Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Was there even a Triumph on the street bit in this episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

...no

can... can they really get away with that?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I am ready for more SAO II

Also, just got back from Anime Boston and I bought some Akibarangers figures :toot:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not a good show tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's perfectly okay.

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

DBZ Kai: Krillin almost kills Vegeta, but Goku lets him live and Vegeta escapes in his pod. As Chi Chi and some others gather up Krillin, Goku, and Gohan, Krillin informs them that Kami is a Namekian, and the planet Namek may have more people that can make Dragon Balls. They realize that Nappa's pod still works and Bulma decides to run some tests on it.

Kill la Kill: Satsuki announces a Naturals Election battle royale where students fight for the right to earn Goku uniforms. To keep away from the fighting, Ryuko takes Mako to her old house and tells her more about her past. On the way, their scooter runs out of gas and they're picked up by Gamagoori, who tells them about how he met Satsuki. The three are attacked by the Automotive Airsoft Club and Gamagoori uses his uniform to fight them off. Back at Honnouji, the remaining contenders scramble onto pillars in a King of the Hill game and guess what it's the Elite Four and Ryuko. Satsuki declares that she will tell Ryuko about her father's death if she defeats each of the Elite Four.

Sword Art Online II: The MMO police tell Kirito that he has to do something about a dude on Call of Duty who's shooting people to death with Internet Bullets.

One Piece: Spandam accidentally uses his Buster Call, the loving moron, and now Enies Lobby is racing against the clock before a Marine Armada comes to destroy it. Spandam also accidentally tells the entire loving island about it. This causes the soldiers to free the Straw Hats' allies and flee for the coast. The CP9 operatives decide to end their fights quickly as Luffy begins his fight against Lucci.

No Goonami tonight for holiday. I'll make sure the playlist is open though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think I'm gonna keep up SAO2. I missed the first and it just sorta bored me to sleep last time. I know it's gonna get really stupid really fast but eh.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

speaking of! we now present

No Rape Here, Still Plenty of Liquor: The Sword Art Online 2 Drinking Game
Drink when:
    - The show starts
    - A woman falls in love with Kirito pretty much instantly (x2 if it's a dude)
    - Someone in the audience mentions glopping
    - Someone in the audience spergs out about guns
    - Someone in the show says "Virtual bullets are fired from a virtual gun"
    - Someone in the show says "Death Gun"
    - Swords > Guns
    - Sinon (the chick with the blue hair) gets PTSD from a gun
    - PLOT (x2 if it's Sinon)
    - Kirito's life advice immediately sinks in

but wait, there's more!

Drink Days Online: The SAO2 Drinking Game: Wild Geese Edition
Drink when:
    - You feel that "Crawling in my Skin" would be appropriate background music
    - Huey appears on screen/says something
    - You're gobsmacked by how inconceivably stupid the poo poo on screen is
    - You realize that people pay/paid money to read this garbage
    - You realize that there are people out there who try to defend this poo poo as being worthy of something other than the incinerator
    - Remember how SAO had multiple instances of That Scene? Let's not pretend that this shitpile isn't going to have any. Keep a sealed bottle of booze on-hand, and when we enter That Scene territory, drink the whole goddamn thing.
    - Something happens on-screen where you feel as though this:

is an appropriate reaction

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 4, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RIP One Piece rerun. I guess it must have done awful for them to pull it so quickly

Edit: Also, once they get on Namek, I am including an "Are they still on Namek?" to the recaps.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

RIP One Piece rerun. I guess it must have done awful for them to pull it so quickly

you really do have to wonder just what the gently caress they were thinking with trying to start the reruns with the goddamn filler episodes

i mean seriously, that poo poo just smacks of either gross incompetence or deliberate sabotage

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One piece has non filler episodes?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still can't believe this loving scene exists.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Dragon Ball really put together an emotional episode here. It's touching, and one of the best moments in the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And it's ruined when you realize that Bulma's just gonna break up with Yamcha and marry Vegeta.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
She made the right choice

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I liked Krillin's "I bet we'll never see Vegeta again!" line.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

HGH posted:

I don't think I'm gonna keep up SAO2. I missed the first and it just sorta bored me to sleep last time. I know it's gonna get really stupid really fast but eh.
Same here. Part 2 of SAO 1 got so loving bad that at some point I just turned it off, and only watched the finale out of morbid curiosity/closure. Trying to watch SAO2 only reminded me of how much I hate/don't care about everyone in the show, so I'm not gonna bother trying to watch it.

