and there is no Men’s Day?

I am not antifeminist. I have lived with females my whole life and am the only male in the family. I live with my mother and sister and I have been a witness to their independence and empowerment.

I know that women were oppressed during the early times and that their freedom was restricted, which prompted laws for women. But I think some women may be abusing these advantages they have over men. There is Republic Act No. 9262 or the Act Against Violence Against Women and Children. Because of this law, abused women can go to the police and file charges against their male partners.

But what if the men are the ones being abused by their female partners? Males are not the only ones hurting their partners now; females do, too. The law cannot possibly have this circumstance covered because it is specifically against “violence against women,” and not “men.” And also, the police would have to investigate further because they will not believe “violence against men by women” right away.

Furthermore, let’s say a woman went to the police and filed a harassment report. But if the accused did not really do it, and she was just lying, who would the police believe? There is a high probability that the police would still believe the woman and arrest the man. What about when the man is the one molested by the girl? Will the police arrest her when the law specifies “violence against women”? There is also a high possibility that the police would not believe the man. I don’t see gender equality here.

With regard to the women-only coaches in trains, I have no complaint. Women have more sensitive areas anatomically, and are really more prone to be molested especially in crowded areas.

I think Women’s Day is okay to empower and remind women of their endless potentials and capabilities. However, maybe some laws and rules instituted by our leaders are a bit too feminist and a bit too discriminatory. Will the free LRT or MRT rides really empower the women, or just discriminate against us men? Why can we not have free rides as well in one day of the year? (Not that I’m really asking for one.)

And also, why are female inmates out of jail just because it’s Women’s Day? There’s a little injustice for the male inmates who have been in jail for a long time and have not tried getting out because there is no such thing as Men’s Day, despite them convicted of the same crimes.

I have no qualms about women empowerment because I really salute all the women out there, especially my mother and my sister, the most independent and empowered women in my life. This is just my opinion, and some thoughts running in my head about the recent Women’s Day celebration.

A question to ponder: Is Women’s Day really intended for gender equality or to discriminate against men?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Why not Men’s Day?

Where IS the gender equality when there is a Women’s Day and there is no Men’s Day?

I am not antifeminist. I have lived with females my whole life and am the only male in the family. I live with my mother and sister and I have been a witness to their independence and empowerment.

I know that women were oppressed during the early times and that their freedom was restricted, which prompted laws for women. But I think some women may be abusing these advantages they have over men. There is Republic Act No. 9262 or the Act Against Violence Against Women and Children. Because of this law, abused women can go to the police and file charges against their male partners.

But what if the men are the ones being abused by their female partners? Males are not the only ones hurting their partners now; females do, too. The law cannot possibly have this circumstance covered because it is specifically against “violence against women,” and not “men.” And also, the police would have to investigate further because they will not believe “violence against men by women” right away.

Furthermore, let’s say a woman went to the police and filed a harassment report. But if the accused did not really do it, and she was just lying, who would the police believe? There is a high probability that the police would still believe the woman and arrest the man. What about when the man is the one molested by the girl? Will the police arrest her when the law specifies “violence against women”? There is also a high possibility that the police would not believe the man. I don’t see gender equality here.

With regard to the women-only coaches in trains, I have no complaint. Women have more sensitive areas anatomically, and are really more prone to be molested especially in crowded areas.

I think Women’s Day is okay to empower and remind women of their endless potentials and capabilities. However, maybe some laws and rules instituted by our leaders are a bit too feminist and a bit too discriminatory. Will the free LRT or MRT rides really empower the women, or just discriminate against us men? Why can we not have free rides as well in one day of the year? (Not that I’m really asking for one.)

And also, why are female inmates out of jail just because it’s Women’s Day? There’s a little injustice for the male inmates who have been in jail for a long time and have not tried getting out because there is no such thing as Men’s Day, despite them convicted of the same crimes.

