Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Goemon is a very serious pick, and one I respect. If we can get Ebisumaru, Sasuke and Yae somehow, as in a Final Smash, it would be great to see the whole gang together again, in HD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Toon Ganondorf would be so great. You could move Puppet Ganon during his final smash, or summon Phantom Ganons as a regular B move.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Here's a good character that should be in Smash: Mona, from WarioWare

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Voted for Phoenix Wright. I put as a reason he'd be a good fit for Smash that he could shout "Objection" as a taunt.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Voted for Phoenix Wright. I put as a reason he'd be a good fit for Smash that he could shout "Objection" as a taunt.

that would be his neutral special move, actually.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Patter Song posted:

sharrrk posted:

Do you really think Sakurai would pass on the opportunity to put another Down-B counter in the game? :rolleyes: Come on people.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sharrrk posted:

Nope, it's a counter move.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I love that we can speculate like its summer 2014 all over again.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Do you really think Sakurai would pass on the opportunity to put another Down-B counter in the game? :rolleyes: Come on people.

he's sure as hell not going to pass on the chance to have kirby say objection

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

sharrrk posted:

Still couldn't be as funny as Kirby saying "auto-reticle"

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the roster is perfect and theres no need to add anything past mewtwo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

qnqnx posted:

the roster is perfect and theres no need to add anything past mewtwo

THIS IS WHAT MEWTWO FANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I wonder if we're getting more Talking Time with Palutena and friends with these DLC fighters or if they're just going to trigger the dummy conversation people found in the game files.

It wouldn't make that much sense though thematically, Pit and his knack for gaming knowledge would obviously know about Mewtwo and Lucas at the very least.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wonder if we're getting more Talking Time with Palutena and friends with these DLC fighters or if they're just going to trigger the dummy conversation people found in the game files.

It wouldn't make that much sense though thematically, Pit and his knack for gaming knowledge would obviously know about Mewtwo and Lucas at the very least.

Who cares, the ones they had were insanely disappointing

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Snake is going to have codecs for them when he is put in the game after this ballot

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sharrrk posted:

Here's a good character that should be in Smash: John Cena

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

He can have a down b counter that's the five moves of doom. In full, every single time.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

TechnoSyndrome posted:

sharrrk posted:

Clearly Phoenix's Down+B counter move will be Psyche-Locks that freeze the opponent in place so we can have both.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

bef posted:

I still haven't voted because i am at loss as to who i would seriously want in the game.

The thing with the vote is that it was worded in such a way that they can totally ignore the most popular choice if they don't feel like it or there's a licensing issue or anything else. Barring any kind of crazy left field third-party character dealing they actually go for, they've probably got ideas for who they want next anyway, and I bet if you're gonna vote realistically and seriously, they're wanting you to pick one of these:

Captain Toad (would legit be dope)
Chorus Men (or Karate Man if they can't be in like the Ice Climbers can't)
Chrom (don't do this)
Inkling (would legit be dope)
Paper Mario (would legit be dope)
Waluigi (complete the set)
Wolf (work's done)

And of the three I think would be dope, I think Inkling would be a little presumptuous and too new so Captain Toad and Paper Mario. Who I've both voted for. Bravo to me.

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 5, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I'd main that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Viewtiful Joe

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Szmitten posted:

The thing with the vote is that it was worded in such a way that they can totally ignore the most popular choice if they don't feel like it or there's a licensing issue or anything else. Barring any kind of crazy left field third-party character dealing they actually go for, they've probably got ideas for who they want next anyway, and I bet if you're gonna vote realistically and seriously, they're wanting you to pick one of these:

Captain Toad (would legit be dope)
Chorus Men (or Karate Man if they can't be in like the Ice Climbers can't)
Chrom (don't do this)
Inkling (would legit be dope)
Paper Mario (would legit be dope)
Waluigi (complete the set)
Wolf (work's done)

Replace Waluigi with Bandana Dee and I see this being the most realistic set of options.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Viewtiful Joe

Wonder Red is Viewtiful Joe but he could actually get in

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ruggington posted:

Wonder Red is Viewtiful Joe but he could actually get in

I voted for wonder red AND the wonderful one-double-oh.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Who cares, the ones they had were insanely disappointing

What the gently caress

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Bee posted:

Replace Waluigi with Hades and I see this being the most realistic set of options.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So what I'm reading here is that everyone wants Grey Pit.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

sharrrk posted:

What the gently caress

he is right, and Kid Icarus as a whole is made of suck and fail

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I legit think Captain Toad would be an interesting fighter, besides having NO idea how they would handle him jumping. He's not supposed to be able to jump, but you need to have the ability to in this game.

I love the idea of Capt Toad being a heavyweight because of his backpack

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Macaluso posted:

I legit think Captain Toad would be an interesting fighter, besides having NO idea how they would handle him jumping. He's not supposed to be able to jump, but you need to have the ability to in this game.

I love the idea of Capt Toad being a heavyweight because of his backpack

Almost none of the fighters are supposed to be able to do what they do in Smash Bros. so Captain Toad wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

messagemode1 posted:

I voted for Birdo, because I want to pop eggs from my mouth.

Good choice, friend.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I still want Wonder Red and Wonder Blue. If not them, then Issac from Golden Sun being promoted like Little Mac.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think the best way to do Toad would be to have multiple different Toad characters as alts. 2 colors each for Captain Toad, Toadette, and Toadsworth, plus plain Blue/Yellow Toad from NSMB. That makes 8 alts altogether.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

toad is already in smash: peach uses him to protect herself from attacks, by activating his disgusting spore spray

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There are many toads. Peach only has a regular red Toad, which you may notice was already absent from my list of Toads. QED

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

captain toad is the red toad

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Captain Toad with a Captain Toadette alt would make some sense, it's the first time they've really individualized Toad with an outfit and abilities outside of jumping on stuff and throwing turnips. You could build a moveset out of Captain Toad.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Toad's unique attributes are running very fast and quickly digging holes, as a coward is wont to do.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Reiley posted:

Toad's unique attributes are running very fast and quickly digging holes, as a coward is wont to do.

No one is braver than captain toad you mother fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Put Reyn in, because it isn't fair for Shulk not to have his best mate there keepin him safe

• Locked thread