I mean loving Christ it's not like I have super-high standards, I can easily watch Inuyasha no problem and yet I still can't stand SAO.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
What's the status on Goonami? I wasn't able to catch last week's apparently insane Akibaranger episode, so I'm hoping to catch that along with the finale (if that wasn't seen last week). Also Slayers or anything else is fun to watch with Goons as well. It seems like the Goonami synchtube is still buggy, so fill me in on what's up if you can Waffle-san.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We finished Akibaranger last week, and I'm home for Easter with a capped connection, so Goonami is off for the week.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

We finished Akibaranger last week, and I'm home for Easter with a capped connection, so Goonami is off for the week.

Ah, thanks for update. I hope you can find something Akiba quality for the future. Happen to have links to the last 2 Akibaranger episodes handy? I gotta check them out, even if I'm missing out on the awesome experience of chatting about them and freaking out about the Pentagon.

I would've been there last weekend, but I was off at my cousin's as a kind of hangout weekend leading in to watching Wrestlemania.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You can get it here.

The thing is, we're at a weird point in time where I don't have enough time to show even a 12-episode thing before I have to come back home for summer break and won't be able to do Goonami at all. Someone's trying to get a stream of Tiger & Bunny ready that should last through the summer, and I plan on doing Baccano when I come back in late August/September. Until then, I'm open to suggestions for anything to take us through dead hour.

Edit: Okay, so I looked ay my schedule, and I have four Saturdays left guaranteed. If all goes as planned, we should end Slayers next week, and if I double up a 12-episode series in the pre-Toonami slot and the Dead Hour slot, we should be able to finish it in time. I have a couple series in mind, I just need to figure out the technical aspect of doing one of them.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 5, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Thanks for the link. We were watching the end of season 1 of Akibaranger right?

Tiger & Bunny I can get behind, and Baccano is something I haven't seen so that's always nice, and I've heard good things about it.

As far as 12 episode series, I think the second season of Psycho-Pass is about 12 eps, and I know Death Parade is 12 episodes and that was fun. It led to an all-time great ADTRW gif if nothing else. I don't know about older series off the top of my head, but I trust your judgment as always.

Just don't make me want to blow up the moon again. loving moon people. GODDAMN moon people! Ugh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We were watching season 1, yes.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I liked Psycho-Pass but the second season wasn't too good. Didn't feel like it had enough breathing room to me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It looks like I can get the entirety of the series I have in mind on Youtube, but I need to prepare precautions if they get taken down, so I'm not ready to officially confirm it yet. Worst case scenario, I have a couple things I know I can get easily to fill the time.

The series is Panty and Stocking.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 5, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Krillin does good impressions.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
drat roshi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna make a Capsule Corporation t-shirt.

Edit: GOOD JOB BULMA

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bulma, what happened to your hair?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I also thought Bulma was a mannish nurse with a weird hairdo.

Also since when does the DBZ universe have TVs?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh my God, Bulma, look what you did

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hello, Al Jolson.

EDIT: lol Kami's :airquote:assistant:airquote: read: slave

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Bulma's racist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh my God Popo's voice.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh my God, Mr Popo, what the gently caress are you doing here

how long have you been there

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Please kill the new moon Goku

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

Bulma's racist.

Racist and blue haired. Ugh

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bulma's a loving racist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That Instant Transmission, yo.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Mr.Popo doesn't have time for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Wow Bulma, immediately thinking he's going to do something bad.

Just more unnecessary racism

• Locked thread