I have no qualms about women empowerment because I really salute all the women out there, especially my mother and my sister, the most independent and empowered women in my life. This is just my opinion, and some thoughts running in my head about the recent Women’s Day celebration.

A question to ponder: Is Women’s Day really intended for gender equality or to discriminate against men?

You can literally just type "when is mens day" into Google and find this out people. It takes less than half a second to find out Men's Day exists and is celebrated. :cripes:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

quote:

Objectives of International Men's Day include a focus on men's and boy's health, improving gender relations, promoting gender equality, and highlighting positive male role models. It is an occasion for men to celebrate their achievements and contributions, in particular their contributions to community, family, marriage, and child care while highlighting the discrimination against them.
That's not a REAL men's day!!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I don't have to "read things" or "look up things" to ask a simple weasel-question: Is International Women's Day an Amazonian plot to castrate all men and establish tyrannical gynocracy? Really makes you think

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

gradenko_2000 posted:

2) Saudi Arabia is more opposed to Iran getting nukes than anyone else (even Israel). In the West, most people think that all Arab nations get along swimmingly whenever the US or Europe isn't poking around, but that's not true at all. You aren't "most people", so you probably already know this, but there are major sects within Islam that actually go to violent war with each other periodically (for the last 1,000 years at least) as a matter of form. The Saudi's represent one branch, and the radical version of their branch was responsible for 9/11 and is the core of the ISIS/ISIL theology. The other is ostensibly led by Iran, has taken over as the dominant government in Iraq (what remains of that nation), and dominant in Syria.

Everyone pipe down; Middle East expert talkin' here!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Why not Men’s Day?

A beard did grow upon my neck as soon as I read this.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

I don't have to "read things" or "look up things" to ask a simple weasel-question: Is International Women's Day an Amazonian plot to castrate all men and establish tyrannical gynocracy? Really makes you think

We've been forewarned with cautionary tales of such before:

:ohdear: :haw: :ohdear:

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
Ever met one of those, "My taxes pay your salary!" types? The sort who thinks that, because they pay taxes, they're entitled to dictate every action of any public servant they come into contact with? An intrepid photographer captured one in the wild, this time arguing with firefighters that they had driven too far (in his estimation) from their station to buy groceries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTgy5U_Vr0

For the life of me, I do not understand his complaints at all. These guys didn't drive 500 miles to eat at Ruth's Chris, they drove slightly further to save a fair amount on groceries. In what way does this concern him even a little?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That guy sounds like Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mo_Steel posted:

You can literally just type "when is mens day" into Google and find this out people. It takes less than half a second to find out Men's Day exists and is celebrated. :cripes:

This is a perfect example of a really deceptive argument technique. Group A says "Let's do something to help X", Group B says "Why aren't you worried about Y instead?"

Group B doesn't actually give a poo poo about Y, they're just against helping X but they can't safely say that.

I'm not saying that it works that way every time, but if one group says "Let's raise money to help homeless people get off the streets" and someone else says "Why don't we help homeless veterans instead?" That person had better have a long record of actual work helping homeless veterans.

The people claiming to be mad about there being no Men's day don't give a poo poo about Men's day. They just hate Women's day.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

JohnClark posted:

Ever met one of those, "My taxes pay your salary!" types? The sort who thinks that, because they pay taxes, they're entitled to dictate every action of any public servant they come into contact with? An intrepid photographer captured one in the wild, this time arguing with firefighters that they had driven too far (in his estimation) from their station to buy groceries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTgy5U_Vr0

For the life of me, I do not understand his complaints at all. These guys didn't drive 500 miles to eat at Ruth's Chris, they drove slightly further to save a fair amount on groceries. In what way does this concern him even a little?

It ties into the same thing with complaints about people on food stamps buying anything besides sacks of rice: a misconception about whose money it is. When you pay the cashier at the grocery store for your food, you don't get a say in how that money is distributed from then on because it's not your money anymore. People generally understand this where private businesses are concerned, but when it comes to public money things get more complicated. When you pay your taxes you still get some say in how it's used, but people confuse this part: it's not your loving money anymore, it's the Government's money now. Just because we all have a say in how it's used doesn't mean it's still your money. There are lots of things the government spends money on I disagree with but it's still not my money anymore.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This is a perfect example of a really deceptive argument technique. Group A says "Let's do something to help X", Group B says "Why aren't you worried about Y instead?"

Group B doesn't actually give a poo poo about Y, they're just against helping X but they can't safely say that.

I'm not saying that it works that way every time, but if one group says "Let's raise money to help homeless people get off the streets" and someone else says "Why don't we help homeless veterans instead?" That person had better have a long record of actual work helping homeless veterans.

The people claiming to be mad about there being no Men's day don't give a poo poo about Men's day. They just hate Women's day.

Poverty is a good example. I've discussed the topic with people of how we could help the poor in the U.S. and a not altogether uncommon response is "what about in other poorer countries who have it worse?" Absolutely, we should help people in poorer countries too (and let me tell you about systemic roadblocks to lifting those people up caused by private ownership and abuse of the proletariat :ussr:) but that's not an argument that we shouldn't help the poor here. I doubt many poor Americans would rather be poor people in Africa or South America instead but that doesn't mean that being poor in America isn't a problem worth resolving.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Okay, lets see how far I can get this time.

I apologise for the staggering, I have a lot of poo poo going on and my patience for dealing with this isp retty low right now. If you guys want I can just skip the comments and post all the stuff we haven't neen yet.

If you see a baby, congratulations, you're not looking at anything resembling a human fetus.

Internet companies continue to be opportunistic and poo poo on customers? This never would have happened if we'd given them absolute power!

Hey look, :tinsley: has a new fan.

Like every single person who mocked a purple heart recipient because he opposed Bush, for instance.

Its amazing how this supposedly identical law has such massively different effects.

Its almost like one is engaged in genocide. SHame that didn't fit on the list.

What more scared display of faith can you have than hating someone for beiong different?

The enemy isn't you or me, its the politicians...except the ones I vote for.

How many of these are gonna be the same false equivalency bullshit?

"Whereas enslaving them to perpetuate a life they find abhorent is okay, as my collection of people will attest."

Hey look, news. maybe you should cover that instead of bullshit and attempts at slander.

Pee pee doo doo we still hate him.

Isn't it ironic that gay people don't want to be told that they're immoral by the government, or anyone else?

Because going bad is the only way an egg can progress. The egg is the peak of its life cycle. The gently caress?

Remember when people in Indiana were forced into the state religion? What a massive oversight.

Chrisitans will just try to poison you. See, LIBRULS, doesn't that make Christians seem so reasonable now?

Get the facts, whatever we tell you they are.

Its amazing how the opposition to that civil rights grouping didn't ever do things like try to call them dishonest posturers. Sure seems like thats something they would try.

|Customers - a concept that LL101 cannot fully understand.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fulchrum posted:

Because going bad is the only way an egg can progress. The egg is the peak of its life cycle. The gently caress?

Progress is an egg into a chicken.

Trying to keep things the same leads to the chicken never being born and the egg rotting.

Hmm, makes you think about eggs. Lot of egg thoughts going through my head now.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
A palate cleanser:

:unsmith:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I especially like the part where Israel having nukes does not destabilize the region because reasons.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The only difference

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

The only difference

This has to be Poe's Law. Please.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Fulchrum posted:

If you claim your source is the Justice department, no-one will question that you basically just claimed the savage negro is coming after our white women.

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gradenko_2000 posted:

I especially like the part where Israel having nukes does not destabilize the region because reasons.

"If 37 years of sanctions is a good thing than, logically, another 37 years of sanctions would be twice as good! Also the directions say to cook at 350 degrees but I want it done in half the time so I'll turn the oven to 700."

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FIRST TIME posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

A stormfront post. Theyt claimed the DOJ said no black women were ever raped by white men, gave no links, and decided it was objective fact. Like I said, this is claiming the negro is after white women just pretending the DOJ said it.

Anyway.

Not thinking my beliefs trump other peoples rights? I guess we know what REAL intolerance is.

Notice that in Conservaitves idea, there's less black guys.

"They're disrespecting the sufferers by saying they're like them. WE'RE THE REAL SUFFERERS, DAMNIT!"

drat those politicians wanting to use the money!

Hah, after I stuck my fingers in my ears and denied that their basic refusal was disrcrimination, you can't name ANYTHING!

Children with down sydnromes are precious. Not precious enough to be used in emotionally manipulative propaganda, because we used healthy and normal babies, but still.

If a straight person said it was for gay people, they'd be denied too. See how its not disrcimination?

pee pee doo doo bad network, yadda yadda.

Almost like this bill is significantly different in some way, and people trying toc laim its the same buill as everywhere else are lying.

Obama voted on a buill that was called the same thing. Why does he oppose a different bill now?!!?

ANd of course that must include the commander in chief.

If you can get through a wall of text, you'll find a bunch of shitab out how secularism is actually a religion.

Hates hate, but hates hate? HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

So making a wedding cake means you're getting married...what the gently caress?

\Because no conservative has EVER tried to censor things. Really.

Why won't you overthrow your democratically elected government like you did 200 years ago?

A single person posting it on Twitter? LIBERAL MASTERPLAN EXPOSED!

Be careful with this one, its so packed full of straw its a class 4 fire hazard.

These 9 states who were flat out failing improved comparatively, while these 9 successful states continued along at a steady pace? Clearly we know which one is doing things RIGHT!

Hmm, my history books must be off, because it wasn't the Nazis refusing to serve the Jews that the period was famous for.

What a shocker - a man who has always hated equality, thinks an equality movement has gone too far.

Correct, the privilige of wealth is one greater than the privilige of sex. Welcome, comrade.

Apart from the Treaty of Tripoli?

Look, this person on facebook claimed they were gay! This proves its not discrimination!

drat that Coyote!

60 years prior - "LET HER RIDE!"

Why do people in America always try to fix things in America? They should be more focused on dictating what other cultures can do!

This woman has spite, so that PROVES it isn't about hate!

THis straight white man pretended to be a lesbian! See? Totally no discrimination.

And finally, proof that :golf:'s not dead.

NightWig
Aug 12, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Get the facts, whatever we tell you they are.

There's so much wrong here. The facts they have is from when abortion already had become legal, and the deaths by abortion is still more than 10 more on the illegal side.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fulchrum posted:

Children with down sydnromes are precious. Not precious enough to be used in emotionally manipulative propaganda, because we used healthy and normal babies, but still.
So I guess they support full and comprehensive healthcare, compassionate disability benefits, and a generous allowance for carers?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Hah, after I stuck my fingers in my ears and denied that their basic refusal was disrcrimination, you can't name ANYTHING!

So then I guess it won't be a problem to specify that the RFRA doesn't protect discrimination or allow a business to sue to overturn local non-discrimination ordinances, since no businesses want to do that anyway.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fulchrum posted:

THis straight white man pretended to be a lesbian! See? Totally no discrimination.

Wait did that actually happen?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Someone on GoFundMe did give $20, yes. Whether that person is a Lesbian who agrees that gays are just bullying poor defenseless Christians, or someone deciding to lie and claim that see, even real gay people don't think its discrimination, depends on whether you think these people will lie.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

UV_Catastrophe posted:

A palate cleanser:

:unsmith:

It took this person until 2015?

Better late than never.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

RagnarokAngel posted:

Wait did that actually happen?

Whether it's true or not, it still like a black person being ok with segregation even though he's getting substandard service. It's a self-hating system that needs to loving stop.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

A visual aid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This is the liberal logic thread right